***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,627,876 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
Ag In Ok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or what would it take for coup in Minsk?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Wali served with the Royal Canadian Infantry's 22nd Regiment in Kandahar during the Afghanistan war between 2009 and 2011, reports The Independent. He also reportedly volunteered to fight the Islamic State in Iraq in 2015 and joined hands with the Kurdish forces.

According to media reports, the sniper can deliver 40 kills in a day. On an average, a sniper makes five to six kills in a day.

Wali holds the record of the longest confirmed kill he shot down an IS's fighter in Iraq's Mosul from a distance of 3.5 kilometre using a McMillan Tac-50 rifle in June 2017.
Link
ttu_85
74OA said:

Concern growing that Belarus may join the fighting. SITREP
If Belarus does invade, I bet half defect to the ukes and the other half become a liability to the Ruskies. So boys come on down !
Capstone
AG
The article embedded in the Tweet says:

The sniper, who goes by the name Wali, and who Global News is not naming to protect his family, became famous after a viral, but false, claim that he took the world's longest sniper shot in Iraq.
PJYoung
AG
OwnWorstEnemy said:

Oooops. Rooskies lost something important. Ukes will look after it for them.

Quote:

Expecting low level people in a corrupt & top down command structures to destroy expensive equipment without written orders in their hands to do so is the same level of fantasy reality as Putin expecting Ukraine not to fight.

Quote:

I really don't care for the numbers other than one, whole and in Ukrainian hands.

This jamming equipment loss is so much "Russian defeat" I don't know where to begin.

It is a tactical, operational & strategic-technological defeat of the first order.

Quote:

Zelensky should demand all 55 NATO Mig-29's as an up front payment.

It is that much leverage.

OwnWorstEnemy
Kremlin spox on CNN

Now, what's Putin's definition of an "existential threat"? THAT is the grand question.
PJYoung
AG
rgag12
AG
OwnWorstEnemy said:

Kremlin spox on CNN

Now, what's Putin's definition of an "existential threat"? THAT is the grand question.

If NATO and/or Ukraine invaded Russia I'd imagine that be an existential threat to Putin and the current Russian regime.
Jock 07
AG
OwnWorstEnemy said:

I know we'd love to get our hands on that. Might be making a Ukrainian farmer rich here soon.
Not a Bot
AG
Really want to post a Three Amigos meme right now but don't want to get the ban hammer.

I'll keep it on topic and mention that Lukashenko might be in a world of hurt right now, regardless of what his actions are. No matter what he does, he's screwed.

He can't keep pushing Russia aside. Can't risk sending troops as it might leave his backside exposed.
Robk
MeatDr
AG
Jock 07 said:

OwnWorstEnemy said:

I know we'd love to get our hands on that. Might be making a Ukrainian farmer rich here soon.

Some more info on this thing's importance.

MouthBQ98
AG
I can't hold off of a Three Amigos meme much longer with all this infamous talk.

But I will as not to get deleted.

To keep on topic, if the attack along the Kiev axis is blunted and halted, then the real incentive will be to reduce Mariupol ASAP so the dedicated forces there can be reallocated to drive north along the river to threaten towards Kiev from the south and to cut the nation in two and encircle Ukrainian forces in the east.

Ukraine really needs to focus some combat power along that axis to prepare for that threat, if they can't relieve the city.
Jock 07
AG
MeatDr said:

Jock 07 said:

OwnWorstEnemy said:

Yup exactly would be a huge get. Also would help in determining who, (prc) if anyone, helped with the design and manufacturing. Quite useful in the strategic comms game.
PJYoung
AG

Ag In Ok
AG
MeatDr said:

Jock 07 said:

OwnWorstEnemy said:

I bet the tech will be familiar to us. Either a ******* form of ours or maybe even Israeli. Just a hunch.
wangus12
AG
OwnWorstEnemy said:

Kremlin spox on CNN

She should have the guts to tell that guy that he is working for basically the 2nd coming of Hitler and ask how he feels about it.
AgBQ-00
AG

HMMMM
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
rgag12 said:

OwnWorstEnemy said:

Kremlin spox on CNN

If NATO and/or Ukraine invaded Russia I'd imagine that be an existential threat to Putin and the current Russian regime.
That's what a rational person would consider an existential threat. The question was Putin, 'cause in his world, Ukraine is a Nazi state staged to simultaneously attack with nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons with pigeons as a delivery platform.
Mr. Business
According to Putin on multiple occasions, the existence of Ukraine as a sovereign country allied either economically, politically, or militarily with the west is an existential threat to Russia. Remember this.
aggrad02
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Really want to post a Three Amigos meme right now but don't want to get the ban hammer.

I'll keep it on topic and mention that Lukashenko might be in a world of hurt right now, regardless of what his actions are. No matter what he does, he's screwed.

He can't keep pushing Russia aside. Can't risk sending troops as it might leave his backside exposed.

Speaking of memes, if he sends his troops into Ukraine he risk recreating the scene from Braveheart where the Irish and Scottish hug it out instead of fighting.

He can't send them because he knows once they cross the border he can't control them and they might even turn around and come back at him.
TRM
AG
Post it here
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3248046/
Mr. Business

Burrus86
AG
FIDO95 said:

VaultingChemist said:

Handling large numbers of Russian POWs. Not a logistics problem most would have foreseen at this point.
I sometimes wonder if the right play is to send them back to Russia en mass. Deliver them to one of the Baltic states and let them walk across the Russian border there in the light of day. Make it hard for Russia to hide the truth. Sure Putin may may force them back to the front line. However, I would venture to say that many of them would be utterly demoralized and unwilling to fight. The Ukrainians wouldn't have to feed or guard them. Best of all, they would likely be a cancer to the fighting spirit if sent back to war or to the Russian narrative if sent back home.
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I would put the Russian POWs in the major cities being attacked. If Russians can attack children and other civilians, they can run the risk of hitting their own troops.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Mr. Business said:

According to Putin on multiple occasions, the existence of Ukraine as a sovereign country allied either economically, politically, or militarily with the west is an existential threat to Russia. Remember this.

Oh good, we're already there. I was worried we were going to have to track down which tin foil he uses and which radio frequency causes him to hear blue.
ABATTBQ11
AG
aggrad02 said:

Captain Positivity said:

Speaking of memes, if he sends his troops into Ukraine he risk recreating the scene from Braveheart where the Irish and Scottish hug it out instead of fighting.

He can't send them because he knows once they cross the border he can't control them and they might even turn around and come back at him.

They may not even cross the border before turning around.
Who?mikejones!
https://instagr.am/p/CbayW-9O5Vs
TheEyeGuy
AG
That would require Putin caring about those troops. On top of that, his propaganda team will just spin it to be that the Ukes executed them or something.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
AgBQ-00
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Is that a maxim gun in the back?
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
ABATTBQ11
AG
That machine gun looks like it just stepped out of 1917.
USAFAg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

BLAST (PUN INTENDED) FROM THE PAST...

The PM M1910 is a medium machine gun that was used by the Imperial Russian Army during World War I and the Red Army during Russian Civil War and World War II. Later the gun saw service in the Korean War and the Vietnam War.

The Soviet Union manufactured more PM1910 Maxim guns and would keep them in service until the end of World War II, manufacturing more than 600,000 units.

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
MouthBQ98
AG
Russia and Ukraine are neighbors. They are going to have to eventually find a way to get along. They need to be careful as people to remember the true causes of their disagreements and suffering, and though it will be challenging, remember there are a lot of people on both sides pushed into this that really did not want what has happened.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Captain Positivity said:

He's at risk of A) being assassinated and Russia finding another prop. B) Russia invading Belarus C) Being assassinated by his own military who then refuses to enter and risks a direct conflict with Russia, prompting B.

Belarussian's best play here might just be internal sabotage of Russian efforts. There's no way they'd get the same protection and western tech transfer that Ukraine is getting.
ttu_85
AgBQ-00 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Is that a maxim gun in the back?
Wow sure looks like it Designed in the 1890's. I still wouldn't want to get hit by it. Those things along with incompetent Euro generals annihilated an entire European generation. Horrible things
Ag In Ok
AG
Mr. Business said:

Yes - the ethnic Russians in Ukraine, a successful and western Ukraine, pose the threat to "Russia". The problem Putin has is in his mind. He defines Russia and believes he is the only one who can save the Rus. Problem is, he will die and Russia will live on. Governments will change, but Russia will survive in a recognizable form. At this point in history, people groups across Europe have their own nation states. This wasn't the case for a thousand years. Now will Russia keep the Far East, tbd. But central and European Russia will remain.
First Page Last Page
Page 374 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.