***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,630,052 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by 74OA
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nagler said:

Waffledynamics said:

Is it just me, or are we seeing less Ukrainian destruction of Russian artillery? Destroying those would be key to stopping Russia's cowardly strategy of shelling cities.

Militarily I'm not sure they're as concerned with them shelling cities. It sucks but if they're spending ordinance on cities they're not spending it on fighting men and equipment.
My concern is that by spending ordinance on cities, they are spending it on fighting men and, through them, the equipment that those men would operate. The Russian tactic is to break the Ukrainians' will through this devastation. Are we to assume the Uke soldiers won't care?
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Nagler said:

Waffledynamics said:

Is it just me, or are we seeing less Ukrainian destruction of Russian artillery? Destroying those would be key to stopping Russia's cowardly strategy of shelling cities.

Militarily I'm not sure they're as concerned with them shelling cities. It sucks but if they're spending ordinance on cities they're not spending it on fighting men and equipment.
My concern is that by spending ordinance on cities, they are spending it on fighting men and, through them, the equipment that those men would operate. The Russian tactic is to break the Ukrainians' will through this devastation. Are we to assume the Uke soldiers won't care?
They do care, but if I can disrupt 10 artillery positions by disrupting 1 resupply convoy, I'm hitting the convoy.
mts6175
AG
ttu_85 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Didn't Russia and the Clinton Administration "guarantee Ukraine's security and sovereignty" in the late 1990's If Ukraine would to give its Soviet era nukes to Russia. See how well that worked out.

Russia has no intention of honoring its agreements.
That agreement actually expired and Ukraine didn't renew it.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
Spinnaker96 said:

Interesting to me as it appears that the C5 went out of its way to not overfly any country except Denmark.
I didn't think anything out of the ordinary for that flight path.
At the moment though it must be show of force day because there are over 160 military aircraft showing right now all over Europe.
TRM
AG
aggiehawg
AG
mts6175 said:

ttu_85 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Didn't Russia and the Clinton Administration "guarantee Ukraine's security and sovereignty" in the late 1990's If Ukraine would to give its Soviet era nukes to Russia. See how well that worked out.

Russia has no intention of honoring its agreements.
That agreement actually expired and Ukraine didn't renew it.
Not exactly. The Budapest Memorandum was executed as one in a series of agreements. Some of the other agreements expired but in 2009 both Russia and the US reaffirmed the Budapest Agreement would remain in effect.

However, after the Maidan Revolution, Putin reneged on the agreement saying Russia had never had any agreement with the "new state" that resulted from the revolution, removing Yanukovych in early 2014.

IOW, once the Russian friendly Yanukovych was deposed, Putin refused to honor any past agreements with Ukraine. So he annexed Crimea a few months later.
javajaws
AG
TRM said:

I'm not sure I could realistically comprehend sitting in my home and watching tanks fire on the enemy from what is essentially my front yard. Just boggles the mind.
TRM
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
TRM said:

The Ukes must have had some serious stockpiles there for them to be operating like this. The city's been cut off for weeks.

Do we really know if this is new footage, or could it be old?
VaultingChemist
AG

Handling large numbers of Russian POWs. Not a logistics problem most would have foreseen at this point.
TRM
AG
Could be old. Just came across it.
TRM
AG
VitruvianAg
AG
VaultingChemist said:

Handling large numbers of Russian POWs. Not a logistics problem most would have foreseen at this point.
Pretty sure the polish would be pleased to provide guest services.
74OA
AG
Ukrainian forces retake Kiev suburb. FIGHTING

"Early Tuesday, Ukrainian troops drove Russian forces out of the Kyiv suburb of Makariv after a fierce battle, Ukraine's Defense Ministry said. The regained territory allowed Ukrainian forces to retake control of a key highway and block Russian troops from surrounding Kyiv from the northwest."
Rosstafari
Ogre09
AG
Seems like a l lot of the shelling of coastal cities is coming from Russian ships. Any kind of anti-ship weapons that could be deployed to counter that?
74OA
AG
Keegan99
AG
TRM said:

This seems like a move that could lead to internal strife in Belarus?

Already evidence that some of their military leaders oppose involvement, not to mention the railroad workers turned saboteurs.
Burrus86
AG
74OA said:

That is one bad azz soccer mom right there....driving her Aveo into battle!
Rosstafari
LostInLA07
AG
Is there a submarine equivalent of the UAVs we've been giving Ukraine?
aggiehawg
AG
Ogre09 said:

Seems like a l lot of the shelling of coastal cities is coming from Russian ships. Any kind of anti-ship weapons that could be deployed to counter that?
Neptune anti ship missile..

javajaws
AG
Burrus86 said:

74OA said:

That is one bad azz soccer mom right there....driving her Aveo into battle!
Not quite up to the task as a mini van...but desperate times...
wangus12
AG
TRM said:

They've been saying this for 2 weeks now. I feel like Belarus is gonna end up in civil war if they do push into Ukraine.
74OA
AG
More strategic fallout from the invasion of Ukraine.

Unintended consequences are in full play.

EUROPE
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Germany, Belgium, Romania, Italy, Poland, Norway and Sweden have all pledged to increase defense spending since Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Not sure Putin counted on that.
Not a Bot
AG
The first complete Neptune battalion was not scheduled to be ready for service until April.

It's a new system. The war may have come too early for it to be effective.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
wangus12 said:

TRM said:

They've been saying this for 2 weeks now. I feel like Belarus is gonna end up in civil war if they do push into Ukraine.
Didn't I see here that Bealarus' army is about 40,000 soldiers?

Lukashenko better not send too many to Ukraine, he's going to need more at home to stay in power.
/End of Message
74OA
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Germany, Belgium, Romania, Italy, Poland, Norway and Sweden have all pledged to increase defense spending since Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Not sure Putin counted on that.
First he lost control of the narrative, now he has lost control of the consequences.
TRM
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 371 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.