***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,632,421 Views | 47864 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by LMCane
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why is a that such a rare tank? Is it new?
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

"Commander" variant of the T-80U. Equipped with Shtora-1 APS (electro-optical active protection system or suite for tanks, designed to disrupt the laser designator and laser rangefinders of incoming anti-tank guided missiles.) and thermal imaging night sight TO1-PO2T (detection range / target classification range = 6,400/4,600 meters at night).

Apparently large scale production of this variant has yet to ramp up and recent sanctions on technology used for the listed upgrades now make it unlikely that it ever will.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
74OA said:

Rossticus said:

Hope they enjoyed their brief ownership of that Mercedes before getting wacked.
/End of Message
ABATTBQ11
AG
aggiehawg said:

It's an upgraded T-80. The T-80U is an upgraded version with thermal/NV sights and a missile system. The UK is a command version with better sights and range finding. Probably meant as the commander's version to lead the slightly less well equipped tanks around it.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks.
Rossticus
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Is he with them? Or is he dead?
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

My belief is that he wasn't with them in-country.
GAC06
AG
Would be huge if he was killed, no way to hide it. The Ukrainians would be shouting it from the rooftops
74OA
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

74OA said:

Rossticus said:

Strong early message to other potential collaborators.
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

aggiehawg said:

Yes he was. Link
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

aggiehawg said:

Yes he was. Link

I believe that right after he claimed that, someone found a photo he'd posted to social media within the past 24 hours showing he, his mother, and some others out on the town somewhere in Russia.
Ulysses90
AG
Quote:

Russia allows the citizens to leave and then flattens the city. That is their MO.

They have lost 1000s of troops and equipment but they are not wanting to slaughter the citizens.

That is the opposite of the Russian MO. They rubbled Grozny without letting the population escape. They did the same to Aleppo.

The reason that the 'official ' UN total is 902 civilian deaths is because of the hundreds of blue helmet observers spread across Kharkiv, Mariupol, Sumy, Gostomel, Mykolaiv, and the rest of Ukraine. If you haven't seen them in the UN observers in the thousands of eye witness videos from the battlefield well, that's the point. They aren't there.
Rossticus
100%. They're targeting individual civilians, targeting civilian vehicles, targeting apartment buildings, targeting refugee corridors, targeting fleeing civilians, targeting civilian shelters, denying access of medical aid and humanitarian aid to civilians.

Russians are not only trying to slaughter civilians, they ARE slaughtering civilians.
Rossticus
JFABNRGR
AG
Yeah. The Uke trench reference was to his comment of sophisticated and interconnected trenches which we have previously seen.
No Spin Ag
Player To Be Named Later said:

74OA said:

Rossticus said:

You hate to see it.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Edit: Tweet deleted
Rossticus

GAC06
AG
Any word on Poland mobilizing?
Sharpshooter
AG
Rossticus said:

How 1939 of her.
Rossticus
GAC06 said:

Everyone is keeping their poker face on but based on increased air defense deployments, redeployment of U.S. armor, and the increasing public push of eastern flank countries to put an end to this, I wouldn't be surprised with development toward that end following the upcoming NATO powwow.

Probably wholly dependent on US/UK/French commitment to defensive combat role within the respective mobilizing countries should Russia or Belarus launch attacks on their turf.
Rossticus
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

GAC06 said:

Everyone is keeping their poker face on but based on increased air defense deployments, redeployment of U.S. armor, and the increasing public push of eastern flank countries to put an end to this, I wouldn't be surprised with development toward that end following the upcoming NATO powwow.

Probably wholly dependent on US/UK/French commitment to defensive combat role within the respective mobilizing countries should Russia or Belarus launch attacks on their turf.

We aren't seeing the rush and support over to Europe as it was in the Cold War, but I would eat my shoe AND your shoe if we are not quietly staging and ramping up at least some assets in the area, aside from the ones we know of. Especially our intel. The US has gotten pretty good at projecting strength without official "organized" units over the last ten years or so. Our wargamers and planners probably have not gotten much sleep I would think as well. If nothing else, it is a damn good exercise.
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Ultimatums? Sounds to me like Putin has gotten some very bad news.

ETA: Escalate to de-escalate?
Raiderjay
Why do we keep saying what we will "not" do???? We should say " All options are on the table, and that depends on what Russia does".
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
What am I looking at? Anti missile defense?
C@LAg
aggiehawg said:

What am I looking at? Anti missile defense?
that is my guess, but it looks like they are shooting at some sort of flare

alternative is... someone is playing BeatSaber.
No Spin Ag
Rossticus said:

Putin has a plan for Ukraine and we see how well that's going. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
First Page Last Page
Page 362 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.