***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,632,664 Views | 47864 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by LMCane
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ATX_AG_08
AG
wangus12
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

After seeing way too much of this, if it means ending Vladimir Putin's life, I am 100% okay with starting World War III.
We start WWIII and we see a lot more of this before Putin is dead
Rossticus
Ukraine continuing to signal that Russia will not be allowed to take anything positive away from this war. The end result will be a failure for Russia, not a bad idea by which they still managed to exact beneficial concessions.

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

The Russians sound like they may be needing a gold bar to stars promotion program if this keeps up.
Not a Bot
AG
A lot of chatter today about Ukraine forces moving south from Mykolaiv along M14 pushing Russian troops back toward Kherson. Not that far to Kherson from the small towns where the fighting was picking up today.
Keegan99
AG
Link to "chatter"?
wildmen09
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

According to Wiki, it seems that the US felt that 8th Army was in control of the separatist Armies in the Donbas. This is a big get.
bonfarr
AG
I take it you didn't grow up during the Cold War.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Rossticus
This is picking up steam rapidly… Keep a close watch to see if Western Europe and North America break from Eastern Europe based on divergent interests. From this point it's hard to imagine an innocuous outcome either way unless it's a strictly political gesture behind the scenes on the part of Eastern Europe. France voting Yes would be massive.

PJYoung
AG

Not a Bot
AG
Keegan99 said:

Link to "chatter"?

I thought I saw it on here, I guess not. Will grab the Twitter links as soon as I can find them
Not a Bot
AG

And then this:
Touchless
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Warning- very distressing video with injured child

This is not a video of an injured child. It's a video of a child that is likely dead as he's not breathing. Please do not post videos like this in this thread. No one here wants to see medics trying to revive a toddler, especially when it doesn't show the toddler coming back. You have to just assume they're dead.
Raiderjay
Touchless said:

Agthatbuilds said:

This is not a video of an injured child. It's a video of a child that is likely dead as he's not breathing. Please do not post videos like this in this thread. No one here wants to see medics trying to revive a toddler, especially when it doesn't show the toddler coming back. You have to just assume they're dead.

If you don't want to see it don't look. It should be prefaced with a warning, but I think it is important to see the ugliness of this war
Rossticus
Touchless said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Also be aware that this same thing has happened hundreds of times over the past few weeks and will continue daily.

I'm not saying we should be involved but it's important to know that decisions made in our own self interest still have consequences for others.
PJYoung
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
Captain Positivity said:

And then this:

I am seeing 40+ soldiers killed. I pray not and look for gains to continue in this area. Cut off Crimean supply lines and then push to the east to relieve Melitopol and Mariupol. I don't know how much longer Mariupol can hold on as they have been begging for support last 48 hours.
Touchless
AG
Salute CornPops Message said:

Touchless said:

Agthatbuilds said:

If you don't want to see it don't look. It should be prefaced with a warning, but I think it is important to see the ugliness of this war
I'm well aware of choosing to watch the video and what may be in it. The warning says an injured child. That is not an injured child. It's a lifeless 3 year old toddler. Everyone on this thread is well aware that civilians are dying in this, including babies, toddlers, kids, etc. There just isn't a need to show that specific type of video on this thread. That's all I'm going to say on it as to not derail.
ttu_85
Salute CornPops Message said:

Touchless said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yep. Best ways to prevent war is for people to truly understand and see what war really is. Nothing like the video games.
Ag In Ok
AG
SPSAg05 said:

aezmvp said:

SPSAg05 said:

Keep stacking that brass! Slava Ukraini!
I'd hold off on that. I can't find anything solid to back it up yet.
Some more smoke.....

"According to preliminary information, the commander of the 8th All-Military Army of the Southern Military District of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Lieutenant General Andriy Mordvichov, was killed in Chornobayivka, reports"

If he was the architect of the southern push, this could be huge.
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

This is picking up steam rapidly… Keep a close watch to see if Western Europe and North America break from Eastern Europe based on divergent interests. From this point it's hard to imagine an innocuous outcome either way unless it's a strictly political gesture behind the scenes on the part of Eastern Europe. France voting Yes would be massive.

There was a video a couple of days ago with French president declaring that they alone had the best prepared and professional army in all of Europe and they had best be prepared for absolutely anything. I just caught it once but it I remember thinking it was quite inflammatory. Like he was personally ready to don some gear and go hunting Russians.

I'll try to find it again but after that, the above doesn't surprise me at all.
Rossticus
Armenians do seem to have changed their tone.

DCPD158
AG
Ag In Ok said:

SPSAg05 said:

aezmvp said:

SPSAg05 said:

Keep stacking that brass! Slava Ukraini!
I'd hold off on that. I can't find anything solid to back it up yet.
Some more smoke.....

"According to preliminary information, the commander of the 8th All-Military Army of the Southern Military District of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Lieutenant General Andriy Mordvichov, was killed in Chornobayivka, reports"

If he was the architect of the southern push, this could be huge.
Add this to Ukrainian force's current southern offensive, cut the head off and attack during the confusion
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Rossticus
GAC06
AG
Armenia just lost a war to Azerbaijan. I wonder what they really have to offer
Rossticus
Eliminatus
AG
GAC06 said:

Armenia just lost a war to Azerbaijan. I wonder what they really have to offer

Probably just another name to add to the "coalition of the willing" Russia seems to be trying to drum up for PR purposes.
oldcrow91
AG
Rossticus said:

Some of these Eastern European countries want to get some licks in on Russia while they are stretched thin and they have American support if counterattacks occur.
Rossticus
They want to 100% make sure that they don't share a border with a wounded Russia who feels they have an axe to grind and score to settle with every one of them. They want to ensure that Russia is dead and bloated after this; utterly unable to engage in any reprisal or retributive action for decades.
JFABNRGR
AG
Rossticus said:

They want to 100% make sure that they don't share a border with a wounded Russia who feels they have an axe to grind and score to settle with every one of them. They want to ensure that Russia is dead and bloated after this; utterly unable to engage in any reprisal or retributive action for decades.
https://www.csis.org/analysis/nato-line-views-four-former-saceurs

All four former SACEURS believe Putins strategic objectives are bigger than Ukraine.
They also believe we should have acted in a manner to prevent not encourage putin to invade.
They also believe a no fly zone can be created for Humanitarian Aid flights.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
It makes complete sense for Europe to be more inclined to join the fight against Russia. They have histories of seeing bloody wars on their soil and great suffering up close. They likely are thinking they've seen this act before and don't want to see it gain steam. These are their people getting massacred.

We've never seen anything like that on our soil, so of course we don't look at it the same way.

The longer this lasts and uglier it gets, the harder it's going to be to keep Europe on the sidelines.
/End of Message
GarryowenAg
AG
Rossticus said:

Waffledynamics said:

TRM said:

Uh oh. That could get spicy.

Question about NATO. If Poland joins the fight and gets struck on Polish territory, could that trigger Article 5?

It could but article 5 still requires a unanimous vote. Technically, NATO soil could be attacked and countries could vote "no" on invoking article 5. That doesn't preclude unilateral action in response by independent countries outside of NATO's framework, however.
I've been out of the loop so far today and haven't seen a response to this statement yet. I recall Biden specifically said we would defend NATO territory from attack even if said country unilaterally conducts offensive operations
Rossticus
JFABNRGR said:

Rossticus said:

https://www.csis.org/analysis/nato-line-views-four-former-saceurs

All four former SACEURS believe Putins strategic objectives are bigger than Ukraine.
They also believe we should have acted in a manner to prevent not encourage putin to invade.
They also believe a no fly zone can be created for Humanitarian Aid flights.

LostInLA07
AG
It's time to put Russia in their place. Ukraine is kicking their ass with limited resources. Somehow we need to enable a decisive victory.
First Page Last Page
Page 354 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.