***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,630,537 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by 74OA
FireAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FoxNews Cameraman killed...
JFABNRGR
AG
aggiehawg said:

LostInLA07 said:

Probably a death sentence for failing to achieve some objective.
Fragged?
If all these C&C losses are legit, I suspect the chisel will have to be sharpened at Langley.
HTownAg98
GAC06 said:

HTownAg98 said:

These guys should be behind a desk pushing paper. Instead, they're sent to the front where they get picked off.

Why would a colonel in command of a unit in combat be at a desk?
I'm speaking more about the generals that keep getting shot, not this particular case. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.
3rd and 2
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

You know what, eff that guy. Quit killing civilians you jackass.

The acceptable solution is a bullet in the head for Putin.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Srebnyansky district, Chernihiv region, villagers caught six Russian spies, part 1
Ag In Ok
AG
Putin may not accept any deal until Mariupol falls. It's a port and steel city. And holds the azov brigade. If he goes for peace now, he has Crimea, Donbas and the other region. Kherson i don't think would be enough for him to be satisfied. I would assume Z wants him out of all territory minus the three. So a complete withdrawal of Russia. Just don't see that happening. Then again, i don't know anything.
Ag In Ok
AG
" Srebnyansky district Chernihiv region villagers caught six Russian scouts part 1"
richardag
ATX_AG_08 said:

Hope translation is correct
"Srebnyansky district, Chernihiv region, villagers caught six Russian scouts, part"

ETA Ag In Ok already translated
The Fife
CCCP passport there must be old as hell! How is that even possible, a fighter would have to be at least 50 years old to be carrying one of those I'd think.
txags92
AG
3rd and 2 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I think any proposal from Ukraine should include war crimes tribunals for anybody who ordered or took part in attacks on civilians.
Charpie
AG
3rd and 2 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

And the only people that would be sad about this would be the the oligarchs. The people of Russia would head to the streets and celebrate!

Viva Ukraine
Who?mikejones!

Two lanterns please
DCPD158
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Two lanterns please

This will be a huge tactical mistake if true. The are so going to get chewed up
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Irish 2.0
Agthatbuilds said:

Two lanterns please
This will not end well for them
richardag
DCPD158 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Two lanterns please

This will be a huge tactical mistake if true. The are so going to get chewed up
Not disagreeing, but why word thy get chewed up? What defensive weapons could be used?
HTownAg98
Irish 2.0 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Two lanterns please

End well for whom? Please explain like I'm 5.
BQ_90
AG
Thoughts the reports where that Odessa has good supply of harpoon or equivalent Anti shipping missiles
ATX_AG_08
AG
Supposedly the waters are heavily mined as well.
Tramp96
HTownAg98 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Two lanterns please

Same here, and I'm a Tech grad. So, you know, keep it simple for me.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Irish 2.0
HTownAg98 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Two lanterns please

Odessa is heavily fortified and they've mined the area. Amphibious assaults are very very difficult with a massive navy. Russia's navy doesn't have the bodies to take and occupy Odessa given the prep work Ukraine has done knowing this was a key strategy for Russia.

These ships are baically sitting ducks once they hit the beach
TH36
I hope they say "tonight we dine in hell" when they see those ships coming and chew those f'in ruskies up!

Anybody seen the video from insider news on the mass graves in Mariupol? It will make you want to see every Russian soldier die, wether you feel bad for them being forced into this war or not.
HTownAg98
Gracias.
txags92
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Two lanterns please

Waters are reportedly mined, they have Neptune anti-ship missiles, there are artillery gun positions ready to hit the ships before they can reach the landing site, and the potential landing sites have been well prepared for defense. Russians have no history or experience doing amphibious landings, and the careful combined arms coordination necessary to pull it off successfully has been absent from everything else Russia has attempted so far.
richardag
BQ_90 & ATX_AG_08

Thanks for the information
ABATTBQ11
AG
GAC06 said:

HTownAg98 said:

These guys should be behind a desk pushing paper. Instead, they're sent to the front where they get picked off.

Why would a colonel in command of a unit in combat be at a desk?

In theory he'd be in some kind of command post or rear area directing combat. Pretty sure the Ukrainians being able to pick off colonels and generals is a bad sign for the Russians. Either things are going so badly that the brass feels a need to be close to the action, or the Ukrainians are picking them off in rear areas and there is little security behind Russian lines. Either way, not good.

The Russians have lost 2 generals in combat on the last 2-3 weeks. We've lost two in combat, including one on 9/11 at the Pentagon, in the last 50 years.
ATX_AG_08
AG
I also don't believe Russia has ever performed an amphibious assault.
txags92
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Two lanterns please

Odessa is heavily fortified and they've mined the area. Amphibious assaults are very very difficult with a massive navy. Russia's navy doesn't have the bodies to take and occupy Odessa given the prep work Ukraine has done knowing this was a key strategy for Russia.

These ships are baically sitting ducks once they hit the beach

Yeah, if they were going to try this kind of assault, the first day of the invasion would have been the time to try, not two weeks in when the Ukrainians have had time to really get ready for it.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Good pup.
ABATTBQ11
AG
txags92 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Two lanterns please

Waters are reportedly mined, they have Neptune anti-ship missiles, there are artillery gun positions ready to hit the ships before they can reach the landing site, and the potential landing sites have been well prepared for defense. Russians have no history or experience doing amphibious landings, and the careful combined arms coordination necessary to pull it off successfully has been absent from everything else Russia has attempted so far.

I'm having a hard time squaring knowing a lot of these guys are just following orders and have no idea what they're doing, but also hoping they all get shot to Hell.
MouthBQ98
AG
If they have spotted artillery on shore, or MLRS, or guided missiles, they can wreck a landing attempt without huge air support and suppression of defenses.

Imagine an MLRS barrage spotted on landing ships sitting stationary unloading landing boats.
ATX_AG_08
AG
B-1 83
AG
BQ_90 said:

Thoughts the reports where that Odessa has good supply of harpoon or equivalent Anti shipping missiles
What's the range on the anti-tank missiles, and how rough would they be on landing craft?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
richardag
ATX_AG_08 said:

There should be justice served on these war criminals. This is on you Putin, you are a war criminal.
BQ_90
AG
B-1 83 said:

BQ_90 said:

What's the range on the ani-tank missiles, and how rough would they be on landing craft?
think a javelin is mile or so; 75 nautical miles for a harpoon
First Page Last Page
Page 326 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.