***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,630,104 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by 74OA
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Oh crap!!
BD88
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Additionally…

Who?mikejones!
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Oh crap!!

It's amazing how Russia is never concerned with engaging in "provocative" actions.
BD88
AG

outofstateaggie
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Well, China would then own 90% of Asia and a good chunk of Eastern Europe. Good times.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Russia asked China to give it military equipment and support for the war in Ukraine after President Vladimir V. Putin began a full-scale invasion last month, according to U.S. officials.

Russia has also asked China for additional economic assistance, to help counteract the battering its economy has taken from broad sanctions imposed by the United States and European and Asian nations, according to an official.

American officials, determined to keep secret their means of collecting the intelligence on Russia's requests, declined to describe further the kind of military equipment Moscow is seeking. The officials also declined to discuss any reaction by China to the requests.

President Xi Jinping of China has strengthened a partnership with Mr. Putin and has stood by him as Russia has stepped up its military campaign, destroying cities in Ukraine and killing hundreds or thousands of civilians. American officials are watching China closely to see whether it will act on any requests of aid from Russia. Jake Sullivan, the White House national security adviser, is scheduled to meet on Monday in Rome with Yang Jiechi, a member of the Chinese Communist Party's elite Politburo and director of the party's Central Foreign Affairs Commission.
NYT
YouBet
AG
Welp, world war just creeped closer to reality.
aggiehawg
AG
YouBet said:

The Times article is unclear on if this is a new request or was made at the same time as the invasion started, or somewhere in between.
YouBet
AG
aggiehawg said:

YouBet said:

The Times article is unclear on if this is a new request or was made at the same time as the invasion started, or somewhere in between.
Hopefully not new. Up until now, most of the commentary has been that Xi was not happy with Putin on his invasion.
Rossticus
YouBet said:

I don't believe so because I don't think the US has the resolve to take any punitive action against China for assisting Russia. Last week China set this up by warning against economic sanctions for actions that it takes. This is another test and we've established a response pattern with which which I think we'll remain consistent. "Nothing Provocative".
YouBet
AG
Rossticus said:

YouBet said:

I don't believe so because I don't think the US has the resolve to take any punitive action against China for assisting Russia.
If China gets involved this is going to become even more so a full-blown proxy war between the West and the East. Yuck.
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

YouBet said:

I don't believe so because I don't think the US has the resolve to take any punitive action against China for assisting Russia.
We may not be leading on this either. We weren't on the Russia sanctions.
Rossticus
YouBet said:

Rossticus said:

YouBet said:

If China gets involved this is going to become even more so a full-blown proxy war between the West and the East. Yuck.

The US has been resistant to increased military aid with just Russian involvement. I don't see us escalating, even by proxy, if China is involved. We've shown to be far too risk averse.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Cool video with the Ukrainians with subtitles. I love the one soldier's take on the Russians - "We are lucky they are so f'ing stupid."
neAGle96
AG
The US and NATO should mirror whatever assistance China gives Russia to the Ukes
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

YouBet said:

We're certainly not leading but central and Western European countries have their heels dug in too. I see no universal will or resolve within within NATO for this.
Rossticus
neAGle96 said:

The US and NATO should mirror whatever assistance China gives Russia to the Ukes

Would be nice.
sanangelo
AG
No Spin Ag said:

SPSAg05 said:

Leadership.

The man is pure inspiration.

Russian news claims this video was prerecorded in Feb. A woman in the video was killed in feb or early March.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

YouBet said:

We're certainly not leading but central and Western European countries have their heels dug in too. I see no universal will or resolve within within NATO for this.
I am not so sure about that. Depends on which form the Chinese aid takes? Troops? Trainers for Chinese weapons because I'm not really up on the differences in weaponry between Russian and Chinese military?
sanangelo
AG
Concerning the killed NYT journalist per pro-Russian Intel Slava on Telegram:

" Regarding the death of an American journalist. The character in the video says that he was killed during shelling in the area of Romanovka, which is located behind Irpen, which is controlled by Ukraine.

The journalist was shot in the head, which entered him right in the eye.

Given the area of death, I would have more faith in the version that the Volkssturm accidentally failed him, given several identical incidents when only by a lucky chance there were no journalists killed.

Two more journalists, including one American, were injured.

Rybar"

Link: https://t.me/intelslava/22227

San Angelo LIVE!
LMCane
Build It said:

The only way this ends faster is for more Russians to die much more quickly.

We aren't giving them aircraft, what defensive weapons do they not have that will increase the body count?
155mm self propelled cannon
UAS
Tomahawk missiles
MRAPs
Rossticus
Ag In Ok
AG
I believe China is testing us. Nothing but a test of will. We need to focus on China while NATO continues to frustrate Russia. What the right response is i have no idea, but no response is a bad move. This seems like a Chinese effort to see where our focus really is.
LMCane
Teddy Perkins said:

Cool video with the Ukrainians with subtitles. I love the one soldier's take on the Russians - "We are lucky they are so f'ing stupid."
at some point, does it become more valuable to save your cities from being annihilated and surrender/agree to terms with Putin?

that way you keep alive thousands of very well trained insurgent fighters like these guys. and your capitol is still relatively intact.

then you hide all this equipment in barns and begin the insurgency against the occupation while russia is beaten down over the next year by sanctions and isolation.
sanangelo
AG
sanangelo said:

No Spin Ag said:

SPSAg05 said:

Leadership.

The man is pure inspiration.

Russian news claims this video was prerecorded in Feb. A woman in the video was killed in feb or early March.

Here is the exact reaction from Intel Slava on Telegram:

" Zelensky published a video in which he allegedly visited a hospital with wounded soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine today.

But on the footage, a physician, Inna Derusova, was seen, who died on February 26. The death of the woman was confirmed by her relatives. Then Zelensky himself awarded her the title of Hero of Ukraine posthumously.

It turns out that the published video of the meeting of the President of Ukraine with wounded soldiers on March 13 is a fake. The video was recorded back in February, before the death of Inna Derusova.

Earlier, many media outlets wrote that Zelensky left Ukraine a long time ago, and all videos with him and recordings allegedly from Kyiv were made in advance."

Link: https://t.me/intelslava/22261
San Angelo LIVE!
Rossticus
Ag In Ok said:

I believe China is testing us. Nothing but a test of will. We need to focus on China while NATO continues to frustrate Russia. What the right response is i have no idea, but no response is a bad move. This seems like a Chinese effort to see where our focus really is.

We need to begin by expressing to China that if they choose a side and begin supplying military aid, we'll begin enacting the same level of sanctions on them as we have on Russia. And then see how that impacts their calculus. Take it from there. Hopefully China rejects their request.
LMCane
bonfarr said:

angus55 said:

Eliminatus said:

As awful as it sounds, I still doubt it. Embedded journalists have always been a weird gray area in these kinds of things.

Definitely a step in that direction though.

Also, **** Putin.

Have we been ramping up any forces to Europe if they strike? I have heard of smaller movements, but if they strike are we going to throw in a smaller force? If we are forced go it needs to be with overwhelming force. Kick them out of Ukraine and then ensure Putin understands Ukraine is defended going forward.

I would imagine any initial NATO strike would be missiles and aircraft strikes. I don't see NATO sending in the small number of ground troops that are staged nearby before they were reinforced with much bigger numbers from elsewhere in Europe.

This is literally the scenario from "The Day After" and "Threads" about a nuclear war between the Soviet Union and NATO.

small scale skirmishes start to break out in Eastern Europe, and each day sees another escalation in fighting.

until finally hundreds of millions are dead in a nuclear exchange.

be very careful blithely discussing "oh just have NATO launch air strikes on Russia'

there was a reason that for FORTY YEARS the West never launched attacks against the Russians between 1945-85.

now everyone wants to be a keyboard hero. Putin has literally stated if the Russian Empire doesn't exist, there is no reason for the world to exist.

aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Ag In Ok said:

We need to begin by expressing to China that if they choose a side and begin supplying military aid, we'll begin enacting the same level of sanctions on them as we have on Russia. And then see how that impacts their calculus. Take it from there. Hopefully China rejects their request.
Same level of sanctions as Russia received, remove MFN status.
LostInLA07
AG
China won't take anything Biden or his administration says seriously.
TRM
AG
Fake news she died Feb.24th.

ETA: The woman in the footage is not Derusova.
ttu_85
Agthatbuilds said:

Wow 15 days into a war and the 'mighty' Russian bears has to beg for material. Maybe the Russian logistical morons can talk the Chicoms into new warranty tires for their trucks.
Rossticus
LostInLA07 said:

China won't take anything Biden or his administration says seriously.

I tend to agree. That's why I went with a threat of economic sanctions, though, since it's MOST believable.
ttu_85
Build It said:

The only way this ends faster is for more Russians to die much more quickly.

We aren't giving them aircraft, what defensive weapons do they not have that will increase the body count?
No it ends faster by cutting and bottling Russian transport. No food, fuel or bullets means no fighting. Soldier deaths are not of huge importance to Russian military planning and execution.
First Page Last Page
Page 316 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.