***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,630,275 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by 74OA
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
amercer said:

No Spin Ag said:

Rossticus said:

Russia trying to dive a wedge between US and NATO. They feel they've identified us as a weak link. With good reason.

We better respond in kind if they harm one American one of or our allies.

It's long past time Putin F'ks around and finds out.

The strategic calculus for the US hasn't changed in the last 2 weeks, although the situation on the ground has greatly improved from our point of view.

Our goal is to help as much as possible without directly engaging the Russians. Even a small nuclear exchange could kill millions.

The Ukrainians are bleeding the Russians dry. In another month the Russians will be a spent force, and every day that we don't engage them makes it easier to wipe them off the map when/if we do. The world is trading Ukrainian lives for the hobbling of a dangerous madman. It is horrible to watch, but I don't think there is another path right now.
What is the difference in Putin's strategic/tactical options in one month if and when Ukraine destroys them or the russians being destroyed in a few days, with alot more direct help?

I don't know the answer to that, but I do know there will be a lot more Ukrainian civilians still alive along with a lot less development destroyed.

UKR attacks on russian civilian targets is likely .000001% meanwhile theyre attacks on russian military targets at 99.99%.

Russia on the other hand has likely targeted 95% of UKR civilians or civilian structure while only 5% of UKR military.

The TIME IS NOW and has been for weeks.
PJYoung
AG
Ernest Tucker
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

richardag said:

Rosstafari said:

Very heartbreaking. May all those responsible die horrible deaths.

It's hard to believe that in 2022, one man can invade a country, kill civilians at will and conquer another people like in ancient times. And even harder to believe that everyone else in the world is just standing around watching him do it.

I'd love to say it's hard to believe, but it's really not. How many videos are out there of someone getting brutally beat up or robbed and there are a ton of people around just standing there and taking videos of it? Modern times.

This is the same thing, but on a global scale.
No Spin Ag
amercer said:

I think he's pretty close to being broken. I don't think it's a coincidence that he moved against the FBS yesterday, the same dad there was a Washington Post opinion piece saying that it would be the intelligence services not the people or oligarchs that would take him out.
If they do take him out, and I pray they do, I hope the entire world gets to see his body after they're done with it.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
TheEternalPessimist
PJYoung said:

I think this is overly optimistic. I appreciate the defiance expressed towards a foreign invader.

Despite superior tactics and amazing bravery and resolve of the Ukrainians, I think Kiev eventually falls provided that the Russians are willing to pay the heavy price in terms of Russian soldiers' blood. Unfortunately, so will a large number of the Ukrainian soldiers and citizens in the city.

I hope I am wrong. I hope I am VERY wrong on this one.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Ag In Ok
AG
Rossticus said:

Keep in mind that these are Russian state sanctioned talking points and these guys are the Kremlin's public mouthpieces to the people.

This is a fringe group from what i understand. Especially the old dude - before Putin meets his eternity, this guy going first May actually help things.
Rossticus
Open for full thread:

amercer
AG
Name checks out, etc.

I'm sure the Germans (and the world) felt the same way about Stalingrad. No way to predict the future. The Ukrainians could surrender tomorrow. But right now I don't see the Russians being able to take the city anytime soon.
Keegan99
AG
Yep. At its most brutal level, it's about the number of Ukrainians willing to die coupled with kill ratios.

I don't think those figures favor the Russians.
TheEternalPessimist
amercer said:

Name checks out, etc.

I'm sure the Germans (and the world) felt the same way about Stalingrad. No way to predict the future. The Ukrainians could surrender tomorrow. But right now I don't see the Russians being able to take the city anytime soon.
I said "I HOPE I AM WRONG".

I am not a propagandist. There are several retired former high ranking generals from our military that agree with what I said.

I am predicting the worst human caused catastrophe in a global major city since Sarajevo.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
wangus12
AG
DubFalls said:

Probably another victim of a Uke farmer with hay forks on the front of his Deere
amercer
AG
I'm not saying you are wrong, but pretty much everyone thought Kyiv would fall in 48hrs. It's about will now. Putin may have the will to level it, but I'm not sure his army does. As long as Zelensky is alive I think the Ukrainians have the will to hold it.
Rossticus
DCPD158
AG
Rossticus said:

Destroyed and captured?

They have captured a crapload of equipment.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
agent-maroon
AG
wangus12 said:

DubFalls said:

Probably another victim of a Uke farmer with hay forks on the front of his Deere

Wondering if there's still some Russian tankers trapped in there
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SwigAg11
AG
DCPD158 said:

Rossticus said:

Destroyed and captured?

Either way, that's going to leave a mark.
DCPD158
AG
SwigAg11 said:

DCPD158 said:

Rossticus said:

Destroyed and captured?

About 7-10% of their annual military budget us the latest 70billion/ year estimate. That doesn't include the inherent corruption involved.

Really going to leave a mark
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
UTExan
SwigAg11 said:

DCPD158 said:

Rossticus said:

Destroyed and captured?

The understatement of the war is how effective Western precision guided (or even dumb) anti-tank weaponry has been against Russian tanks and AFVs. Think of it: light infantry using terrain and building features as cover and concealment have ravaged Russian armor, helicopters and fighter aircraft and Uke drones (slower than a Cessna) have successfully attacked vehicle columns without being shot down by Russian air defenses.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
MaroonStain
AG
Is $5.1B in Forbes dollars the same as Russian dollars?
MSCAg
AG
I feel like this war has probably done more than anything to protect NATO countries.
Robk
amercer
AG
That would be a big deal.

Not sure it's wise for the Ukrainians to give up any defensive position though.
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Read the legend bottom right for dates.

Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG

betadawg1
AG
Rossticus said:

The Russian at 11 o'clock appeared to see/hear the incoming with enough time to run 1 step.
Charpie
AG
As a parent that makes me ill. Imagine sending your kid to proudly serve your company only have him treated this way. Awful.

I've been traveling for work. Just wanted to say thanks y'all for the updates. I'm sharing what I learn here with coworkers as we work this show. You guys are the best.

Viva Ukraine
aggiehawg
AG
Charpie said:

As a parent that makes me ill. Imagine sending your kid to proudly serve your company only have him treated this way. Awful.

I've been traveling for work. Just wanted to say thanks y'all for the updates. I'm sharing what I learn here with coworkers as we work this show. You guys are the best.

Viva Ukraine
Since this is happening inside Belarus, can certainly understand why the Belarusian troops are reluctant to march into Ukraine.

Since you are working, in other news we beat Arkansas in BB. SEC final tourney game tomorrow. Opponent TBD.
Rossticus
ATX_AG_08
AG
ATX_AG_08
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus
Joes
Hungry Ojos said:

richardag said:

Rosstafari said:

Very heartbreaking. May all those responsible die horrible deaths.

It's hard to believe that in 2022, one man can invade a country, kill civilians at will and conquer another people like in ancient times. And even harder to believe that everyone else in the world is just standing around watching him do it.
The year is irrelevant. Human nature doesn't change, and it won't. This is like saying "It's 2022, I can't believe people still murder and rape and steal."

First Page Last Page
Page 312 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.