***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,632,165 Views | 47864 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by LMCane
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Summary: Russians teetering and at risk of backsliding in areas except for the south.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Russia isn't even giving these guys a chance. Holy eff. It's like they knocked over a museum.

Rossticus
McInnis 03
AG
Eliminatus
AG
FriscoKid said:

Russia/Putin is going to lose this "war". You can't lose this many vehicles, planes, troops, etc and still think you can beat the world. The Ukrainians are dug in around the capitol and it's fixing to be a bloodbath if they enter.

I tend to agree. Mixed with sanctions that a lot here mocked, including myself. Russia is hurting everywhere, that is beyond clear and it's getting worse every single day. They have been exposed at just about every level that matters.

Said it a while back, but I think a siege would break Russia before it breaks the Ukes may this point. I also would not discount the Ukes having more stockpiled than they let on. Ukraine has been preparing for Russia for years now. Not the Donbass, but Russia. Zelenskyy himself said it in an interview before the war even began.

I think people forget that while it takes huge amounts of supplies to endure a siege, it takes huge amounts to mount one as well. Russia has not been the poster child of wartime logistics to date.....
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus said:

We could absolutely do a humanitarian air drop and dare Russia to shoot us down.

The crisis started on June 24, 1948, when Soviet forces blockaded rail, road, and water access to Allied-controlled areas of Berlin. The United States and United Kingdom responded by airlifting food and fuel to Berlin from Allied airbases in western Germany.
wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

I don't see how Russia can pull this off as the sanctions sink in. This isn't something that will be over in a month or two. Sure they have Mariupol cut off, but Odessa is gonna be a massive supply/manpower sink. The Ukes have had time to really dig in there. Outside intelligence is gonna make an amphibious assault a slaughter and they'll have to stretch lines from Crimea to encircle Odessa.

Like someone said earlier, the Ukes are fighting for their existence and aren't simply just gonna surrender. They've shown their resolve. I do think Russia still has them massively outnumbered and if they are that determined, they'll take Ukraine, but I don't think that happens before the economic collapse causes something to happen domestically in Moscow.
wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

As if this couldn't get any weirder…

These guys realize they're volunteering to go from a country that's lowest average temperature is 57 degrees to a country that is currently has highs sitting around freezing right?
Who?mikejones!
wangus12 said:

Rossticus said:

I don't see how Russia can pull this off as the sanctions sink in. This isn't something that will be over in a month or two. Sure they have Mariupol cut off, but Odessa is gonna be a massive supply/manpower sink. The Ukes have had time to really dig in there. Outside intelligence is gonna make an amphibious assault a slaughter and they'll have to stretch lines from Crimea to encircle Odessa.

Like someone said earlier, the Ukes are fighting for their existence and aren't simply just gonna surrender. They've shown their resolve. I do think Russia still has them massively outnumbered and if they are that determined, they'll take Ukraine, but I don't think that happens before the economic collapse causes something to happen domestically in Moscow.

Imo, the sanctions only back Russia into a corner. I also think that corporations pulling out of Russia will have the opposite effect of what they think. It will galvanize the russian population against the west/world.

Has any nation publicly set forth what'd they do if Russia were to stop the war? Would the sanctions be lifted?

Or is it stop the war and putin must go? Or stop the war and putin must face war crime charges?

Essentially, if you take everything away, there's nothing to lose.

Another important thing that inhavent seen much discussed- what happens when putin wins this war? How does nato/eu/us/world react?

AgsMyDude
AG
Looks like thermobarics, no?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
74OA
AG
Fighting spreads to western Ukraine. UPDATE
MeatDr
AG
FireAg
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Call me naive, but I actually think this is spot on…
74OA
AG
clw04 said:

Stlkofta said:

Beat40 said:

Stlkofta said:

Rossticus said:

As if this couldn't get any weirder…

Seeing the League of Russian Scum getting together just makes me wonder why the hell we aren't getting our act together and getting the Ukrainians outfitted with the Polish MiGs.

The Russians are the ones who invaded and the ones who have escalated.

The mixed messaging from this White House recalls their confusion in Afghanistan. It does not serve our interests well either in Ukraine or with our NATO allies in eastern Europe.

I feel like I've read both Poland and the US say it would take multi months to have the planes even ready to give the Ukes as they would have to remove NATO equipment to even have the planes at an operable enough level for the Ukes to be effective. Also there was the issue of fueling them.

I get the idea it's much more complicated than just sending the planes in.

Somehow this has become the sticking point for the US and NATO to show they're doing enough. I think reality is these planes wouldn't even be ready in time to be super effective and don't increase the chance of Ukraine winning much at all. I think Zelensky is asking for them knowing if we send them, it greatly increases the chances the US and NATO enter the war, which I don't blame him for doing. From reading, it doesn't sound like it makes much strategic sense as far as effectiveness.

I'd argue the intelligence we've shared with Ukraine is far more valuable than the MiGs.

I honestly think our political class knows and agrees with the above and is just using this MiG issue to score political capital.
Given the performance and ability demonstrated by the Russian Air Force, I would think the opportunity to give Ukrainian pilots the chance to fly planes they have more familiarity with is too good to pass up.

If you can increase Ukrainian strength in the air, then you diminish still further the Russian capability to control what goes on in the air.

A consistent approach on this issue was required the minute someone first conceived the idea.

I don't think the Poles are the problem here, nor are the barriers you mentioned an issue for the Ukrainians.

But we've seen our political leaders at work in this situation before and we have seen them fail in just this way with regard to supplying the Afghan Air Force and ANASOF.

They wanted to invade and in doing so have thrown in forces and arms from partner nations. Make them pay for it by giving the Ukes what they need to fight.

If they fight alone, then so be it.

But give them a fighting chance to gain more control of what goes on in the air.

I read what I think is a pretty valid point. The US has said that the Ukrainians still have a significant number of their planes. The planes aren't flying a lot because Russia has S-400s all around the borders that can cover a 250 mile radius. The statement was that the MIGs weren't going to help Ukraine because flying them where they want to fly them would be suicide with the S-400s.
Way too much handwringing about the MIGs. What Ukraine needs is air defense and fighters aren't the only way to achieve that.

SAM
No Spin Ag
FireAg said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Call me naive, but I actually think this is spot on…

For an infinite amount if reasons, I hope this is true.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
benchmark
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Imo, the sanctions only back Russia into a corner. I also think that corporations pulling out of Russia will have the opposite effect of what they think. It will galvanize the russian population against the west/world.
Initially maybe. However, over time .... body bags, censorship, arrests, layoffs, unemployment, rationing, and acute shortages will put extreme domestic pressure on the Russian gov.
htownag10
AG
Once we see evidence of Syrian fighters in Ukraine. I say we level Syria
Who?mikejones!
I agree with that.

Over time, the sanctions will really bite.

That doesn't necessarily help the Ukrainians now.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
If the Kremlin is seeking out foreign fighters from Syria, Africa, etc....you know they are getting desperate. Coupled with the announcement that 16,000 Russian volunteers are going to the Ukraine, that tells me they are getting to the end of their rope if that's all they could scrounge up.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Fitch
AG
Listened to an interesting interview yesterday with a Russian reporter who fled the country last Thursday. One of the takeaways was the rumor of martial law that was circulating last week might well have been an intentional "leak" by the Kremlin to accelerate the removal of dissidents and protestors. Some 200,000 people fled the country in the ensuing days for fear of the border closing.

As the person said, the Kremlin simply doesn't have the ability to jail 200,000 people and begin to try and keep that quiet. But with those people gone the job becomes much more manageable.
VaultingChemist
AG
SidsBurnerAccount
"Another important thing that inhavent seen much discussed- what happens when putin wins this war? How does nato/eu/us/world react?"

"When"
Agsuffering@bulaw
NATO/ the west is already the big winner long term whatever happens in Ukraine. Cold, but true.

In no particular order:
-Russia losing tons of gear they cannot replace anytime soon
-Russia has lost a bunch of flag and field officers
-Russia will suffer 10-20k deaths and a lot more casualties
-NATO got a chance to study the performance of all Russian gear
-NATO got to study their tactics
-RU ability to project power is greatly diminished going forward
-CCP probably greatly reassessing their strength

ETA: this will create instability in RU, even if they "win."
Teddy Perkins
AG

High tier target eliminated. Keep these coming!
Robk

VaultingChemist
AG
Spoofing a flight labeled FCKPUTIN.
wangus12
AG
VaultingChemist said:

Our defense guys need to stop publicizing all the little assets that the Ukes have.
wangus12
AG
That's the real Ghost of Kiev
Robk
another post about Russia's attack on Belarus

The Debt
wangus12 said:

VaultingChemist said:

Our defense guys need to stop publicizing all the little assets that the Ukes have.

Maybe it's a lie for media consumers.
DallasAg 94
agent-maroon
AG
Robk said:

Wouldn't the Belarus military know this to be true already?

Wouldn't think that a false flag bombing of Belarus would do anything positive to motivate a military already dealing with outright mutinies against fighting Russia's war with Ukraine. Would assume the exact opposite actually.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Robk
agent-maroon said:

Robk said:

Wouldn't the Belarus military know this to be true already?

Wouldn't think that a false flag bombing of Belarus would do anything positive to motivate a military already dealing with outright mutinies against fighting Russia's war with Ukraine. Would assume the exact opposite actually.
a desperate hail mary? turn people against ukraine? Hopefully like everything else Putin has done it will backfire and send those troops to oust lushenko before turning to help ukraine.
First Page Last Page
Page 305 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.