***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,632,694 Views | 47864 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by LMCane
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
74OA said:

lb3 said:

JB!98 said:

PJYoung said:

If true, who would have thought that the Ukes would be able to go on the offensive at this point? Hope its true and they have let the Russians over extend themselves.
I'll believe it when I see it. I still expect Russia to "win" but if the Ukranians can still maneuver large formations, that's a great sign.
Ukraine is a country of 41M. 11M of which are males aged 15 to 54. Even if half of those men are unavailable for whatever reason, that's still millions of motivated fighters available to feed into the fight.

Fresh bodies isn't the limiting factor for Ukraine, equipment and training are, but every day that passes provides more western aid and more on-the-job experience for those fighters. Russia needs to get this done soon, imo.
Along those lines (siap):
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/03/10/world/ukraine-russia-war

Quote:

. . . While refugees continue to stream westward from Ukraine, men between the ages of 18 and 60 are forbidden to leave, and many, like Kyrylo Lysov, are joining the fight against Russia. . . .
Yukon Cornelius
AG
TRM said:

This will be how we enter the war i suspect.
rgag12
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Seems like the Ukrainians can hold the north but the southern cities don't seem to be holding up as well. The situation will become a lot more difficult if Russian forces in the south are able to begin pushing north towards Kyiv.

I think the more concerning situation arising from the south is that A) eventually they'll reach Odesa and cut off supply from the Black Sea altogether and B) If they reach Dnipro they'll be very close to cutting off Ukrainian forces in east Ukraine. Pretty much controlling all of Ukraine from the Dnieper east
ATX_AG_08
AG
Wtf is going on here?

74OA
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

TRM said:

This will be how we enter the war i suspect.
i.e., Hit after transfer to Ukrainian transport at the border and while subsequently enroute inside Ukraine. Russia isn't attacking into NATO territory to stop the resupply.
Ag In Ok
AG
Russian hit squad would leave immediately. Uke police would stay. Right?
Rossticus
Ag In Ok said:

Russian hit squad would leave immediately. Uke police would stay. Right?

Unless hit squad disguised as police have multiple targets.
ATX_AG_08
AG
I think he was playing both sides so the ukes killed him if I follow correctly. .
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Debt said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Is Russian Military worth anything? Are they well trained? Are they well equipped? Are their weapons modern? Are the generals and officers any good at fighting a war? Besides the threat of "Nuke" and the previous glory of USSR days, it seems like a poor ass country barely hanging on.

Why do I think the NATO and the US Military can wipe them off the earth, sans the Nuke.

Maybe you have been sucked into a propaganda campaign...

The Pentagon believes the vast majority of the Russian force is fine. But if you want to believe chuck Norris snuck into a helipad site and disabled 20 Russian helicopters with thermite like the media told you, that's on you.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/95-putins-forces-intact-plan-surround-kyiv-pentagon/story?id=83317142

No one has ever said Ukraine is Chuck Norris or that the Russians were going to be completely defeated next week, but 5% losses in only 2 weeks is huge. That kind of attrition rate is unsustainable, and it translates to big numbers when you start with big numbers. Russia has lost more men in 2 weeks than we did in the last 2 decades in Iraq and Afghanistan.

For reference, during Operation Overlord, the Allied KIA rate was only about 3% over a 3 month period.
Rossticus

If anyone is interested in knowing about the funding entity providing this gear to the Uke MOD, feel free to PM me.
ATX_AG_08
AG
What the hell. Seems like we can't make up our minds abt anything. What a clown show.

JB!98
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

What the hell. Seems like we can't make up our minds abt anything. What a clown show.

Someone smarter than me please rebut this. I don't think the Patriot is the correct system for what is going on there. It is fixed if I remember correctly and would be a target rather than an asset. I think the Ukes need mobile assets.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
4the_Record
Quote:

Someone smarter than me please rebut this. I don't think the Patriot is the correct system for what is going on there. It is fixed if I remember correctly and would be a target rather than an asset. I think the Ukes need mobile assets.

I thought it also required significant training and support to operate.

When these were brought into the conversation a few days ago, I seem to remember them being considered for Poland, not Ukraine, as a further safeguard against a Russian push west.

Rossticus
Not liking the direction the pros think this is headed…

Rossticus
Rossticus
Ag In Ok
AG
So on a one way road due to mud, they exit and then the replacements make the push?
Maybe forces = one brigade.
Rossticus
At this point they're flat out winging it so I've got no feeling of certainty.
Rossticus
ATX_AG_08
AG
aggiehawg
AG
TRM
AG
They don't have experience with it. US supposedly looking for old Russian S-300s.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Rossticus
clw04
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

Can you provide a summary
sangria
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

I think he was playing both sides so the ukes killed him if I follow correctly. .
I haven't posted on this thread but I've been keeping up with all of the updates. Near the end of Zelensky's speech yesterday, he makes it known that he is aware of Ukrainians who are intentionally sabotaging Ukraine's efforts and they will be dealt with.

The video I watched was posted on reddit (link below), his comments about Ukrainian traitors start around 7:15.

Reddit: Zelensky Speech from March 9
deddog
AG
JB!98 said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Yeah, that would be more of an act of war than actually giving them Migs
The Patriots would have to be manned by NATO because there is no way you could train the Ukrainians to use them in such a short time.
GAC06
AG
JB!98 said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Patriots would be awesome for Ukraine. However as mentioned already it's not like a Stinger or Javelin or AT-4 you can just hand over and they're ready to use. It's complex and would require training. Also it's not something we would want to fall into Russian hands. Also the Russians are already flying low apparently due to an inability to use precision weapons and the advanced MANPADs they're supplied with work well for that.
UTExan
Crazy Russia also had this:

" On Thursday, the Russian Ministry of Defense claimed that it had uncovered U.S. and Ukrainian plans to spread flu with birds.

'At least two species of migratory birds were identified, the routes of which pass mainly through Russia, and information on migration routes through the countries of Eastern Europe was also summarized,' it said in a release."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10599751/Psaki-suggests-Putin-using-chemical-weapons-not-red-line-US.html
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

For one, that should be a red line. Forever.

For two, if it's not, DON'T ****ING TELEGRAPH IT TO YOUR ENEMY! I swear to God these people must lay their cards down face up when they play poker. Might as well just say, "Do whatever the **** you want, Vlad. Joe is just gonna sit here in the sandbox playing in his own s**t."

What ****ing morons.

Particularly when you're dealing with Putin. Russian doctrine and Putin's tendencies don't reward an outwardly non-aggressive stance. They don't want to deescalate. They want to win.

It makes you wonder if we're trying to put a bullet in Ukraine's head and appease Russia without making it look that way.
Rossticus
No Spin Ag
Rossticus said:

Looks like Putin is taking his peacemaking genius to a whole new level.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

It makes you wonder if we're trying to put a bullet in Ukraine's head and appease Russia without making it look that way.
It really does.
Rossticus
ATX_AG_08
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.