***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,110,201 Views | 46381 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by 74OA
Htownag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

IDaggie06 said:

LostInLA07 said:

Ukrainians don't seem like they want to leave any cities if they aren't Ukrainian.
Yea I think this is a bad idea anyways. It would give Russia more power, it would shed Russia in a more positive spotlight PR wise that they went into a city and didn't hurt anyone, etc. Let them keep looking evil, have the world keep crashing their economy, let this keep dragging out until hopefully Russia citizens rise up or somebody takes out Putin.

The complicated part of this is that it traded bad Russian PR for innocent lives. Not something to be taken lightly.
I think Ukraine needs to turn their major cities into Russian graveyards if they are going to have any chance of success.
IDaggie06
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

IDaggie06 said:

LostInLA07 said:

Ukrainians don't seem like they want to leave any cities if they aren't Ukrainian.
Yea I think this is a bad idea anyways. It would give Russia more power, it would shed Russia in a more positive spotlight PR wise that they went into a city and didn't hurt anyone, etc. Let them keep looking evil, have the world keep crashing their economy, let this keep dragging out until hopefully Russia citizens rise up or somebody takes out Putin.

The complicated part of this is that it traded bad Russian PR for innocent lives. Not something to be taken lightly.

True, but if you are going to give up one large city, you might as well just give up the rest.
No Spin Ag
Agthatbuilds said:

This is how you bring putin down.

That's what decency is. Something Putin and others know nothing about.

I needed to see this, thanks for sharing.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Rapier108
Agthatbuilds said:

Absolutely.

Kill as many Russian soldiers as you can, but any you capture or that surrender, treat them with kindness.

Not only does it neuter any Russian propaganda that the Ukrainians are committing war crimes/crimes against humanity, but it shows the people back home in Russia what is really happening to their fathers, sons, brothers, uncles, and friends.
DTP02
AG
rgag12 said:

Ragoo said:

RebelE Infantry said:

W said:

as the destruction continues...it may be time for the "open city" designation for some places in the eastern half.

otherwise there won't be much left

Absolutely correct. There's an Australian guy named Gray Connelly who's very good on geopolitics stuff who's been saying this for days now.
what does this mean?

It means you've demilitarized the city and will not be defended. You do this in order to spare a city from bombardment and loss of life

Can also act as sanctuary cities for civilians escaping from contested cities. When evacuation out of the war zone is practically impossible, evac to an open city can help limit civilian casualties in the contested cities. It's a win-win in the short term.
RebelE Infantry
AG
IDaggie06 said:

RebelE Infantry said:

IDaggie06 said:

LostInLA07 said:

True, but if you are going to give up one large city, you might as well just give up the rest.

Not necessarily. Let's take Mariupol as an example. It is completely surrounded and trapped against the sea with no hope for reinforcements. It would be best to surrender the city instead of having it razed to the ground with the same end result. You can do this while still fighting to keep control of strategic cities farther up the Dnieper.
BQ78
AG
It's also great psyops on the Russian home front.
ATX_AG_08
AG
HTownAg98
ATX_AG_08 said:

Please let this be true.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Being reported Russia took YouTube offline. They are loosing the propaganda front.

TH36
ATX_AG_08 said:

All I can see is Eric Bana looking at Josh Hartnett and saying "Shall we" in black hawk down.

Light that mofo up and let the burning bodies shed some light on the Ukrainian night sky!!!!
Ag87H2O
AG
TRM said:

Unbelievable the arament being abandoned by the Russians. Assuming all they need is fuel and drivers, they are re-arming the Ukranians all by themselves.

No army with trained officers, good morale, and the will to win would walk away from equipment like that. At a minimum they would destroy it so it couldn't be used against them down the road.
Rapier108
ATX_AG_08 said:

Being reported Russia took YouTube offline. They are loosing the propaganda front.

IIRC, Google also said they were going to block Russian access to it.
Beat40
Ag87H2O said:

TRM said:

Unbelievable the arament being abandoned by the Russians. Assuming all they need is fuel and drivers, they are re-arming the Ukranians all by themselves.

No army with trained officers, good morale, and the will to win would walk away from equipment like that. At a minimum they would destroy it so it couldn't be used against them down the road.
What's that saying about if it sounds too good to be true?

I'm super skeptical of all these Russian equipment being abandoned.
ATX_AG_08
AG
RebelE Infantry
AG
Here is a good quick write up on the overall strategic military situation. Yes it runs counter to the broad narrative, no it is not Russian propaganda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10569141/Putin-NOT-crazy-Russian-invasion-NOT-failing-writes-military-analyst-BILL-ROGGIO.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490
JFABNRGR
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Agthatbuilds said:

That's what decency is. Something Putin and others know nothing about.

I needed to see this, thanks for sharing.
The way he was drinking that hot tea and being all bundled up leads me to believe he has not eaten in days leading him to being cold even with what appears to be warm clothes.

Reminds me of Patton giving water to the POWs.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
bmks270
AG
Ag87H2O said:

TRM said:

Russian army morale could be so low, it could be intentional aid.
RangerRick9211
AG
Forte 10 with a long look at Kaliningrad.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae541f
jabberwalkie09
AG
ATX_AG_08
AG
agent-maroon
AG
Thank you!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ATX_AG_08
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
52000+ almost the entire time.
Yesterday there was different one running the poland/uke border who squawked off.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
ATX_AG_08
AG
Beat40 said:

Ag87H2O said:

TRM said:

What's that saying about if it sounds too good to be true?

I'm super skeptical of all these Russian equipment being abandoned.

Idk…lots of "evidence" out there corroborating it.

Ag87H2O
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Russia will never beat these people. It's a fools errand.

Talk about fully committed and laying everything on the line. Reminds me of some men who once pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

Seeing that blockade is inspiring.
i is smart
AG
People on Twitter keep citing the Geneva Convention in regards to using POW videos. Any insight on this as Twitter people are wrong like 80% of the time?
Ag87H2O
AG
bmks270 said:

Ag87H2O said:

TRM said:

Russian army morale could be so low, it could be intentional aid.
Almost makes you wonder if Putin and his brass is fully in control of their army. That's a lot of hardware that has been either destoyed or abandoned in working condition.
JJxvi
AG
Bigfoot Is Real said:

People on Twitter keep citing the Geneva Convention in regards to using POW videos. Any insight on this as Twitter people are wrong like 80% of the time?
War crimes only matter if your side loses and you get captured by the winners.
JobSecurity
AG
HTownAg98
Bigfoot Is Real said:

It's my understanding that it's a violation for a government to do it, not individuals.
OnlyForNow
AG
Is there nothing flying over Ukraine or nothing squawking?

Also, a c17 just took off from Rzeszow....
Bird Poo
AG

[There is a clear warning about trolling and that comment was not necessary. -Staff]
JobSecurity
AG

Agthatbuilds
RebelE Infantry said:

Here is a good quick write up on the overall strategic military situation. Yes it runs counter to the broad narrative, no it is not Russian propaganda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10569141/Putin-NOT-crazy-Russian-invasion-NOT-failing-writes-military-analyst-BILL-ROGGIO.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

Read the article. Bunch of opinions giving too much credit to putin and Russia. Truth is in the middle somewhere.

The key to the decision of this invasion, which the article hinted at, was putin correctly calculated that the west would not go to war with Russia. He planned for everything else, except maybe the strength of resistance being put up by the ukes.
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 1326

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.