***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,545,349 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by 74OA
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They need to start confiscating the GRADS and return some favors.
aezmvp
Going to be a rough day.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Russia will bludgeon ahead. Keep killing supply convoys and taking out small groups where possible and you have a chance. Break their will and cut off food and fuel. Only chance they have.
12th Man Stan Account
AG
Daily update from UK MOD:

On the southern front, Russia claims it has taken Kherson (appears to be accurate):

In the southeast, Mariupol still stands under heavy artillery fire:
12th Man Stan Account
AG
In the north, Russians issue an ultimatum to the city of Konotop: Surrender or be destroyed.
Russian soldier carries live hand grenades to ensure their delegation's safe passage:

Mayor of Konotop discusses the ultimatum w/ his people:

The Russian invaders don't seem very welcome in Konotop:
jabberwalkie09
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
bmks270
AG
Surrender or the town is destroyed is a tough one. You have to think, any additional resistance uses Russian resources and focus and may be giving your brothers in another town more time and better odds since reinforcements won't be able to be sent from your town. Possibly that makes no difference, but considering Russias poor performance it seems all resistance causes them more pain than they bargained for.

And I guess you consider retreating and abandoning the town if possible to live to sift another day. Or surrendering then finding a way to sabotage, ambush, or otherwise double cross the aggressors.

Also if there are women, children and families that may all be senselessly killed, maybe surrender is considered.
fightingfarmer09
bmks270 said:

Surrender or the town is destroyed is a tough one. You have to think, any additional resistance uses Russian resources and focus and may be giving your brothers in another town more time and better odds since reinforcements won't be able to be sent from your town. Possibly that makes no difference, but considering Russias poor performance it seems all resistance causes them more pain than they bargained for.

And I guess you consider retreating and abandoning the town if possible to live to sift another day. Or surrendering then finding a way to sabotage, ambush, or otherwise double cross the aggressors.

Also if there are women, children and families that may all be senselessly killed, maybe surrender is considered.

You would hope you could leave nothing of value to the Russians. But you have to worry, even if you surrender what horrors await. My contact in Ukraine lived under Russian controlled Crimea. Shortly after the transition to Russian control, he fled because of the conditions there.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Ulysses90 said:

shiftyandquick said:

I don't think the West is going to do anything about any of these cities falling.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/russia-ukraine-news-kyiv-war-putin-invasion-talks-today/#post-update-8de46653

Quote:

A U.S. official tells CBS News that a tactical seizure of Ukraine is possible within the next 4-6 weeks, based on the assessments of what is currently taking place on the ground with the Russian military.
As David Martin has reported, it is expected to take one week before Kyiv is surrounded, and another 30 days could elapse before Ukraine's capital is seized. This U.S. official says it is not clear whether Russia would gradually strangle the city or engage in street-to-street fighting. These scenarios were laid out for members of Congress Monday as the initial battle to destroy the Ukrainian military and government. It is also not clear whether Russia would then decide to go west toward Lviv or as far west as the Polish border.

The situation is dynamic, so this remains an estimate on what is militarily possible. This U.S. official also could not say when the sanctions that have been rolled out so far will have a practical impact on the Russian military. The low morale and shortages of food and fuel are not a result of the sanctions now in place. At some point, however, the Russian military will be impacted by the sanctions.
Given the durability of the Ukrainian resistance and its long history of pushing Russia back, the U.S. and Western powers do not believe that this will be a short war. The U.K. foreign secretary estimated it would be a 10-year war. Lawmakers at the Capitol were told Monday it is likely to last 10, 15 or 20 years and that ultimately, Russia will lose.

I am trying to picture 10 years of war by Russia when the ruble exchange rate to the dollar is 200:1, they are cut out of SWIFT, and Visa and Mastercard don't work for Russians and there is no international travel from or to Russia. What the British foreign secretary is sasking is that the world doesn't have to willpower to keep the pressure on Russia.

It will be interesting to watch if the duration lasts any length. It's like when the kooks say don't buy any gas on one day, that will impact them. You can run all the propaganda you want, but when you only have $12 to spend and all other financials are collapsing, average Ivan on the street is going to be pretty angry if this draws out for even 6 months.

Sooner or later they have to peek from behind the curtain and word will filter out.
agent-maroon
AG

[Conversation is getting too far off topic. -Staff]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
K2-HMFIC
12th Man Stan Account said:

In the north, Russians issue an ultimatum to the city of Konotop: Surrender or be destroyed.
Russian soldier carries live hand grenades to ensure their delegation's safe passage:

Mayor of Konotop discusses the ultimatum w/ his people:

The Russian invaders don't seem very welcome in Konotop:

Strong vibes…

Quote:

I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country - Victory or Death.
htownag10
AG
Sea Speed
AG
There was a video posted previously that was a great break down of this situation and why it's important to Russia. The thumbnail was a map. Anyone have that queued up and can post it again? TIA.
12th Man Stan Account
AG
Interesting comment from a US Navy veteran:

Godspeed!
Eliminatus
AG
Sea Speed said:

There was a video posted previously that was a great break down of this situation and why it's important to Russia. The thumbnail was a map. Anyone have that queued up and can post it again? TIA.

It really is a great breakdown
12th Man Stan Account
AG
Edit: I was too slow
Robert C. Christian
AG
Sea Speed said:

Here you go. Great video.
Eliminatus
AG
htownag10 said:

It is pretty far east in the Donetsk region. Some of the first fighting was there. This is a very interesting update to me. And good!
Sea Speed
AG
Eliminatus said:

Sea Speed said:

It really is a great breakdown

This is it. Thanks so much.
Waffledynamics
AG
Eliminatus said:

htownag10 said:

It is pretty far east in the Donetsk region. Some of the first fighting was there. This is a very interesting update to me. And good!

Wow that is interesting, though I wonder why they chose there. An attempt to stall any advances from the East? Seems like many of these forces are coming from the North and from Crimea.
neAGle96
AG
GigEmRangers75455
neAGle96 said:

The Ukes seem to be getting a ton of Russian abandoned equipment. How much is usable and not too damaged I'm not sure but pretty wild how much equipment is being left.
Rossticus
This isn't going to do anything but make Ukrainians fight harder and reinforce Russia's goals in the eyes of the international community.

Waffledynamics
AG
Aggies75455 said:

neAGle96 said:

The Ukes seem to be getting a ton of Russian abandoned equipment. How much is usable and not do damaged I'm not sure but pretty wild how much equipment is being left.

Have we seen any evidence of Ukraine being able to turn these captured vehicles around against the enemy yet?
SPSAg05
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Aggies75455 said:

neAGle96 said:

The Ukes seem to be getting a ton of Russian abandoned equipment. How much is usable and not do damaged I'm not sure but pretty wild how much equipment is being left.

Have we seen any evidence of Ukraine being able to turn these captured vehicles around against the enemy yet?

Considering we're talking about a country that still sends their cosmonauts to and from space in basically what amounts to a disposable tuna can 1960s style, can we figure there's much value in an abandoned Russian truck stuck in the mud?
Rossticus
rally-cap
AG
Irish 2.0
htownag10 said:

Wouldn't it be ironic that while the Russians deployed a huge portion of their assets into Ukraine a small Ukrainian unit snuck around the side and invaded Russia
Eliminatus
AG
neAGle96 said:

Been seeing a lot more of these vehicles in different paint schemes than the original waves and their characteristic sprayed on lettering like Z or V.

These the follow on forces that are getting trickled in I'm assuming?
Rossticus
E
AG
Rossticus said:

RONA Ag
AG
*********this has shown Russia for what they truly are. A paper tiger with nukes
Rossticus
Who?mikejones!
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.