***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,547,208 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by 74OA
ATX_AG_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is from earlier today. I didn't realize they were already that committed.

Dorm 15
AG
In today's world of instant communication, the information/disinformation weapon is as powerful as any conventional armament.
LMCane
Challenger 17 said:

the issue is now not one of armaments but of:

1. how do you get those supplies in to Ukraine where their fighters are?

2. How many human fighters does Ukraine have left to even be supplied?

they better not put them into military trucks and have them drive in a large convoy towards Kyiv.

if anyone is somewhat intelligent, they should take those thousands of cars at the Polish border and put a Javelin or NLAW in the trunk of each one and send them all over the country on different back roads.

only individual cars with not even two going together.

that way they may be able to avoid Russkie CAP/CAS
JobSecurity
AG
Who?mikejones!
I've seen quite a few videos of cars and their occupants being completely shot up
mmh
AG
So, Putin wants to be a Tsar...
McKinney Ag69
AG
aggiehawg
AG
mmh said:

Putin already thinks he's a Tsar. And who knows? Maybe the Russian population buys it and lets it stand?
mmh
AG
aggiehawg said:

mmh said:

Putin already thinks he's a Tsar. And who knows? Maybe the Russian population buys it and lets it stand?

That was my point.
aggiehawg
AG
Sorry. I'm getting a little tired and my radar is glitched..
Waffledynamics
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

This is from earlier today. I didn't realize they were already that committed.

Many are probably among those staging around cities like Kyiv. There doesn't seem to be fighting indicating that massive number, unless I'm wrong. They will probably send the bulk of them in at once.
W
AG
someone high up in the Russian army must really love airborne operations
JFABNRGR
AG
OK. Well if were going to attribute the destruction of 800 vehicles on a couple of single fire drones I am all for it. The how matters not to me and I fully respect fast movers wanting to identify as slow movers.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
12th Man Stan Account
AG
@ASBMilitary is a pro-Russian source. Don't mind if you post him here, just wanted to make you & everyone else aware of that.
javajaws
AG
W said:

someone high up in the Russian army must really love airborne operations
Given their supply line problems and issues with mud that's probably just as good as their other options.
JobSecurity
AG
Interesting look into how Russian media is portraying this
Bubblez
12th Man Stan Account said:

@ASBMilitary is a pro-Russian source. Don't mind if you post him here, just wanted to make you & everyone else aware of that.
Mod should figure out a way to tag those posts as potential Russian propaganda.
GAC06
AG
JFABNRGR said:

OK. Well if were going to attribute the destruction of 800 vehicles on a couple of single fire drones I am all for it. The how matters not to me and I fully respect fast movers wanting to identify as slow movers.

The Turkish drones they're using I think carry two weapons. And the claim of 800 vehicles is obviously almost certainly greatly exaggerated. But the Ukes have a lot of artillery and a drone loitering and providing direction can really lead to a bad day for a convoy
Who?mikejones!
The info spigot has been turned way down. Power and internet are harder to come by.

The Russians are operating more like Russians do. They are bombing anything in their way. They are trying to surround major cities to force capitulation. They are paying with vast amounts of blood.

The ukes stymied the Russians initial plan and take the initiative out from Russia. They'd better train up their 100000 new recruits to fill the void.

I'm convinced after this showing by Russia that nato would wipe out this force in 2 weeks or less. The Russians have performed that poorly.
Rossticus
Ag In Ok
AG
It would be great to see a portion of the fighters who recently crossed over with NLWS (and training) start going to work is small roving teams. The rear of the western flank bombarding Kiev looks open.

Big picture, i wonder how much TTPs are changing for Poland and the Baltic's. And will they actually provide a defense in layers with distributed manpads. Or were they there to begin with.
Dorm 15
AG
Rossticus said:

Now we are talking!!!
jabberwalkie09
AG

I know it was mentioned earlier that the US would be announcing this, but this was the first confirmation that it would be tonight during the State of the Union. Vlad is going to have. Tantrum over this.
JobSecurity
AG
Rubio with some intel on the Kharkiv airborne raid tonight
GAC06
AG
Honestly closing airspace hurts us more than them since they'll do the same thing back. Routes to India and Asia are affected for us. Canada already closed their airspace so Russia was already kinda screwed here. Still the right move
Dan Scott
AG
How many Russian airliners actually fly to America?
buzzardb267
AG
Speaking of propaganda....I was searching YouTube for live feeds and found one that had comments scrolling. This one scrolled by about every 15 seconds...

Quote:

Rico RRussia saving Ukraine from the neo Nazis that took over the government and army 8 years ago. Neo Nazi Ukraine has been bombing their own people for 8 years enough is enough

aggiehawg
AG
GAC06 said:

Honestly closing airspace hurts us more than them since they'll do the same thing back. Routes to India and Asia are affected for us. Canada already closed their airspace so Russia was already kinda screwed here. Still the right move
Airline industry has been taking hit after hit.
richardag
ATX_AG_08 said:

Dilettante said:

Do we have a way to measure the sentiment of Ukrainians on a macro scale? Or Russians for that matter? I guess reporters on the ground is the best way in Ukraine?
I'm sure it's mixed. Here's A post from a guy with family in both countries.

12th Man Stan Account
AG
buzzardb267 said:

Speaking of propaganda....I was searching YouTube for live feeds and found one that had comments scrolling. This one scrolled by about every 15 seconds...

Quote:

Rico RRussia saving Ukraine from the neo Nazis that took over the government and army 8 years ago. Neo Nazi Ukraine has been bombing their own people for 8 years enough is enough

There are a lot of Russian bots that like to spam the live feeds on YouTube. I've noticed it too.
12th Man Stan Account
AG

This could be interesting. Not sure why they're announcing their plans ahead of time though.
neAGle96
AG
I assume everyone who announces plans such as this have already carried out the act.
EastSideAg2002
12th Man Stan Account said:

This could be interesting. Not sure why they're announcing their plans ahead of time though.
I would worry that hitting the Russian grid at this point would do more damage than good. They need to keep the Russian populations' support for this war down as they may be one of the only assets to stop Putin.
SidsBurnerAccount

Haven't seen this posted. These Americans are posting nice, detailed reviews of the day's military events in Ukraine. Lots of digging into the maps.

SidsBurnerAccount

Canada shuts its ports now too. I know some will say Russia will just sell to the rest of the world (such as China and India), but I don't see them being able to soak up that level of commerce.

I talked to a client company today (owned by a Russian and a Ukrainian). They said everything in Russia is simply "on hold"
First Page Last Page
Page 174 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.