***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,547,628 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by 74OA
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't see how they can take Kiev if the people really fight it out. The Russians are showing a serious lack of will combined with major command and control issues. Communication on unencrypted radios and by cell phone? Think about when we went into Fallujah. That took us a month and a half of detailed highly coordinated attacks. Granted the Russians don't seem to care about casualties like we do but that just goes back to their will to fight problem.
wangus12
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Slovenia is a NATO country. Game on?
I'll believe it when I see it.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Ukraine should start destroying rail lines to prevent refueling....have the partisans target them.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgsMyDude said:

2wealfth Man said:

I keep reiterating that there is no way Russian forces are going to be able to hold any appreciably sized territory that they may "take". No logistics, demoralized front line soldiers, Uke's getting more advanced weapons everyday and a fanatical populace. The whole thing is sad to watch; so useless.

Agree. The Ukrainians aren't going to let them institute some puppet government and just lie down/obey.

Going to get nasty and so many will continue to die in a worthless battle.

They'll probably assassinate them
2023NCAggies
PJYoung said:

Putin is hoping to get the Ukrain people to haul them to their bases, that way everything is in place after he conquers.

He told his men to flee, this is all part of their plan
AgsMyDude
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

AgsMyDude said:

2wealfth Man said:

I keep reiterating that there is no way Russian forces are going to be able to hold any appreciably sized territory that they may "take". No logistics, demoralized front line soldiers, Uke's getting more advanced weapons everyday and a fanatical populace. The whole thing is sad to watch; so useless.

Agree. The Ukrainians aren't going to let them institute some puppet government and just lie down/obey.

All 40 million of them?
jabberwalkie09
AG
wangus12 said:

SPSAg05 said:

Also, why were they still there? This has been going on almost a week. Seems that all the other countries either relocated or left.
TxTarpon
Did Lukashenko just show the "secret plans" to divide up Ukraine on social media?
I doubt he is that careless.
But in the commie world.....
bmks270
AG
aggiehawg said:

2wealfth Man said:

Fully agree. The invading is the easiest part and if they suck at that they have nowhere near the ability to manage an occupation.

They will manage it fine I suspect. They won't be using kid gloves like the US does. They will break the resistance through brutality. I'd expect to see cities that show too much fighting spirit to be blockaded and starved until they submit.
DCPD158
AG
wangus12 said:

SPSAg05 said:

Maybe time for Slovenia to rethink deciding not to send the planes the said they would to Ukraine. Send em the planes.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
TRM
AG
DCPD158 said:

wangus12 said:

SPSAg05 said:

Maybe time for Slovenia to rethink deciding not to send the planes the said they would to Ukraine. Send em the planes.
Slovakia not Slovenia.
DCPD158
AG
TRM said:

DCPD158 said:

wangus12 said:

SPSAg05 said:

Slovakia not Slovenia.
Correct. My bad
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
aezmvp
AgsMyDude said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

AgsMyDude said:

2wealfth Man said:

All 40 million of them?
The Quislings. When those things happen a lot of people's family/friends start disappearing. Staffing a government, even a puppet one, with just Russians where everyone or a significant part of the population is pouring sugar in your fuel tanks, dropping caltrips, sabotaging rail lines and aircraft, sniping in the cities, planting IEDs, etc. Is going to be brutal. And if the Russians start overrunning stuff, a lot of anti-tank and manpads will get buried and then all of a sudden you're going to be unable to take off from an airport or run a train or a tank in that country without major issues. And those people will find ways into Moscow, St. Petersburg, Rostov and elsewhere and then terror attacks all over Russia.
JobSecurity
AG
bmks270
AG
wbt5845 said:

Anonymous continues taking the war to the Russian people. Hacking credit card systems for gas station chains today.

I think anonymous is really every government cyber warfare division.
Irish 2.0
****ING FINALLY!!!
Faustus
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/03/01/world/ukraine-russia-war

Quote:

. . .
After the Russian military had publicly warned it intended to strike sites in the city of Kyiv on Tuesday, and warned civilians to stay clear of them, two large explosions rattled the city at about 10:40. It wasn't immediately clear what was hit. The Russian military had said it would target offices of the Ukrainian domestic intelligence agency, called the SBU.

Quote:

Apple said it had paused the sale of all of its products in Russia and pulled the RT News and Sputnik News apps from its App Store outside of Russia. It's the latest tech company to pull back from some Russian operations in response to the invasion of Ukraine.
. . .
Charpie
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

****ING FINALLY!!!

Took them long enough
Irish 2.0
jabberwalkie09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

"Respect for the positions of all"

That's ****ing rich.
Rossticus
What horse ***** "Legitimate and Balanced" is Russian for "everything we want".
ATX_AG_08
AG
Dilettante said:

Do we have a way to measure the sentiment of Ukrainians on a macro scale? Or Russians for that matter? I guess reporters on the ground is the best way in Ukraine?

I'm sure it's mixed. Here's A post from a guy with family in both countries.

JFABNRGR
AG
GAC06 said:

I don't see how they can take Kiev if the people really fight it out. The Russians are showing a serious lack of will combined with major command and control issues. Communication on unencrypted radios and by cell phone? Think about when we went into Fallujah. That took us a month and a half of detailed highly coordinated attacks. Granted the Russians don't seem to care about casualties like we do but that just goes back to their will to fight problem.
or what will be left of Kiev to take. We are seeing some great efforts by the Ukes, were also seeing some horrific destruction, and sadly I suspect were only getting a glimpse of the destruction.

Both tankers and drones are no longer transponding, yet there are 2 E3s and a UK Airbu330 (CC/SIG) in orbit track. my prayer is somebody is flying sorties against the russians while its still dark.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
wangus12
AG
JobSecurity said:

I unfortunately have the sinking feeling that he'll go down as a martyr before this thing ends
No Spin Ag
jabberwalkie09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

That's ****ing rich.

How do you say "Go Fk yourself" in Russian.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
ABATTBQ11
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Support diplomacy by staying the **** out of other countries
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgsMyDude said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

AgsMyDude said:

2wealfth Man said:

All 40 million of them?

The Ukrainians will assassinate the puppet government
aggiehawg
AG
No Spin Ag said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

That's ****ing rich.

According to google it is idi na khuy
Wrec86 Ag
wangus12 said:

JobSecurity said:

I unfortunately have the sinking feeling that he'll go down as a martyr before this thing ends
I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened already. Their military/defense is spread so freaking thin across the country right now and he's been posting pictures/videos where you can tell where he's at.

I also think the Ukrainians are fabricating a lot of these stories. Either that, or the Russians are so bad at this and fractured that the Ukrainians know everything that's coming and are setting traps.
Rossticus
No Spin Ag said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

That's ****ing rich.

The phonic pronunciation is: Idi na khuy

TexAgs doesn't accommodate Russian text.
TheEternalPessimist
Here is a link to 16 live webcam views of Kiev on a continuous YouTube stream:

--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Not a Bot
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

Dilettante said:

Do we have a way to measure the sentiment of Ukrainians on a macro scale? Or Russians for that matter? I guess reporters on the ground is the best way in Ukraine?

I'm sure it's mixed. Here's A post from a guy with family in both countries.

Russians are getting zero news about what's going on. Most don't even know Ukraine has been invaded. They think Russian troops are just in the breakaway regions. State media and propaganda is on full blast.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

i'm reminded of the Ukrainian Ambassador to the UN's statement to Russia:
"Your words have less value than a hole in the New York pretzel"

gee Russia, I can't imagine why Ukraine doesn't want to talk to you right now...
aezmvp
Wrec86 Ag said:

wangus12 said:

JobSecurity said:

I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened already. Their military/defense is spread so freaking thin across the country right now and he's been posting pictures/videos where you can tell where he's at.

I also think the Ukrainians are fabricating a lot of these stories. Either that, or the Russians are so bad at this and fractured that the Ukrainians know everything that's coming and are setting traps.

Well it's clear that the Ukes let a lot of spearheads go by and then ambushed the hell out of their forward logistics.
TheEternalPessimist
Rossticus said:

No Spin Ag said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

That's ****ing rich.

The phonic pronunciation is: Idi na khuy

TexAgs doesn't accommodate Russian text.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
First Page Last Page
Page 170 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.