***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,548,176 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by 74OA
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JFABNRGR
AG
Seems like something has changed in the last 18 hours in a very bad way for the Ukes, like someone has influenced them to not support as much. I sure hope it was not us.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Rossticus
JFABNRGR said:

Seems like something has changed in the last 18 hours in a very bad way for the Ukes, like someone has influenced them to not support as much. I sure hope it was not us.

The fact is that Ukraine simply cannot hold out against Russia solo and never could. They've fared better than anticipated due to sheer incompetence on Russia's part but they're massively outgunned. Russia is attacking urban centers and not just military targets.

They'll level Kyiv and take it. They'll level Kharkiv and take it. They'll level Kherson and take it. They'll consolidate and close off everything east of Kyiv. They'll rest, resupply, regroup, and then move west. We'll watch because of "better them than us", whether you agree with it or not.

I hope I'm wrong and a miracle occurs but it will take a miracle at this point.
RONA Ag
AG
Rossticus said:

JFABNRGR said:

The fact is that Ukraine simply cannot hold out against Russia solo and never could. They've fared better than anticipated due to sheer incompetence on Russia's part but they're massively outgunned. Russia is attacking urban centers and not just military targets.

They'll level Kyiv and take it. They'll level Kharkiv and take it. They'll level Kherson and take it. They'll consolidate and close off everything east of Kyiv. They'll rest, resupply, regroup, and then move west. We'll watch because of "better them than us", whether you agree with it or not.

I hope I'm wrong and a miracle occurs but it will take a miracle at this point.

Russia won't level kyev its a cultural Mecca for the Eastern Orthodox Church and Russia in particular. They will create a humanitarian crisis and attempt to starve the people
Rossticus
If that works then sure. If not then they'll resort to mass fire.
Rossticus
Who?mikejones!

If accurate, this should really settle things down
Irish 2.0
Agthatbuilds said:

Not really. The EU isn't a military union. Russia's issue is with NATO and doesn't give a f*** about EU membership. Honestly, long-term this is probably worse for the Ukranian economy. But given it is about to be a puppet state for Russia (still holding out a sliver of hope for them), not too bothered by that aspect of it. Hell, if it becomes a puppet state it'll just poison the EU well with further Russian meddling.
Rossticus
Rossticus
The Fall Guy
AG
https://twitter.com/shaunwalker7/status/1498636394926858249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1498636394926858249%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aljazeera.com%2Fnews%2F2022%2F2%2F28%2Fus-announces-plan-to-expel-russian-diplomats-from-un-liveblog
powerbelly
AG

Remove everything after the "?" to imbed tweets.
JobSecurity
AG
SwigAg11
AG
JobSecurity said:

That is moving fast
Houston Lee
AG
Rossticus said:

Hope nobody was home.

The video is a classic example of the evil that is the Russian military. There is nobody in that apartment building that is shooting at or attacking the Russian forces. No military reason to blow it up other than to cause death and destruction to the civilians.
JobSecurity
AG
JobSecurity
AG
JobSecurity
AG
Rossticus
Leave homes and go where?
solishu
AG
SwigAg11 said:

JobSecurity said:

That is moving fast
I find confirmation that voting for candiate status will happen today, but nothing confirming that voting on membership will be immediate. If that happens, I would expect that we will immediately enter WWIII, as European countries will then need to deploy their militaries directly into Ukraine..
aezmvp
Rossticus said:

Leave homes and go where?
Presumably their graves.
JobSecurity
AG
Anywhere away from those targets I guess

Rossticus
solishu said:

SwigAg11 said:

JobSecurity said:

That is moving fast
I find confirmation that voting for candiate status will happen today, but nothing confirming that voting on membership will be immediate. If that happens, I would expect that we will immediately enter WWIII, as European countries will then need to deploy their militaries directly into Ukraine..

The Eu is not NATO and members will not require member nations to deploy anything to Ukraine.
doubledog
JobSecurity said:

Given Russia's recent record on "strategic" bombing, the safest place to be is at the SBU facilities.
TheCougarHunter
AG
David Wallace said:

Rossticus said:

Hope nobody was home.

The video is a classic example of the evil that is the Russian military. There is nobody in that apartment building that is shooting at or attacking the Russian forces. No military reason to blow it up other than to cause death and destruction to the civilians.

Exactly why it's time to strike back.
Rossticus
JobSecurity said:

Soooo… unspecified targets being used for unspecified information warfare. Sounds like an excuse for indiscriminate attacks on civilian areas to me. And define "information attacks"… ?
Pluto88
AG
It is clear Ukraine is winning the information war without a doubt.
PJYoung
AG
Who?mikejones!
Irish 2.0 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Not really. The EU isn't a military union. Russia's issue is with NATO and doesn't give a f*** about EU membership. Honestly, long-term this is probably worse for the Ukranian economy. But given it is about to be a puppet state for Russia (still holding out a sliver of hope for them), not too bothered by that aspect of it. Hell, if it becomes a puppet state it'll just poison the EU well with further Russian meddling.

I respectfully disagree. If you think the EU will just let Russia invaded an EU country you're off base.
Ag8556
AG
The Ukrainians have to use time as their ally and cede ground strategically to avoid large parts of their military getting encircled and destroyed. They will have to show the Russians that the war will continue even if Kiev falls just like the Russians showed Napoleon after Moscow fell. They have to keep the supply lines open from the west and just survive. I don't believe Russian morale will hold if the Ukrainians can sustain effective combat operations in western Ukraine. I also don't believe the Russians can keep their units effectively supplied for a long duration.

I want to see what happens in Russia when their financial markets reopen. Putin is going to take heat from the massive wealth evaporation that is going to occur in Russia.

I also think the idea of foreign legions operating in Ukraine is a way around open NATO combat operations. Foreign volunteer units operated during the Spanish Civil War. Certainly no reason they could not operate in Ukraine. US/EU could even finance and equip the volunteer units.

Big Al 1992
AG

Yikes.
2wealfth Man
AG
Russia is NOT going to be able to hold plots of territory with forces they have their now. The tactics will shift to guerilla style fighting. A very bad proposition for the Russia with all the portable weapons floating around there. And therein lies the major problem Putin created when they went in and utterly failed in the first days of this action.
Rossticus
Clearly a military target…
aTmAg
AG
One big development that nobody seems to be talking about is how China is separating itself from Russia.

That is a big deal. Because if they were teamed up and China was supplying Russia and decided to sanction us from it's goods, we would be FFFFF-ed. Everything economically bad going on in Russia right now would instead be happening here (and maybe worse).
Irish 2.0
Agthatbuilds said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

I respectfully disagree. If you think the EU will just let Russia invaded an EU country you're off base.
They weren't an EU country during the invasion. They can't retroactively say that the EU was attacked because they granted membership to a country while it was being invaded. It is an after the fact. The EU isn't a military union. They will just keep doing what they're doing and sending supplies. No country that is both EU and NATO will send people that aren't volunteers. Ukraine isn't a NATO country and thus the EU is powerless in this. It is simply symbolic unless Ukraine wins.

I'm curious as to what more you think the EU will do that it hasn't already done.
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.