***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,551,259 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
B-1 83 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rapier108 said:

JobSecurity said:

Saber rattling? Sub launch?

I'd bet they test a SLBM.

That seems like the correct assessment. They had pretty hard weather up there recently which led to some exercise being canceled.

Is the USS Chicago out there waiting?

Who knows, but I'm pretty sure that there are going to either be Los Angeles or Virginia class subs out there. Iirc the Barents and Norwegian Seas were very active during the Cold War from what I've read.
ABATTBQ11
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Interesting statement from the Kremlin......

I believe by law, Russia cannot send conscripts into battle. However, there's been rumblings of conscripted soldiers being sent to Ukraine after being told that were going to the border or Crimea for "training" or "exercises." Either the Kremlin is trying to clarify or they're trying to quell unrest.
TRM
AG
FireAg said:

They might be pulling back on the Bulgaria part, but the bigger fish here is originating air defense from a NATO base with NATO planes...
It won't be from a NATO base. They'll need to fly out from a Ukrainian base.
AggieZUUL
AG
Do you think an f-16, fully armed, with all the firepower it can carry, can fly in there and pull it off?

MGS
I Have Spoken said:

aggiehawg said:

How far is that from the Finnish port on the sea?

I believe uncomfortably close.
Finland doesn't have any territory on the Barents Sea, the Russians took it from them during WWII.
jabberwalkie09
AG
FireAg said:

Are we not at the point where we are playing a game of semantics at this point?

Words matter...

Intentions matter...

But actions also matter...

The only thing NATO hasn't done to this point is commit a single NATO soldier to cross over the Ukrainian border...

But NATO sure as hell is giving them everything else the Ukes need to wage war against Russia...

This whole thing is one big catch-22 **** sammich...

Yeah, if it's true they're going to fly out of Poland we're dancing around a fine line. This kind of makes me reflect back on Rubio's tweet from earlier. I'm sure he knew of this beforehand but I'm also certain he is aware that doing this places all parties involved could draw a certain reaction.

Rubio tweet from earlier today:
The Collective
AG
MGS said:

I Have Spoken said:

aggiehawg said:

Finland doesn't have any territory on the Barents Sea, the Russians took it from them during WWII.

I should have looked at a map.
JB!98
AG
B-1 83 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rapier108 said:

JobSecurity said:

Saber rattling? Sub launch?

I'd bet they test a SLBM.

That seems like the correct assessment. They had pretty hard weather up there recently which led to some exercise being canceled.

Is the USS Chicago out there waiting?
Inside sources have told me that Dan McAfferty has come out of retirement to command the sub.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
AggieLit
FireAg said:

Words matter...

Intentions matter...

The only thing NATO hasn't done to this point is commit a single NATO soldier to cross over the Ukrainian border...

But NATO sure as hell is giving them everything else the Ukes need to wage war against Russia...

Might as well give them some nukes, to make up for violation of the 1994 Budapest agreement.
No Spin Ag
AggieLit said:

FireAg said:

Words matter...

Intentions matter...

Might as well give them some nukes, to make up for violation of the 1994 Budapest agreement.

If it wouldn't come back to bite us in this county, a la Putin sending nukes our way, I'd say give the Ukes the whole new yards.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
dc509
AG
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/28/world/europe/russia-ukraine-military.html

It looks like various experts believe that Russia is about to start hammering Ukraine.
Charpie
AG
Htownag11
AG
Lease them the airbases for $1 for a period of 7 days, to be renewed if necessary. BOOM - no longer a NATO base
KatyAggie01
Charpie said:

We should have done this last week. And open up our pipelines and drilling. Such a missed opportunity for us.
No Spin Ag
dc509 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/28/world/europe/russia-ukraine-military.html

It looks like various experts believe that Russia is about to start hammering Ukraine.

Peacemakers my ass.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
I Have Spoken said:

MGS said:

I Have Spoken said:

aggiehawg said:

I should have looked at a map.
Damnit, I was looking at the map was looking at Norway but had Finland on my mind for some reason. And Norway is a member of NATO.

My bad.
Rossticus
Ukes getting goodies from the Italians.

AgBQ-00
AG
Rossticus said:

Gotta be honest Had no clue MG-42s were still in service anywhere.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
agsalaska
AG
I would give them my guns if I could.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Rossticus
Putin going scorched earth now. This makes me truly sick. Collateral damage is one thing, as horrifying as it it. This is entirely different.

Demosthenes81
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Rossticus said:

Methinks Ukraine is becoming the neighborhood garage sale for cleaning out old munitions.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
P.U.T.U
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Rossticus said:

Methinks Ukraine is becoming the neighborhood garage sale for cleaning out old munitions.

I have been thinking the same thing too, I mean at this time I am sure Ukraine can use it but MG42s? Don't get me wrong they are awesome. Same thing as some of the ATs they are getting
Dorm 15
AG
Quote:

Hope it goes to good use.
AggieLit
Reggiesankles said:

Charpie said:

We should have done this last week. And open up our pipelines and drilling. Such a missed opportunity for us.
Our drilling is largely voluntary; it will open up to the extent that drillers see a profit to be made. The pipelines that exist are wide open; some pipelines of course were not approved, but the Feds can do nothing to limit pipelines from West Texas to the Gulf coast, which is the critical area for export capability. The main issue holding back drilling is shale companies paying off debts and satisfying shareholders who want to see returns, not investment.

A looming issue is the construction of offshore oil export terminals in Texas, a few of which are making their way through the approvals process. Each one costs a couple billion dollars and would vastly increase our ability to export oil. Right now these are out of the public eye and I'm pretty sure the parties involved would like it to stay that way.
aggielostinETX
AG
Rossticus said:

Like a fuel air bomb? IIRC We used those in WoT a lot.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Rossticus said:

You know, I joked a couple days ago about Eastern Europe having German made Leopards drive across it… maybe it will happen at this rate.
aggielostinETX
AG
agsalaska said:

Nobody in war wants a wooden gun
JobSecurity
AG
Rossticus
Sooooo… speaking of escalation… this could mean nothing or everything if it comes to fruition. Hold on to your butts.

ttu_85
Demosthenes81 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Rossticus said:

Maybe. I dont know about you guys but I wouldn't want to get hit with a burst from a MG-39 much less MG-42 fire. Maybe old but still very effective if deployed correctly.
hunter2012
AG
JobSecurity said:

agsalaska
AG
AggieLostinDallas said:

agsalaska said:

Nobody in war wants a wooden gun
LOL. You know me well.

I bet they would take my AK though.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Rossticus
ttu_85 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Rossticus said:

Maybe. I dont know about you guys but I wouldn't want to get hit with a burst from a MG-39 much less MG-42 fire. Maybe old but still very effective if deployed correctly.

A lot of lead kills people just as dead these days as it used to as far as I know.
P.U.T.U
AG
FAE and vacuum bombs are the same thing.

We also use cluster munitions which are also against the Geneva convention.
First Page Last Page
Page 147 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.