***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,551,224 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B-1 83 said:

PJYoung said:

stetson said:

TRM said:

Are the Germans still in with just their helmet contribution to the war effort?
Incredibly they are donating real weapons now.
People have been clamoring for A-10s, and here's the SU-25………..not quite as good, but they are useless on the ground when there are miles of tanks lined up waiting…. No pilots?

There will be a pilot in many of them. A lot of eastern euro military pilots becoming "contractors" as we speak in addition to experienced Uke pilots that didn't re-sign finally being paid what it takes for them to re-up. They lost a lot recently because of low pay. Most current pilots are fresh. About to have a lot of hard ass fighter pilots over Ukraine.
aggiehawg
AG
ttu_85 said:

Rossticus said:

Belarus about to jump in.

Hopefully they get jumped. as soon as they cross the border.
Guess they no longer care about their own sovereign status anymore. They could lose some of their territory before this thing is through.
BusterAg
AG
I'm seeing muzzle fire in bottom right video. Just FYI.
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

B-1 83 said:

PJYoung said:

stetson said:

TRM said:

People have been clamoring for A-10s, and here's the SU-25………..not quite as good, but they are useless on the ground when there are miles of tanks lined up waiting…. No pilots?

There will be a pilot in many of them. A lot of eastern euro military pilots becoming "contractors" as we speak in addition to experienced Uke pilots that didn't re-sign finally being paid what it takes for them to re-up. They lost a lot recently because of low pay. Most current pilots are fresh. About to have a lot of hard ass fighter pilots over Ukraine.

Do you have any sourcing on this? That sounds like big news. Based on what I'm reading today, things are getting more and more grim.
Robk
https://www.novinite.com/articles/214004/PM%3A+Reports+of+Bulgaria+Giving+Away+its+Fighter+Jets+to+Ukraine+are+Absurd%21

Bulgaria says they are not supplying the planes. Hopefully they are and just causing confusion for the Russians. AND of course he did use the word give.
B-1 83
AG
Hope they hurry before it's too late.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
jabberwalkie09
AG
Stupid@17 said:

Wouldn't entry by Belarus with no stated reason be an automatic recipe for counter attack by the west?

Belarus is part of the Collective Security Treaty Organization with Russia and several other countries. Kazakhastan, who is also a member, reportedly already told Russia to go pound sand in response for troops for Ukraine.

Who and what organization from the west would attack given that?
JJxvi
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Are none of these countries adopting the Eurofighter?
Austria
JobSecurity
AG
Get to it
aeroag14
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Are none of these countries adopting the Eurofighter?

Likely wouldnt matter even if they did operate Eurofighter. Cant train pilots overnight how to operate an entirely new system. Uke pilots were trained on Migs and Sus. That is why they are getting Migs and Sus.
Rapier108
JobSecurity said:

Saber rattling? Sub launch?

I'd bet they test a SLBM.
aggiehawg
AG
Rapier108 said:

JobSecurity said:

How far is that from the Finnish port on the sea?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rapier108 said:

JobSecurity said:

That seems like the correct assessment. They had pretty hard weather up there recently which led to some exercise being canceled.

Robk

Assuming true, then flying out Poland would seem like a pretty big thing.
SPSAg05
AG

Interesting statement from the Kremlin......
The Collective
AG
aggiehawg said:

How far is that from the Finnish port on the sea?

I believe uncomfortably close.
Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

B-1 83 said:

PJYoung said:

stetson said:

TRM said:

Do you have any sourcing on this? That sounds like big news. Based on what I'm reading today, things are getting more and more grim.

Nobody is going to broadcast it but I've heard from people over there who'd know. Not going to go into any more detail. Pics of plenty of non-pilots who're going in and joining up already circulating. Gives you a little faith in humanity.
AgResearch
AG
SPSAg05 said:

If the progress we're seeing is from "professionals"....LOL
B-1 83
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Rapier108 said:

JobSecurity said:

That seems like the correct assessment. They had pretty hard weather up there recently which led to some exercise being canceled.

Is the USS Chicago out there waiting?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
GAC06
AG
Rapier108 said:

JobSecurity said:

Dumb idea IMO. We accept that they have the capability, so a successful launch doesn't move the needle much. Something goes wrong, and they publicly cast doubt on their deterrence capability.
Rossticus
SPSAg05 said:

Lie
TRM
AG
Russian separatist area in Moldova.
Dorm 15
AG
This cannot be real.
GAC06
AG
Robk said:

If true, expect missiles headed for the Polish airbase and a wider conflict. Maybe we'll see whether the contentious missile defense in Poland is up and running and effective
aggiehawg
AG
Robk said:

WOW!!! That is huge. Gonna be some dogfights that happen over a line on some map somewhere.
FireAg
AG
Robk said:

We are definitely in major "gray area" with this revelation...

Is an attack using non-Ukrainian jets, piloted by Ukrainians, but originated their sorties out of a NATO air base considered an attack by NATO?

In other words, the only thing not NATO in the Polish scenario is (at least me believe it to be) that the pilots would be Ukes...
Robk
Dorm 15 said:

This cannot be real.
I agree, I am guessing some bad translation. BUT if true .........
TRM
AG
Robk said:

They're pulling back on that.

javajaws
AG
Robk said:

Really big if true (flying out of Poland)...and maybe not in a good way. Putin could interpret that any number of ways. Even with Ukrainians flying the planes - how can you not say Poland isn't directly helping Ukraine and in essence declaring war on Russia? Will all of the ground support be Ukrainian as well? An unstable Putin can use this as a pretext for nearly any response. And if he doesn't respond to this specifically he risks opening the door for more escalation of help like this...and at some point he WILL then have to respond.
FireAg
AG
They might be pulling back on the Bulgaria part, but the bigger fish here is originating air defense from a NATO base with NATO planes...
Rossticus
JobSecurity said:

Get to it

Good way to get you or other folks killed if you've never been in combat. Great for combat vets who want to help. Terrible if you're a JAG. If NATO/US gets pulled in and you can get real training reps, that's the best way.
agsalaska
AG
I do believe that the refugee situation is 100% applicable to this thread.

Anyone who has never watched Bald and Bankrupt you are missing out. He is IMHO the greatest travel vlogger alive and has done probably a hundred or so videos in Russia/Ukraine/Moldova/Belarus in the last five or so years. I highly suggest pouring a drink and watching him. You will be tired at work the next day.

This is a video of him leaving Kyiv on Feb 25.

Edit-He also has a video from the border the day before the invasion.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

ABATTBQ11
AG
The Russians did it in Korea and Vietnam and we stopped at the border. I expect the Russians will too. I don't think they want a full scale war with NATO given their losses and unpopularity at home.
AgBQ-00
AG
javajaws said:

Robk said:

Really big if true (flying out of Poland)...and maybe not in a good way. Putin could interpret that any number of ways. Even with Ukrainians flying the planes - how can you not say Poland isn't directly helping Ukraine and in essence declaring war on Russia? Will all of the ground support be Ukrainian as well? An unstable Putin can use this as a pretext for nearly any response. And if he doesn't respond to this specifically he risks opening the door for more escalation of help like this...and at some point he WILL then have to respond.
Kind of turn about for MiG alley in Korea and other instances where Russian pilots were actually manning the aircraft.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
FireAg
AG
Are we not at the point where we are playing a game of semantics at this point?

Words matter...

Intentions matter...

But actions also matter...

The only thing NATO hasn't done to this point is commit a single NATO soldier to cross over the Ukrainian border...

But NATO sure as hell is giving them everything else the Ukes need to wage war against Russia...

This whole thing is one big catch-22 **** sammich...
First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.