***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,551,244 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
74OA
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

74OA said:

Line Ate Member said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Dorm 15 said:

Speaking of tactics, can drones effectively take out an armored column?

They can, but doesn't look like Ukraine has enough of them. Everyone I've seen hit a column is a single aimed for the middle. Kind of frustrating to watch honestly.
Moat likely a stupid question, but can the Ukes go cartel style and hook up "bombs" to normal drones? I am sure a lot will fail and be shot, but even if you can slow that column down enough to damage infrastructure down the road, I would think it would be enough.

Especially at night.
The TB2 has a payload of 330lbs, so not much carrying capacity.
A Hellfire missile weighs about 100 pounds.
He asked about bombs......
SPSAg05
AG

Any bite to this?
rab79
AG
TRM said:

Tweet is about 2 hours and 20 minutes old. Go back about 3:15 you'll see some trouble with that camera,
back up now

Quote:

NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Faustus
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/28/world/ukraine-russia-war

Quote:

. . .
The Pentagon on Monday quantified for the first time how far behind it believes the Russian invasion of Ukraine is from the Kremlin's intended schedule. "We think they're a few days behind where they expected to be at this point," Pentagon spokesman John F. Kirby told reporters.
. . .
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60542877

Quote:

. . .
The US Defence Department says that almost 75% of the Russian forces assembled on Ukraine's borders are now inside the country.

The main advance of troops is now positioned about 25 km from the capital Kyiv, roughly a 5 km gain since Sunday.

Soldiers have yet to capture two key cities: Kharkiv in the northeast and Mariupol in the South.
As Western officials have previously noted, troops are not making the progress they had planned due to logistical issues and fierce resistance by Ukrainian fighters.
. . .
GAC06
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

74OA said:

Line Ate Member said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Dorm 15 said:

They can, but doesn't look like Ukraine has enough of them. Everyone I've seen hit a column is a single aimed for the middle. Kind of frustrating to watch honestly.
Moat likely a stupid question, but can the Ukes go cartel style and hook up "bombs" to normal drones? I am sure a lot will fail and be shot, but even if you can slow that column down enough to damage infrastructure down the road, I would think it would be enough.

Especially at night.

This is what they're using

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAM_(Smart_Micro_Munition)
dellgriffith
AG
How is this not already World War III?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HTownAg98
dellgriffith said:

Because we haven't directly engaged Russia yet.
GAC06
AG
dellgriffith said:

Because two or three countries are fighting and it's not a world wide war?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I have reviewed the Office's conclusions arising from the preliminary examination of the Situation in Ukraine, and have confirmed that there is a reasonable basis to proceed with opening an investigation. In particular,

I am satisfied that there is a reasonable basis to believe that both alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity have been committed in Ukraine in relation to the events already assessed during the preliminary examination by the Office. Given the expansion of the conflict in recent days, it is my intention that this investigation will also encompass any new alleged crimes falling within the jurisdiction of my Office that are committed by any party to the conflict on any part of the territory of Ukraine.

I have already tasked my team to explore all evidence preservation opportunities. The next step is to proceed with the process of seeking and obtaining authorisation from the Pre-Trial Chamber of the Court to open an investigation. An alternative route set out in the Statute that could further expedite matters would be for an ICC State Party to refer the situation to my Office, which would allow us to actively and immediately proceed with the Office's independent and objective investigations.

I will also be asking for the support of all States Parties and the international community as a whole as my Office sets about its investigations. I will be calling for additional budgetary support, for voluntary contributions to support all our situations, and for the loan of gratis personnel. The importance and urgency of our mission is too serious to be held hostage to lack of means.
Hard to tell. Might just be another grifter with his hands out.
PJYoung
AG
stetson
AG
TRM said:

Are the Germans still in with just their helmet contribution to the war effort?
PJYoung
AG
stetson said:

TRM said:

Incredibly they are donating real weapons now.
Not a Bot
AG
Where will they base?
JFABNRGR
AG
GAC06 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

74OA said:

Line Ate Member said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Dorm 15 said:

Especially at night.

This is what they're using

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAM_(Smart_Micro_Munition)
In the 3 videos I only observe 1 shot on target run, so maybe their using the MAM-T variant and only able to carry one per run, which is very unfortunate. Big jump in weights from the L to the T.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
JJxvi
AG
PJYoung said:

How big is like Bulgaria's air force? 30 might've been my guess if you asked me how many total fighter aircraft they had.
GAC06
AG
Laser guided and self lase by the UAV would limit them to one weapon per run
Jayhawk
JJxvi said:

PJYoung said:

How big is like Bulgaria's air force? 30 might've been my guess if you asked me how many total fighter aircraft they had.
Based on their wikipedia page, it looks like the Bulgarian air force is transitioning to F-16's. This may be a convenient way to offload the aging nearly obsolete Migs. There's also a strong chance that the US or rich EU countries are funding the donation on behalf of the Ukes.. but that is speculation on my part.

In any event, the military problem for the Ukrainians remains.. how do you recover / fuel / maintain / arm these airplanes under Russian-controlled skies. I believe the Mig-29 is made with sturdy gear and is a durable platform designed for austere conditions so maybe they are going to tuck them in the woods somewhere (dispersed) and run em off stretches of remote road far in the south/west .. dunno.
Rossticus
Shamelessly terroristic tactics.

E
AG
What kind of planes does the Ukraine Air Force use now?
GAC06
AG
Poland is buying F-35's and was planning on retiring their MiG-29's as well
WAF78
AG
From a hotel in Kiev. Different view from the inside.

https://www.brighteon.com/e8b9d706-5cbc-45f6-bfc4-395472b56081
JJxvi
AG
Interesting, yeah, I just checked wikipedia for Poland and Slovakia as well. Slovakia and Bulgaria are switching to F-16's and Poland has F-16 and is buying F35s.

That's basically like the entire soviet era inventory for those countries.
GAC06
AG
E said:

MiG-29's Su-27's Su-25's Su-24's

No clue what they have left now
chickencoupe16
AG
E said:

Basically exactly what is being sent to them, Migs and Sukhois.
Rossticus
Belarus about to jump in.

E
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

E said:

Basically exactly what is being sent to them, Migs and Sukhois.
Good, no extra training involved then. Just hope they have fuel and extra pilots to fly them.
Stupid@17
AG
Wouldn't entry by Belarus with no stated reason be an automatic recipe for counter attack by the west?
PJYoung
AG

Quote:

3) Nearly 75% of the ~150,000 troops Putin massed around Ukraine are now inside Ukraine.

That means Russian's numerical advantages are being brought to bear. But also means Putin has fewer reserves to call on as the fighting drags on.
B-1 83
AG
PJYoung said:

stetson said:

TRM said:

Incredibly they are donating real weapons now.
People have been clamoring for A-10s, and here's the SU-25………..not quite as good, but they are useless on the ground when there are miles of tanks lined up waiting…. No pilots?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
SPSAg05
AG
Are none of these countries adopting the Eurofighter?
ttu_85
Rossticus said:

Belarus about to jump in.

Hopefully they get jumped as soon as they cross the border.
PJYoung
AG
JobSecurity said:

JobSecurity
AG
Saber rattling? Sub launch?
TRM
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.