***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,551,785 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
dtkprowler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't think Putin cares. Think he would rather go out in a "blaze of glory" than with his tail tucked between his legs.
Faustus
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/28/world/ukraine-russia-war

Quote:

. . .

Maxar Technologies

A large convoy of Russian armed forces is moving closer to Kyiv. The group of at least several hundred vehicles was initially detected in satellite imagery from Maxar Technologies on Sunday. On Monday, it was approximately 20 miles north of Antonov Airport on the outskirts of Kyiv, and 30 miles from the city limits. The convoy is stretched out over at least 17 miles, with some gaps in the column of vehicles. The line of vehicles is so extensive that it was not entirely captured in today's satellite imagery. In some areas, the vehicles are two to three rows deep.

It is unclear if the convoy is planning to go toward Kyiv's city center or if it will possibly join forces with other Russian troops to encircle the city.
. . .
aeroag14
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

aeroag14 said:

JobSecurity said:

Is this the first time Zelensky himself has requested a no fly zone? This is explicitly asking for others to join the war

This is the first I have seen. Enacting a no fly zone is tantamount to the US declaring war on the Russians.

Zero percent chance that it happens.

Imposing a no fly zone at the behest of the sovereign country whose airspace is would be patrolled is not the same as declaring war. It's not Russia's airspace.

Imposing the no fly zone means that American aircraft/assets will directly shoot down Russian aircraft/assets and vice versa.

That will absolutely escalate to war with russia.
Charpie
AG
He requested the no fly zone at the very beginning of this.
docb
AG
That's my thoughts. We really should flex a little more than we are doing.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

aeroag14 said:

JobSecurity said:

Is this the first time Zelensky himself has requested a no fly zone? This is explicitly asking for others to join the war

This is the first I have seen. Enacting a no fly zone is tantamount to the US declaring war on the Russians.

Imposing a no fly zone at the behest of the sovereign country whose airspace is would be patrolled is not the same as declaring war. It's not Russia's airspace.

And then what happens when a US or other NATO aircraft shoots down a Russian fighter?

All out war, that's what.
powerbelly
AG
Woods Ag said:

I disagree.. It may not be a goal of Putin's, but I have a few Russian friends in Russia, and they grew up friends with Ukrainians. They see them as brother/sisters, friends, family. Many have family ties there or at least ancestry there. I think that's why we've seen a bit of a hesitation and exactly why you are seeing Russians protesting. This is not a popular war in Russia.
They wouldn't have sent the Chechens if the goal was to avoid targeting civilians.

Terror is their specialty.
JobSecurity
AG
Ags4DaWin
SPSAg05 said:

This needs to be fast-tracked.

Not unless they bring something of value to the table.

People realizing that Russia is aggressive and running under the skirt of the American military for protection has the potential to drag us into unnecessary conflict.

we already know how the EU has been a useless member of NATO for almost 30 years now.

we don't need any more of that.
SPSAg05
AG
Faustus said:

Quote:

. . .

Maxar Technologies

A large convoy of Russian armed forces is moving closer to Kyiv. The group of at least several hundred vehicles was initially detected in satellite imagery from Maxar Technologies on Sunday. On Monday, it was approximately 20 miles north of Antonov Airport on the outskirts of Kyiv, and 30 miles from the city limits. The convoy is stretched out over at least 17 miles, with some gaps in the column of vehicles. The line of vehicles is so extensive that it was not entirely captured in today's satellite imagery. In some areas, the vehicles are two to three rows deep.

It is unclear if the convoy is planning to go toward Kyiv's city center or if it will possibly join forces with other Russian troops to encircle the city.
. . .

Just sitting there begging for a brrrrrrt….
BQ_90
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Faustus said:

Quote:

. . .

Maxar Technologies

. . .

Uke has no brrrrrts
No Spin Ag
dtkprowler said:

Don't think Putin cares. Think he would rather go out in a "blaze of glory" than with his tail tucked between his legs.

Just like any pathetic little tinpot dictator.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
RebelE Infantry
AG
Keegan99 said:

Releasing prisoners to fight.

Photo op of EU "application".

Requesting no-fly zone.

Zelensky is doing what he can, but collectively, these indicate that the situation is deteriorating.

I think you're correct.

What is not getting discussed much is that Russian advances roughly pace the maximum speed of any mechanized attack since it's inception.
Woods Ag
AG
I'm differentiating between the soldiers/people and their leadership. Leadership don't give a damn
SPSAg05
AG
BQ_90 said:

SPSAg05 said:

Faustus said:

Quote:

. . .

Maxar Technologies

. . .

Uke has no brrrrrts

I know, but we do, dammit!
one MEEN Ag
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

aeroag14 said:

JobSecurity said:

And then what happens when Russia doesn't abide by your no fly zone. You've got russian fighters in the same airspace as european union or american assets.

If you're going to have a no fly zone, you've got to enforce it. And that means shooting down airplanes. Which is an escalation of war.
JobSecurity
AG
File5
AG
Everyone - Please stop posting whatever random opinion/memes/mental sheisse that you have on this thread, and go post it on the other one reserved for that.

To those posting good content, keep it up.

Mods - maybe make some of us brevet TA generals to keep this clean?
JobSecurity
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG

Reportedly from near Chernihiv. Lots of munitions scattered around.
TomFoolery
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

aeroag14 said:

JobSecurity said:

And then what happens when Russia doesn't abide by your no fly zone. You've got russian fighters in the same airspace as european union or american assets.

If you're going to have a no fly zone, you've got to enforce it. And that means shooting down airplanes. Which is an escalation of war.

I mean Russia can certainly take it as an act of war... so I guess it depends if we are talking in theory or in reality. The US had naval vessels and citizens "attacked" multiple times in the lead up to WW2 and they were never considered a formal declaration of war by those county on the US.

That being said, not trying to debate how the Russian govt would view the action... definitely agree they would sell it as an act of war by the US/NATO
spud1910
AG
Woods Ag said:

I disagree.. It may not be a goal of Putin's, but I have a few Russian friends in Russia, and they grew up friends with Ukrainians. They see them as brother/sisters, friends, family. Many have family ties there or at least ancestry there. I think that's why we've seen a bit of a hesitation and exactly why you are seeing Russians protesting. This is not a popular war in Russia.
Very true Woods. My wife is from Moscow. Yesterday she talked to family in both Moscow and Odessa. It is a complicated country.
JobSecurity
AG
Who?mikejones!
Sounds like a turbo prop
aeroag14
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Sounds like a turbo prop

Agree. TU-95?!
andrewch783
AG
TomFoolery said:

one MEEN Ag said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

aeroag14 said:

JobSecurity said:

I mean Russia can certainly take it as an act of war... so I guess it depends if we are talking in theory or in reality. The US had naval vessels and citizens "attacked" multiple times in the lead up to WW2 and they were never considered a formal declaration of war by those county on the US.

That being said, not trying to debate how the Russian govt would view the action... definitely agree they would sell it as an act of war by the US/NATO

There's no debate on how Russian leadership would view American assets, piloted by Americans, shooting down Russian assets over Ukraine. It would 100% be considered an act of war.
AgBQ-00
AG
aeroag14 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Sounds like a turbo prop

Agree. TU-95?!
Most likely, yes

You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
GarryowenAg
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Looks like it was hit from an air strike.
JobSecurity
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG

Give that RU holds much of the southern region, I'm going to speculate that was a Ukrainian drone being shot down. Could be wrong though.
dtkprowler
AG
Would a drone be operating that "low" or at least it appears low altitude to me
Ag87H2O
AG
JobSecurity said:

Wow. The devastating financial side of this is going to force Putin to be removed one way or another. The Russian economy is going to crater quickly, and none of the countries or companies leveling the sanctions is going to be willing to back off if he is still running the show. His seat has to be getting very hot, especially with the oligarchs bankrolls on the line. I don't see how he survives for much longer.
jabberwalkie09
AG
GarryowenAg said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Looks like it was hit from an air strike.

Ukrainian drone maybe?
Faustus
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/world/europe/ukraine-maps.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

Quote:

. . .
Russian Rockets Hit Kharkiv, and Troops Move to Encircle Kyiv

Russian rockets on Monday hit a residential neighborhood in Kharkiv, Ukraine's second largest city, killing dozens of people, according to Ukrainian officials. Videos of the attacks appear to show the most aggressive targeting of a civilian area by Russian airstrikes since the invasion began five days ago.

Ukrainian forces retained control of major cities. But Russian troops have moved to towns west of Kyiv, the capital, including Borodianka, according to Ukrainian officials and videos of the fighting. The movement may be an attempt to encircle Kyiv and cut off supply lines to arms and other military equipment arriving from E.U. countries.

Source: New York Times reporting; Institute for the Study of War. Russian-occupied areas as of 4 p.m. Eastern on Feb. 27. The New York Times

Russian troops in southern Ukraine continued to advance, capturing the coastal city of Berdiansk. Russian airstrikes hit Zaporizhzhia, up the Dnipr river, according to Ukrainian officials. And Russian officials claimed to take control of a nearby town, Ererhodar, although Ukrainian officials disputed this.
. . .
jabberwalkie09
AG
dtkprowler said:

Would a drone be operating that "low" or at least it appears low altitude to me

Drones still have to climb and descend. From what I've seen on the radar trackers and on twitter, the Ukrainian drones that Turkey supplies operate much lower altitude and at a much slower air speed compare to our drones.

I thought it might has been a Ukrainian drone because this is somewhere in the south east of the Dneiper where the Russians have more control and Russians probably have RUMINT (rumor intelligence, basically scuttlebutt) running around about it their comrades in the north getting their asses kicked by these.
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.