***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,552,011 Views | 47732 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by 74OA
Ag87H2O
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PJYoung said:

This man has a lot to fight for. Beautiful family.

This is also the kind of character you want in the person leading a country.
nortex97
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Ag87H2O said:

Pinabobina said:

CNN on tv (I know, don't judge. I usually watch Fox but they had ex-prez of Ukraine on) reporting peace talks as a 3 mile convoy of Russian tanks are headed to Kyiv at the exact same time. Also bombs down on Kharkiv

That's speaks more than what is happening in that meeting.

I wonder if Putin has a grasp of what we are seeing? Perhaps those around him are afraid to report the losses?

Seems to me you could hit the front end with Javelins and/or NLAWS and stop the whole thing in its tracks. Then wait for night and start picking off the rest. Like sitting ducks.

They'd just push those vehicles put of the way. Better to blow the road.
Somewhere, A-10 pilots are just salivating at the thought...brrrrrrp.
swc93
AG
74OA said:

Great article on the financial sanctions. I wasn't aware that we were also able to cut Putin off from the $600B he touted as Russia's "war chest" which would allow it to weather any Western sanctions.

"The new banking restrictions are arguably the most serious form of economic retaliation yet approved by the Western powers in response to Russia's attack on Ukraine. They are aimed at preventing Putin from using his sizable financial reserves totaling more than $600 billion to stabilize the Russian economy in the face of other sanctions and economic measures imposed by the West."

SANCTIONS[url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-european-allies-freeze-putins-war-chest-as-russia-careens-toward-economic-crisis/ar-AAUpyWR?li=BBnb7Kz][/url]
Good news about the war chest getting hit; I think the value of that chest was going to go down dramatically as well; read this this morning discussing the collapse of the Russian market.
Quote:

In mid-morning in Moscow, the Russian central bank raised its key interest rate from 9.5% to 20% in an effort to stem the rouble's slump, and the country's finance ministry ordered companies with foreign-currency revenues to convert 80% of their income into roubles.

Economist's rouble collapse
Robert C. Christian
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

ttu_85 said:

rgag12 said:

ttu_85 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Phone recovered from a presumably dead Russian soldier with conversation with his mom. She asks if he's still in school in Crimea and he tells her he's not in school, he's killing civilians in Ukraine. He says they were told they'd be welcomed as liberators but civilians are throwing themselves under their vehicles to stop them and are calling them fascists.

If the Russian gov kidnapped and forced these kids into war telling them they cant tell their families anything.

Why do they have phones ??? I'm just a lowly tech Tard can someone explain this to me.

Don't believe everything on the internet. Smells like some pro-Ukrainian propaganda to me.
"Gee thanks man." Tard rolls eyes.

The fact that people cant see it as propaganda is very disconcerning

I've stopped posting videos of POWs or KIAs but there are lots of videos out there of POWs calling home to tell mom and dad to try and stop the war. Please understand the difference in understanding what is and isn't propaganda, and sharing what is happening in the war. Of course the image I shared is propaganda. It's directly from the Ukrainian government. But I believe seeing it is useful just like knowing that we created the myth in WW2 that carrots made out pilots eyes superior to Germans (when in fact we had defeated the enigma.

I just want to point out that carrots and better eyesight weren't tied to the enigma machine. This was British propaganda/cover up to explain how their pilots were able to take out bombers at night. The British used this explanation to were hide the use of new radar from the Germans.

Anyways, carry on.
TxAgIB
AG
A squad of a-10s unleashing down those straight highways would be one of the most beautiful sights ever seen in war. Would probably be the easiest combat missions they'd ever fly.
BadMoonRisin
AG
holy crap. can you imagine? going from 9.5% interest to 20% interest overnight?
Who?mikejones!
swc93
AG
TxAgIB said:

A squad of a-10s unleashing down those straight highways would be one of the most beautiful sights ever seen in war. Would probably be the easiest combat missions they'd ever fly.
Like a bonus round in a video game.
Dilettante
Maybe I'm missing something, but from looking up the Convention on Cluster Munitions it seems like the USA is also not a signatory. It seems weird to criticize Russia for something we haven't agreed not to use.
ABATTBQ11
AG
flakrat said:

Yet another example that the A10 continues to be relevant.

Maybe. Depends on the level of enemy air defense. The A-10 is survivable, but not indestructible. That convoy is probably defended by a ton of mobile SAM units that could fire dozens of missiles at anything low and slow like an A-10. It can bring a lot of firepower, but it needs to be able to get close enough to use it and not die.
MouthBQ98
AG
You don't have to destroy them all. You only have to immobilize them and prevent them from getting to where they are needed. In some sense, if most of them remain intact but can't be deployed, they are still consuming fuel and supplies while not contributing to the battle.
PJYoung
AG
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/new-atlanticist/live-experts-russia-ukraine-putin-biden/#the-west-brings-down-the-hammer-on-the-russian-economy

Quote:

Moscow has for months downplayed the threat of sanctions by pointing to its massive, $630 billion stash of foreign reserves as sufficient to weather the sanctions storm. They have even called it Fortress Russia. Well, in one fell swoop, Fortress Russia is no more, and the Russian economy will pay the price. This is an action truly without precedent in the economic world and will have dire consequences for the ruble, inflation, and just about all other Russian economic indicators.

Quote:

The G7 has done something it has never done before frozen the assets of a G20 member. Sanctioning the Russian Central Bank was considered a remote possibility by senior US officials only a week ago. Today, hundreds of billions of dollars and euros will remain untouchable. To put that in perspective, the amount of money that is now outside of Vladimir Putin's grasp is the size of Austria's entire economy.

There is one thing these sanctions cannot touchgold. Through its massive gold reserves held in Moscow (estimated at $140 billion), the central bank may be able to avoid a total collapse. But it can no longer serve as a backstop to the Russian financial system. That means all the commercial banks now under heavy sanctions could fail.
SPSAg05
AG
TRM
AG
In Belarus
JasonD2005
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

This made my morning. Thanks.
TRM
AG
Charpie
AG
What's crazy in all of this is that CNN is actually able to report from the Russian side without issue. I mean, they have a reporter at a military staging area in Russia. He's reporting live what tanks and artillery are headed into Ukraine in real time. Even the anchors in the US said this morning how unreal it was for Putin to let this happen.
ttu_85
Ag87H2O said:

Pinabobina said:

CNN on tv (I know, don't judge. I usually watch Fox but they had ex-prez of Ukraine on) reporting peace talks as a 3 mile convoy of Russian tanks are headed to Kyiv at the exact same time. Also bombs down on Kharkiv

That's speaks more than what is happening in that meeting.

I wonder if Putin has a grasp of what we are seeing? Perhaps those around him are afraid to report the losses?

Seems to me you could hit the front end with Javelins and/or NLAWS and stop the whole thing in its tracks. Then wait for night and start picking off the rest. Like sitting ducks.
Get the back end too. Note that would take some stealthly, brave, heavily armed SOB's. If you book-ended that formation you could eat it alive.

We did stuff like that to Nazi formations in 1944 to 1945. P-47's were ideal for that job but you can do it with ground forces with the right tools such as the javelin or MLaw
BenTheGoodAg
AG
An A-10 pilot's wet dream. Brrrt!
pv
Hope Ukraine has that ability right now
WolfCall
AG
Great reporting out of Kharkiv about Russians penetrating the Ukrainian defenses only to be ambushed when they got in the city.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/02/27/dispatch-russians-rolled-kharkiv-like-victors-another-disaster/
Quote:

The Russians rolled into Kharkiv like victors, but it was another disaster for them
After four days the Russian army continues to be outwitted by Ukrainians determined not to concede an inch to the invaders

By Roland Oliphant, SENIOR FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT, IN KHARKIV 28 February 2022 10:27am

lb3
AG
Dilettante said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but from looking up the Convention on Cluster Munitions it seems like the USA is also not a signatory. It seems weird to criticize Russia for something we haven't agreed not to use.
In that case, time to transfer some CBU-97s. They have 10 cassettes that spin at a very high rate, flinging 4 discus each that seek individual targets.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ioe20
Ag In Ok
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

China is positioned to damn near buy out Russia. The orient overtaking the Rus.
AggieChemE09
AG
Ag In Ok said:

BadMoonRisin said:

They are going to be a match made in hell. China is low on women due to the One-Child policy, and Russia is well on its way to being low on men.
MouthBQ98
AG
Charpie said:

What's crazy in all of this is that CNN is actually able to report from the Russian side without issue. I mean, they have a reporter at a military staging area in Russia. He's reporting live what tanks and artillery are headed into Ukraine in real time. Even the anchors in the US said this morning how unreal it was for Putin to let this happen.

They have enough air superiority to be confident they won't get attacked until they reach the front, and they want their forces to be seen for propaganda purposes. They want the defenders to feel like they'll be overwhelmed.
B-1 83
AG
How useful are Malatov cocktails against modern vehicles? It would seem like a suicide mission unless the Russians are stupid enough to send in a couple of buttoned up vehicles by themselves.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
SPSAg05
AG

Hungary needs to s*** or get off the pot.
nortex97
AG
The Ukrainians do/did operate, for the record, some (about 15 or 17) of the Su-25 "Frogfoot" aircraft that was really…a copy (roughly) of the Northrop YA-9A competitor in the contract that led to the A-10. It is highly effective, and the Russians have also lost one I think but I haven't read anything about the Ukrainians deploying any yet.

I think they are/were located down toward the Black Sea though.

Quote:

After restoring many of its old, grounded Frogfoots, the Ukrainian air force now operates around 31 of the planes in a single brigade at Mykolaiv on the Black Sea coast. Another dozen or so remain in storage.

The Russian air force for its part has nearly 200 Su-25s in four regiments plus an independent squadron. Three regiments with five squadrons between themaround 80 Frogfoots, in allbelong to the Southern Military District, whose forces are within easy striking range of Ukraine.
I think Mykolaiv has been taken and/or destroyed by the Russians, but I dunno really.
ttu_85
Ag In Ok said:

BadMoonRisin said:

China is just setting back licking its chops. If we had a competent government I wouldn't be so worried here.
We need eyes, lots of eyes on China.
MouthBQ98
AG
The flames Can block vision and make it uncomfortable inside, harder to breathe in some vehicles, and damage exterior systems. If it gets underneath a stationary vehicle, it can start rubber parts or hoses burning and do enough damage to disable the vehicle. It's not terribly effective but can be problematic.
Dilettante
B-1 83 said:

How useful are Malatov cocktails against modern vehicles? It would seem like a suicide mission unless the Russians are stupid enough to send in a couple of buttoned up vehicles by themselves.
There are some videos of people throwing them on armor. The vehicles seem unaffected, and do not take any action against the people who threw them. It seems like a symbolic action to me, unless you're throwing them on a person.
IDaggie06
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Exhibit A on why you can't believe everything Ukraine puts out and disregard everything Russia puts out. Same with believing every tweet out there including on this thread. I'd guess only 30% of them are accurate. In this case, Russia was the ones saying this was all fake news and they were not killed but people said they were lying. Obviously Russia (along with China) are the kings of propaganda but it's not all one sided.
TRM
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Hungary needs to s*** or get off the pot.
Still plenty of ways to get to Ukraine. Just restricts movement from Hungary to Romania to Ukraine.

brad5q
AG
There was a flyer Ukes put out on where to hit tanks and armor carriers for effectiveness
Ag BQ '80
TRM
AG
IDaggie06 said:

SPSAg05 said:

Exhibit A on why you can't believe everything Ukraine puts out and disregard everything Russia puts out. Same with believing every tweet out there including on this thread. I'd guess only 30% of them are accurate. In this case, Russia was the ones saying this was all fake news and they were not killed but people said they were lying. Obviously Russia (along with China) are the kings of propaganda but it's not all one sided.

I think most agree the tweet and it's commentary is better suited for the other Russia/Ukraine thread.
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.