***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,552,652 Views | 47733 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 74OA
SidsBurnerAccount
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Build It said:

Kaliningrad Is already proposing a referendum to secede from Russia over the war. I'm thinking Putin stomps this out quickly. The next leader may face some break away regions.

Where did you see this?
Not a Bot
AG
I do think Russia planned this operation with a goal of winning without a lot of their newer tech, either due to cost or secrecy.
Build It
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ukrinform.net/amp/rubric-society/3408416-russian-in-warsaw-declares-intention-to-initiate-kaliningrads-secession-from-russia.html

This was a week ago. They are really pissed now. Big protests going on there.
TAMUallen
AG
Captain Positivity said:

I do think Russia planned this operation with a goal of winning without a lot of their newer tech, either due to cost or secrecy.

I think Russia planned to roll in with minor losses but mainly the Ukrainians surrendering
SidsBurnerAccount
Build It said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ukrinform.net/amp/rubric-society/3408416-russian-in-warsaw-declares-intention-to-initiate-kaliningrads-secession-from-russia.html

Thank you
fightingfarmer09
Spoke with my coworker in Kyiv.

He seems oddly calm though all of this, though he did live in Crimea during that ordeal.

He said the hot spots are tough. But most of the city is calm. Ukrainians are a different breed. Basically all the Russian troops near his area have been "very stupid" and are now dead.

The Ukraine citizens can block a road and make the Russians slow down and that's how they end up dead. Very young troops.
Not a Bot
AG
That was definitely the plan. Now that they are bogged down the ports in the south and rails to Belarus will be important.
fullback44
AG
Build It said:

Lots of Russians are against what Putin is doing, invading Ukraine just stirred up the hornets nest within Russia.. Putin's island must be getting a lot smaller, oligarchs aren't happy either
buzzardb267
AG
I know this was discussed very early on, but just talked to my son-in-law at Ft. Benning. He said before this kicked off, they were told the ruskies would be fighting at night and that their night vision was on par with ours. Guess everyone has intel misses.
RangerRick9211
AG
TheCougarHunter
AG
buzzardb267 said:

I know this was discussed very early on, but just talked to my son-in-law at Ft. Benning. He said before this kicked off, they were told the ruskies would be fighting at night and that their night vision was on par with ours. Guess everyone has intel misses.
They do have NVD's. Doesn't change the fact basic command and control and fighting at night is very difficult without significant training. Doing it in an urban environment against a peer adversary and a fully armed populace is near suicide.
Irish 2.0
Your kids CO needs to stay off Twitter
Eliminatus
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

Spoke with my coworker in Kyiv.

He seems oddly calm though all of this, though he did live in Crimea during that ordeal.

He said the hot spots are tough. But most of the city is calm. Ukrainians are a different breed. Basically all the Russian troops near his area have been "very stupid" and are now dead.

The Ukraine citizens can block a road and make the Russians slow down and that's how they end up dead. Very young troops.
Absolutely. The tactical situation is the worst in big cities.

Take the below video reportedly from Kharkiv today.

Extremely narrow streets, an unsecure neighborhood, just a few guntrucks for overwatch.... This is tailor made for small unit ambushes and matches everything we have seen to date. Russian forces getting separated and then destroyed in job lots. Like the below also in Kharkiv last night.

Russia is taking heavy losses. No number of photoshop, greenscreen, CGI, etc can fake all of this. There is propaganda galore flying round but there are also hard facts. Russia has not captured a major city yet, they are taking heavy losses, Uke fighters and air are still operating and doing so effectively, and Russia/Putin is number one bad guy in the world right now. I haven't seen such solidarity in a long time. Not even Saddam garnered this much universal hate and attention.
TRM
AG
W
AG
it seems like the Russians are trying to capture cities without destroying them.

and that's just a losing hand
TAMUallen
AG
W said:

it seems like the Russians are trying to capture cities without destroying them.

and that's just a losing hand

So far...

I think it's a short matter of time until things escalate
W
AG
it reminds about one of General Sherman's quotes about war...

which modern generals & military planners have ignored in the last 50+ years:

"Every attempt to make war easy and safe will result in humiliation and disaster."
txags92
AG
TRM said:

Why on earth would you go to negotiate on the territory of the country that just announced they would join the war against you? Aren't negotiations typically held in some neutral location?
fullback44
AG
TRM said:

Why go there ? I hope they don't take these people captive .. I don't agree with this
W
AG
there's a lot about this war that doesn't make any sense.

negotiating in Belarus would just be another one
Comeby!
AG
txags92 said:

TRM said:

Why on earth would you go to negotiate on the territory of the country that just announced they would join the war against you? Aren't negotiations typically held in some neutral location?

How will you get there safely if you're the Uke president ?
GigEmRangers75455
Uke president isn't going there.
fullback44
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

WOW, click on this Twitter link and read through it, Russian propaganda channel, look at how they explain what is going on.. not what we are seeing in any way
Die Hard Ag
AG
Both sides and all media outlets say Kyiv is surrounded. Help me out here..

Google shows Kyiv to be 324 square miles. Chicago is smaller by 1/3 with an area of 234 square miles. Both have a populations of roughly 3M people. How many of these ragtag troops and how much of their broke ass equipment is dedicated to this "siege"? Are these the only Russian troops that are fully supplied/fed/fueled?

Say they do have the city surrounded. How thinly must they be spread out and shouldn't they be pretty easy to hit from behind assuming all remaining Ukrainian troops aren't within the city?

Semper Fi
TRM
AG
Air raid sirens in the live stream.
TRM
AG
fullback44 said:

RangerRick9211 said:

WOW, click on this Twitter link and read through it, Russian propaganda channel, look at how they explain what is going on.. not what we are seeing in any way
fooz
Bomb sirens are going off on the multifeed.
ABATTBQ11
AG
For everyone doubting Ukraine's estimates on Russian losses, I think it's safe to say they're steep AF. Their KIA has to be in the thousands, and maybe over ten thousand. They can't keep losing armored columns like that and not be facing steep losses.
fooz
fooz said:

Can hear explosions but don't see anything.
TRM
AG
fooz said:

fooz said:

Can hear explosions but don't see anything.
Steve Harrigan just said on Fox News it was on the outskirts of town.
fooz
Stat Monitor Repairman
Alfred Thayer Mahan watching this go down like ghost Obi Wan.
Wrec86 Ag
Ukraine and their former actor President are absolutely smoking Russia and their old school dictator in the PR game….. and it's legitimately making a huge difference in this war.

The whole world (essentially) has unified behind Ukraine and the defense of their country. The social media aspect of this war is going to be studied for just as long as the actual military tactics.
GigEmRangers75455
Live feed (trying to keep it on the most recent page)

fooz
Hearing explosions but not seeing anything.
First Page Last Page
Page 130 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.