***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,552,638 Views | 47733 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 74OA
flashplayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Russians are lucky if the Ukraine military isn't taking the SS approach (when presented by allied soldiers their list of rights under the Geneva convention, they replied "not good" and summarily executed them)
FireAg
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/27/two-top-russian-billionaires-speak-out-against-invasion-of-ukraine?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Oligarchs moaning.

That's actually very significant news…
Comeby!
AG
TAMUallen said:

aggiehawg said:

TAMUallen said:

aggiehawg said:

wildmen09 said:

EX TEXASEX said:

I feel sorry for these poor *******s. Conscripts, you know they didn't want to be there. Hell, a few look
like they got their pubs this year !

I actually believe them but the "no need to come here" is extremely scripted. Hard to tell if they're being "persuaded" to say that line. Clearly against our Code of Conduct, I would assume they have similar rules.
Agree. That is poor form.

Unfortunately, there's a propaganda war that is just as important right now as anything. If Russian support for war on the Ukraine is as low as propaganda says then this is certainly the lesser of any evil
I'm sorry. My mind just isn't in WW3 mind set yet. Hope I am correct.

Worse than WW3 is the use of nukes that's being dangled in front of us again. Cold War on repeat but in a more desperate manner that's even more unstable and unpredictable

My parents once told me to take the first punch then start throwing. I got sat on my ass in the 3rd grade for that.
Don't take that first punch.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
It's huge
JobSecurity
AG

Irish 2.0
I'll admit now and I owe GAC06 an apology. I never thought that Russia wood take it this far (beyond Donbas) because I work in international business and their GDP is reliant on over 40% of international trade. There is no nice guy in this anymore. Y'all need to stop looking at treaties that were signed by people that never dreamed about the technological advances we have today and see we're at WAR. Whether or not our men/women are on the ground this is war and there is no treaty, convention, memorandum to be recognized.

So, GAC06, my bad. I thought it was Putin posturing for Donbas, but that crazy SOB went there and turned all of western society and even some in the east against him. Hermit Kingdom 2.0 is fully engaged
FireAg
AG
JobSecurity said:

That is a huge development too…

Putin better watch his back…
Not a Bot
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/27/two-top-russian-billionaires-speak-out-against-invasion-of-ukraine?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Oligarchs moaning.

He's going to be dead of suicide within 48 hours.
TAMUallen
AG
FireAg said:

JobSecurity said:

It will be, at minimum, a full day closure.
GigEmRangers75455
Putin is clearly backed into a corner. The pressure from the rest of the world and his own citizens makes him a wounded dog. Really hoping someone within reach of him puts the wounded dog down.
fullback44
AG
JobSecurity said:

Are they telling Putin to stop the war? However you look at this, Putin is screwed, he's being pressured from people all over the world and now his own people are not in favor of what he's doing. The richest Russians aren't in favor of his actions. He may be done in Russia?
Robk
https://twitter.com/USEmbassyKyiv/status/1498159786390654977?s=20&t=kzyyC2nK55yn3ACIlozfPw

New warning for Americans to GTFO of Ukraine
TAMUallen
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Putin is clearly backed into a corner. The pressure from the rest of the world and his own citizens makes him a wounded dog. Really hoping someone within reach of him puts the wounded dog down.

I don't think he cares about the rest of the world. In his mind it's the new Soviet Union. What concerns me is he's trying to act on that and that his plan is going horribly which means desperation emerges
JobSecurity
AG
Robk said:

fixed. when you post a tweet delete the ? and everything after it
Not a Bot
AG
Aggies75455 said:

That's the only thing which will stop this without further mass death in Ukraine, IMO. Unfortunately, there is no Politburo. Putin is Tsar. He answers to no one in his inner circle. His inner circle is approving of the things he does.
Comeby!
AG
TAMUallen said:

Aggies75455 said:

I don't think he cares about the rest of the world. In his mind it's the new Soviet Union. What concerns me is he's trying to act on that and that his plan is going horribly which means desperation emerges

I hope he goes the way of Saddam Hussein.
Not a Bot
AG
Have to also consider the risks as to who takes over if deposed. His party is really three nationalist parties working together. The 2nd biggest party is the communists. It's not like if they collapse there will suddenly be a more democratic way of doing things.
Irish 2.0
Robk said:

https://twitter.com/USEmbassyKyiv/status/1498159786390654977?s=20&t=kzyyC2nK55yn3ACIlozfPw

Any American still in Ukraine right now knows why they're there now. This is just state department covering their ass.
Ulrich
Irish 2.0 said:

Robk said:

Any American still in Ukraine right now knows why they're there now. This is just state department covering their ass.

If the Russian tanks didn't tip them off, I don't think a tweet is going to do it.
10Aggie10
AG
How have the T-14's been performing?
GigEmRangers75455
TAMUallen said:

Aggies75455 said:

I don't think he cares about the rest of the world either. However, when his own people completely revolt due to the actions of the rest of the world, what choice will he have? His desperation scares me but if someone close could get him before he does anything crazier then they'll instantly be a world hero.
Build It
AG
Kaliningrad Is already proposing a referendum to secede from Russia over the war. I'm thinking Putin stomps this out quickly. The next leader may face some break away regions.
Eliminatus
AG
10Aggie10 said:

I have been combing the cameras since minute one for them and have not seen, nor heard of a single one the entire time.

We do know that their stocks of them are extremely limited and high suspicions of their reliability overall anyways. I've been on the lookout to see their true capability in hostile territory and reckoned it would telegraph true Russian strategy. They wouldn't use them to **** around with militia in the countryside but would use them in major attacks. If some were spotted I would surmise that there is a serious goal in their sights.

But nothing yet. At this rate, doubt it will happen either maybe.

Unless someone else has knowledge of them I missed?
MouthBQ98
AG
I haven't heard of any being deployed. They are probably reserved for units assigned opposite NATO nations.
Irish 2.0
Just wait until the Chechens decide this isn't their fight…
10Aggie10
AG
Thanks.

I had been on the lookout too and hadn't heard or seen anything. I decided to ask in here because I know there are some knowledgeable folks around.
fullback44
AG
Don't know much about Vox, but this article gives a fairly good explanation as to why there has not been a "No Fly Zone" established by the US in the Ukraine ..

This article also gives some insight as to why the US has been "somewhat" quiet about the entire situation..

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2022/2/27/22952220/ukraine-russia-no-fly-zone-nuclear-war

I guess this seems to make sense, no need to provoke Putin more, let the EU country's do that
GAC06
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I'll admit now and I owe GAC06 an apology. I never thought that Russia wood take it this far (beyond Donbas) because I work in international business and their GDP is reliant on over 40% of international trade. There is no nice guy in this anymore. Y'all need to stop looking at treaties that were signed by people that never dreamed about the technological advances we have today and see we're at WAR. Whether or not our men/women are on the ground this is war and there is no treaty, convention, memorandum to be recognized.

So, GAC06, my bad. I thought it was Putin posturing for Donbas, but that crazy SOB went there and turned all of western society and even some in the east against him. Hermit Kingdom 2.0 is fully engaged

Thank you, I'm no expert, and I apologize for plenty of drunk posts. I hope this ends with a relatively peaceful non-nuclear finish
TheCougarHunter
AG
10Aggie10 said:

I don't think they actually have T-14's yet.

Seen a few disabled T-90's though.
Irish 2.0
GAC06 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Thank you, I'm no expert, and I apologize for plenty of drunk posts. I hope this ends with a relatively peaceful non-nuclear finish

GigEmRangers75455
Not sure if accurate but what wiki says about T-14s.
deddog
AG
Eliminatus said:

10Aggie10 said:

I have been combing the cameras since minute one for them and have not seen, nor heard of a single one the entire time.

We do know that their stocks of them are extremely limited and high suspicions of their reliability overall anyways. I've been on the lookout to see their true capability in hostile territory and reckoned it would telegraph true Russian strategy. They wouldn't use them to **** around with militia in the countryside but would use them in major attacks. If some were spotted I would surmise that there is a serious goal in their sights.

But nothing yet. At this rate, doubt it will happen either maybe.

Unless someone else has knowledge of them I missed?
I don't even think they've started serial production.

I've seen T-90s, T-72s, lots of BMDs and BMP-3s. And of course MT-LBs
TRM
AG
FireAg said:

JobSecurity said:

Currency market still opens at 10. Stock market will open at 3 if it does.
JB!98
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

10Aggie10 said:

I made a comment way back about Russia's on paper capabilities and reality. I mentioned a new tank breaking down during a parade and sure enough it was a T-14 during the Victory parade. Reading that Wiki about it, I don't think Ivan is going to have the cash to go ahead with that project or any others when this is over. Maybe we can sell the next guy some classic M-60 or M-48 Patton tanks. That is if we are all not glowing in the next week or so.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Eliminatus
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

10Aggie10 said:

Some quick google fu told me that the initial planned run was postponed for a quite a while. Reasoning being that the current gen T72s, 80s, and 90s, were good enough to fight for a long while. Extremely ironic considering what we have all just seen in the last 96 hours.

A small run of around 20 is expected by now. Highly doubt they would commit them in this situation. Especially now. That is a tiny number. I figured sub 100 but not that small.

Russia has been exposed at so many levels now. I puzzled for days to surmise what the hell they were doing. I was thinking feints, ruses, traps, misdirection, etc. Nah, pretty clear that Russia fought just flat out fought terribly from overall strategy down to platoon level maneuvers. I am still shocked at how bad they executed this thing. That mixed with a Uke resistance that is frankly, historically inspiring, and I no longer see how Russia can pull anything positive out of this on the ground in Ukraine. Only massive reinforcements from the mainland and I am not sure they have the time to do that anymore. Also barring the nuclear card. That is beyond my realm and goes into pure theoretical.
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.