***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,553,580 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regarding training in the jets: The planes being sent are Soviet built, so Ukrainian pilots are already trained in flying them.

Second, I'd be willing to bet that you could take almost any modern fighter pilot, and train them to take off, maneuver, and land, in 30 minutes to an hour. Heck, I flew a T-6 Texan II simulator to a safe landing, as a mere private pilot.

What takes weeks of study, and hours and hours in the cockpit, is what to do when Stuff Hits the Fan. Emergency procedures, complex maneuvers, weapons systems, comm systems, etc. etc. There are pages of emergency boldface alone.
Build It
AG
Interesting since we are still buying their oil.
Charpie
AG
Would be happened later today(early Monday) for the Ukes
Strongweasel97
AG
nhamp07 said:

Rubio has been spot on in earlier days honestly.

There's a reason he's spot on.

As a sitting intelligence committee member, Rubio is definitely sending not-so-cryptic messages to Russians, or hopefully "cabinet" level Russians and those close to Putin. Pretty cool stuff (relatively speaking with a war going on) we get to see in real time.
powerbelly
AG
David Wallace said:

Putin could be using the threat to take Kiev as a distraction. Thus leaving the coastline and other major points of interest more open for Russian forces to occupy.

Then he will say "ok, lets make peace"

While the coast is important for the gas fields him not getting Kiev would be humiliating
B-1 83
AG
I'm more curious about those fighters that were supposed to be in the air over Ukraine a few hours ago…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
JobSecurity
AG
Lukashenko had promised to ground forces in Belarus for the talks. There won't be any negotiation if Belarus is not only not stopping Russian forces but also launching their own attacks, right? That was the only potential off-ramp for Putin.. not sure what else would give him cover to withdraw with a small 'win'
Dan Scott
AG
I'm just speculating. With Belarus now committing to the war, A meeting of the allies tomorrow could be to gauge how far they want to escalate things.
Irish 2.0
JobSecurity said:

Has anyone seen anything in the last 6 hours or so regarding the talks between Russia and Ukraine that were supposed to happen near the Belarus border? I would assume these announcements about Belarus joining Russian forces means that either didn't happen or wasn't successful.

They're supposed to happen this morning still. No comments on them being broken off. It's only 5am there
nhamp07
AG
Strongweasel97 said:

nhamp07 said:

As a sitting intelligence committee member, Rubio is definitely sending not-so-cryptic messages to Russians, or hopefully "cabinet" level Russians and those close to Putin. Pretty cool stuff (relatively speaking with a war going on) we get to see in real time.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at.
Jayhawk
It may well be the case that Lukashenko no longer has control over the disposition of Belarus armed forces.

I think he may have done an Attalus of Pergamum type deal with Putin where they let him sit on the throne and he pledges his kingdom to Russia in his will...
Irish 2.0
B-1 83 said:

I'm more curious about those fighters that were supposed to be in the air over Ukraine a few hours ago…..

What fighters…
MSCAg
AG
If Belarus is getting involved, the Russians must be desperate.

If they don't have control within the next week, this whole thing my really far apart. Europe may get emboldened to go in and kick a weak Russia out.
WolfCall
AG
Nice video clip of drone strike against Russians.
I think the Russians thought the Ukraine military might vamoose like the Afghan military did. Rude awakening for them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10558543/Ukraines-Air-Force-claims-launch-successful-drone-strikes-obliterating-Russian-convoys.html
Quote:

Ukraine releases footage of two drone strikes obliterating Russian convoys: Air Force releases footage of attacks using Turkish-made drones

• The Ukrainian military published a video on Sunday which shows a Turkish armed drone carrying out strikes against Russian forces
  • Aerial footage was shot by a Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drone
  • Video was published on the Facebook page of the Ukraine forces' commander-in-chief, who said the strike took place near the city of Malyn, northwest of Kyiv
  • On Saturday, Ukrainian forces released video from a drone video which showed another Russian convoy being struck, this time in the southern city of Kherson
By JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 21:14 EST, 27 February 2022 | UPDATED: 21:52 EST, 27 February 2022
Irish 2.0
I wouldn't doubt this. Lukashenko doesn't control Belarus, Putin does. A general that direct reports to Putin has no problem circumventing him to do what Putin says.
JobSecurity
AG
OSIntDefender twitter space is up again
Irish 2.0
It'll be sunrise in Kiev in about 90mins and as far as I can tell, it's still under Ukrainian control…not a good look for the supposed Monday deadline.
i is smart
AG
Make sure some of you guys read the OP before posting. I had to remind myself and constantly forget which thread I'm in.
agsalaska
AG
MSCAg said:

If Belarus is getting involved, the Russians must be desperate.

If they don't have control within the next week, this whole thing my really far apart. Europe may get emboldened to go in and kick a weak Russia out.
A week?

I give them maybe 72 hours. Tops.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Carlo4
AG
Sorry if already posted. Mercenaries on the ground for the Russians.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10558749/Kremlin-sends-400-mercenaries-Kyiv-assassinate-President-Zelensky.html
outofstateaggie
AG
dtkprowler said:

What does this mean? Is it good or bad?
BadMoonRisin
AG
PMCs? if PMCs are allowed, we should have a lot of Blackwater... erm excuse me Academi dudes looking to get rich off of butt****ing the Russians.

Those guys dont play.
jobu93
AG
The EU escalation- I didnt see that coming at all.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
David Wallace said:

Putin could be using the threat to take Kiev as a distraction. Thus leaving the coastline and other major points of interest more open for Russian forces to occupy.

Kyiv is the birthplace of Russia and Eastern Orthodox religion… he wants Kyiv
SidsBurnerAccount

fullback44
AG
nhamp07 said:

Strongweasel97 said:

nhamp07 said:

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at.

Maybe I was off, Marco may be aiming these messages at the Russian cabinet members, not trying to scare us citizens
Irish 2.0
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

David Wallace said:

Kyiv is the birthplace of Russia and Eastern Orthodox religion… he wants Kyiv

He wants it intact. He can't lay siege and full on assault on it.

That's the crux that will hurt them the most IMO
cjo03
AG
Russian friend who's parents still live in Russia:

"Talked to mom and dad last night. They are only watching official tv of course, and they are convinced Russian troops are nowhere near Kiev. They believe Ukrainian bandits are killing troops in Donbas."

Irish 2.0
Aimed at everyone. Also openly saying that Putin has an interior leak and if push comes to shove the US can jump his moves if the action truly calls for it
outofstateaggie
AG
oldmanguy said:

The EU escalation- I didnt see that coming at all.
I didn't either and it has me puzzled. What's the end game? Get rid of Putin? Then what? Restore map to pre-invasion? Place a govt/leadership in Russia that could eventually enter EU? What does that world look like?
EKUAg
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

PMCs? if PMCs are allowed, we should have a lot of Blackwater... erm excuse me Academi dudes looking to get rich off of butt****ing the Russians.

Those guys dont play.

Zelensky called out for international volunteers to come fight for Ukraine...

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-international-legion-foreigners-join-fight-2022-2
RangerRick9211
AG
EKUAg said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Those guys dont play.

Zelensky called out for international volunteers to come fight for Ukraine...

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-international-legion-foreigners-join-fight-2022-2

You can never know for sure, but Reddit does have a thread for coordinating those volunteers: https://www.reddit.com/r/VolunteersforUkraine?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share.
GarryowenAg
AG
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1498137011030532099?s=20&t=3VDzLPZBBKSuwSFybwQyrA

Edit: Need help; how do I post a Twitter picture?
Irish 2.0
GarryowenAg said:

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1498137011030532099?s=20&t=3VDzLPZBBKSuwSFybwQyrA

pv
Seems like a big deal. No?
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.