***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,552,854 Views | 47733 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 74OA
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

BTHOtrolls said:

Thanks for posting, this is information that makes TexAgs such a great community. Hope your friend stays safe and maintains internet to provide further updates.
Thanks. Last I heard from a Lithuanian energy exec I know was that he and his son (a doctor) had been called up. Not expecting to hear from him anytime soon.
Called up to aid in the war effort? God, that must be such a horrible, sinking feeling. It doesn't sound like the Russians want anything to do with this, especially not them. It honestly makes me feel bad for the common soldiers.
Comeby!
AG
TriAg2010 said:

ttu_85 said:

txags92 said:

ttu_85 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Guy is a senior advisor EU parliament.
Then he is a dumbass announcing this. Good lord !!!
What if it is cover? Claim "NATO is giving them new jets that will be in the air shortly", then fly in a few pairs of F35s to dismantle the Russian armored columns traveling toward Kiev. Gives plausible deniability...as has been said, Putin is going to take it the same either way, so why go to the trouble of sending old crap planes.
Several problems. THe mig-29's are not at all stealthy. The F-35 is pretty darn but not perfectly stealthy. And advance radar could tell the difference. Besides the the F-35 is a front line NATO fighter first. Yes it can do ground attacks but how well? Four are not going to do it well enough to "dismantle" a Russian armored thrust.

The take away: Very high escalation risk for a minimal to moderate military return.

Introducing new battlefield tech (F-35s) is definitely more of an escalation that providing Ukraine more of something they already have (MiG-29s). It's a very fine line to walk. We want to defeat Russia without provoking them to escalate or retaliate in some new way.

Rent to own?
TRM
AG
Talon2DSO
AG
JB!98 said:

Ulysses90 said:

JB!98 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

flakrat said:

txags92 said:

JobSecurity said:

This has been rumored all day but this is the biggest outlet to pick it up

Would be nice to see those new EU migs setup on the Belarus border and smoke those paratroopers out of the sky within a few minutes of entering UK airspace.
Or spread a bunch of stingers along the border!

Don't have the range. Stinger is a short range missile. They could potentially get them on ascent or descent, but not cruising altitude.
I think its important that everyone understands that the stinger is only good to about 10,000 ft and its slant range depends on the altitude of the target. Good against helo's and low flying aircraft. No impact to aircraft at an operating altitude. Now you can probably smack a IL-76 during their drop run, but with a 2lb warhead I think you might need more than one hit to bring one down.

From what altitude do paratroopers debark a aircraft using static lines? If the Ukrainians have some idea of the likely drop zones then they might very well be able to seed the area and likely approaches with stingers.

Perhaps a friendly AWACS flying over the Black Sea could send some info over Link 16 to a MiG 29 that would be able to easily intercept an IL-76.
I have no idea the altitude of a normal drop. Someone on here knows for sure.

Static line paratroopers can be pretty low. Like 500 to 1000ft possibly as low as 250 ft depending on terrain. The goal is to drop quick as safe as possible and a whole lot of paratroopers. It's not like a HALO or a HAHO. I doubt the Russian have our standard of O2 above 10k ft but it would be silly to do a mass troop drop from too high up. I've not flown low level since 2004 though.
Build It
AG
Not showing on the livestream?
tehmackdaddy
AG
Ulysses90 said:

JB!98 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

flakrat said:

txags92 said:

JobSecurity said:

Would be nice to see those new EU migs setup on the Belarus border and smoke those paratroopers out of the sky within a few minutes of entering UK airspace.

Don't have the range. Stinger is a short range missile. They could potentially get them on ascent or descent, but not cruising altitude.
I think its important that everyone understands that the stinger is only good to about 10,000 ft and its slant range depends on the altitude of the target. Good against helo's and low flying aircraft. No impact to aircraft at an operating altitude. Now you can probably smack a IL-76 during their drop run, but with a 2lb warhead I think you might need more than one hit to bring one down.

From what altitude do paratroopers debark a aircraft using static lines?

500-800 ft.
Rosstafari
Should not be taken lightly…

Jayhawk
I hope we are passing any IL-76 tracks to the Ukes so they can turn on their radars at the right moment to put a hurt on Putin's puppet paratroopers.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Jayhawk said:

I hope we are passing any IL-76 tracks to the Ukes so they can turn on their radars at the right moment to put a hurt on Putin's puppet paratroopers.

That is probably happening and has since the beginning.
TRM
AG
Build It said:

Just pulled one up but I don't see anything.
Waffledynamics
AG
TRM said:

Build It said:

Just pulled one up but I don't see anything.
Could be a looping stream or could be the tweet is fake.
fullback44
AG
Build It said:

Can someone please report the live feed stream
ABATTBQ11
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Jayhawk said:

That is probably happening and has since the beginning.

Probably how they've hit them. Turn on the S300 after AWACS says they're in the area. Hit them. Move.
nhamp07
AG
Rubio has been spot on in earlier days honestly.
Charpie
AG
Stay on topic
jobu93
AG
Can I get a clarification on the possible amphibious landing? I've seen 10 DIVISIONS?

That can't be, right?
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
Is Russia even flying planes anymore in Ukraine? I haven't seen any video in a day. Did the stingers ground them???
wildmen09
AG
JB!98 said:

Ulysses90 said:

JB!98 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

flakrat said:

txags92 said:

JobSecurity said:

From what altitude do paratroopers debark a aircraft using static lines? If the Ukrainians have some idea of the likely drop zones then they might very well be able to seed the area and likely approaches with stingers.

Perhaps a friendly AWACS flying over the Black Sea could send some info over Link 16 to a MiG 29 that would be able to easily intercept an IL-76.

Roughly 1200ft
SidsBurnerAccount

Charpie
AG

JFABNRGR
AG
JB!98 said:

Ulysses90 said:

JB!98 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

flakrat said:

txags92 said:

JobSecurity said:

we would likely do it at 5-800' AGL. The chutes 20 years ago were MC1-1B with a decent rate of about 20FT/second. To do this over a city without controlling aspects of it would be brutal on both sides. I don't what the russians do but if i were them I would hit the city on all 2-3 sides with armor at the same time as the drop. The Ukes for sure have something handheld that would send a big fat low flying transport to the ground in a ball of flames, which is why I think the armor has to be on station or arriving at the same time.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
aTmAg
AG
You don't just hand somebody an F-35 and let them take it for a spin.

Mastering 5th gen aircraft is a totally different animal then 4th gen. In fact, I've heard that new pilots who do not have any 4th gen experience have an easier time with the new mentality than experienced 4th gen pilots who have to unlearn a lot of stuff first.

If F-35s are engaged in Ukraine, they will be flown by pilots from those countries. No Ukrainian will be flying them.

The "escalation" is new countries getting involved. Not that an F-35 entered the picture.
bonfarr
AG
FriscoKid said:

Is Russia even flying planes anymore in Ukraine? I haven't seen any video in a day. Did the stingers ground them???

There were videos from a few hours ago posted of fighter jets flying today Kiev, I assumed they were Russian.
LostInLA07
AG
Basically means Russia is calling up reserves
JobSecurity
AG
McKinney Ag69
AG
[There is a very clear warning in the OP and in the title. -Staff]
RangerRick9211
AG
[DON'T QUOTE POSTS THAT NEED TO BE REMOVED. -Staff]
aTmAg
AG
Charpie said:

The second they step foot into Ukraine, they are fair game. By making them pay quickly, NATO/EU/Whoever would teach everybody else watching to NOT get involved.

Do they have the balls? Or are they afraid of "escalating" the war with BELARUS of all people?
TRM
AG
FriscoKid said:

tehmackdaddy
AG
wildmen09 said:

JB!98 said:

Ulysses90 said:

JB!98 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

flakrat said:

txags92 said:

JobSecurity said:

Roughly 1200ft

That's school jump altitude. Combat is lower.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Talon2DSO
AG
wildmen09 said:

JB!98 said:

Ulysses90 said:

JB!98 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

flakrat said:

txags92 said:

JobSecurity said:

Roughly 1200ft

Thats for training. In the ****, we would drop between 500 and 800 ft.
JobSecurity
AG
Has anyone seen anything in the last 6 hours or so regarding the talks between Russia and Ukraine that were supposed to happen near the Belarus border? I would assume these announcements about Belarus joining Russian forces means that either didn't happen or wasn't successful.
Houston Lee
AG
Putin could be using the threat to take Kiev as a distraction. Thus leaving the coastline and other major points of interest more open for Russian forces to occupy.

Then he will say "ok, lets make peace"
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.