***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,552,863 Views | 47733 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 74OA
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
go take that convoy out right now with those aircraft; you can evidently fly right down the row of 'em for miles
atmtws
AG
Hopefully this means they're already in the air over Ukraine and doing work.
fullback44
AG
https://twitter.com/ASLuhn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1498037878403723264%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F16%2Ftopics%2F3275058

Ruskys have taken a town…. But for how long ?
Jayhawk
Carlo4 said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Ukraine… on your left.
JobSecurity
AG
Not that the result was in doubt but this is the first confirmation I've seen
GarryowenAg
AG
Bag said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****
no blue checkmark, is this legit?
these guys are legit. They utilize open source networks to corroborate intel prior to posting.
TX04Aggie
AG
Interesting the precedent being set in regards to EU strategy since there is a NATO handicap at moment. This might bolster another future layer of security and military strategy going forward for Europe. Pretty impressed at the EU for stepping up, given their usual uselessness and beauracracy.
FireAg
AG
fullback44 said:

https://twitter.com/ASLuhn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1498037878403723264%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F16%2Ftopics%2F3275058

Ruskys have taken a town…. But for how long ?

It's a meaningless town strategically, according to military expert on the news channels…
AgsMyDude
AG
So essentially Russia can now park nukes there?
jabberwalkie09
AG
JobSecurity said:

Next nations up: Japan and Israel.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Jayhawk said:

I have no idea how this works logistically in terms of airspace, or which airport they'd use (probably Lviv).. but the Euros are not messing around. They have turned off their techno and are now blasting Wagner.

Who pilots these? Ukraine?
FireAg
AG
JobSecurity said:

I hate to say it, but it's not going to take much to get this whole thing to spin out of control…

It's not hyperbole…Russians are doing a lot of saber rattling with nukes today…
Jayhawk
I understand the Euro combat aircraft announcement as meaning that the Euros are going to fly in aircraft which will then be turned over to the Ukrainian Air Force to operate... are some folks understanding it as the Europeans are going to themselves be flying sorties in Ukrainian airspace? At that point we have a no fly zone and active air combat against the Russians is almost inevitable.

If it is in fact a donation program, then the military problem becomes how to the Ukrainians keep those assets safe and operational on the ground (probably from Lviv) for it to make a difference?
Dorm 15
AG
Like Lend Lease
Eliminatus
AG
Jayhawk said:

I have no idea how this works logistically in terms of airspace, or which airport they'd use (probably Lviv).. but the Euros are not messing around. They have turned off their techno and are now blasting Wagner.

It's not surprising in the least to me. The Ukes lost most of their aircraft on the ground on the first day. There was a video from first 12 hours that showed a lot of blasted MiGs on the ground.

That also means it is extremely likely that the pilots and most of the support staff are alive and well and probably fighting each other over every spare cockpit. They have been fighting with what they can so at least one runway and logistics area is still operational.

Russia not securing the air is so dumb and bad even the most slack jawed idiot knows it was a grievous tactical blunder and every hour is simply reinforcing that.

ETA: Meant to reply to poster surprised by this
Ag87H2O
AG
Carlo4 said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Ukraine… on your left.

No kidding. What a collossal strategic blunder by Putin.
Eliminatus
AG
Double post
Jayhawk
Man I hope the Ukrainian pilots and ground crews can make good on this chance the Euros are taking for them. If the Uke air force guys are anything like their ground combatants though I suspect they will make the Russians feel the pain of death from above.
javajaws
AG
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Putin has offered half of the Ukraine up to Belarus as a little extra incentive to help out.
dtkprowler
AG
Hell yes! Let's get those folks some help!
2wealfth Man
AG
Jayhawk said:

Man I hope the Ukrainian pilots and ground crews can make good on this chance the Euros are taking for them. If the Uke air force guys are anything like their ground combatants though I suspect they will make the Russians feel the pain of death from above.
Russian SAM systems are no joke. They need to also locate those TOS-1 MLRS's and take them out immediately.
bonfarr
AG
Can drone aircraft be tracked easily by radar? I wonder if we could have drones flown in from Nevada attacking those mechanized columns, would Russia be able to pinpoint where they originated from?
Dorm 15
AG
They would not fly from Nevada. They might be controlled by somebody in Nevada.
Señor Chang
AG
Would Ukrainians be able to pilot NATO planes? All the Ukrainian AF combat aircraft are Soviet/Russian origin. I'm assuming these advanced fighters aren't interchangeable, they can't just jump in an F-16 and be good to go, right? I have zero pilot experience, so just asking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Air_Force
SidsBurnerAccount

this guy is a good follow. Some more info on where pilots (in addition to UAF not currently flying) might come from.
hbtheduce
AG
Yeah, Unless there are Ukrainian nationals in NATO countries that can fly it.

The NATO countries are walking a VERY fine line here. Seems like the powers at be want to throw us into full on confrontation with Russia.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Señor Chang said:

Would Ukrainians be able to pilot NATO planes? All the Ukrainian AF combat aircraft are Soviet/Russian origin. I'm assuming these advanced fighters aren't interchangeable, they can't just jump in an F-16 and be good to go, right? I have zero pilot experience, so just asking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Air_Force

No, you can't just jump in. They would be able to fly the plane with a quick crash course but understanding the combat systems and how to employ them is a massive amount of knowledge.
'03ag
Does NATO have aircraft that Ukranian pilots could operate?

If the plan is to hand over aircraft, sending them a bunch of Typhoons won't do them any good will it?
BenTheGoodAg
AG
hbtheduce said:

The NATO countries are walking a VERY fine line here. Seems like the powers at be want to throw us into full on confrontation with Russia.
Just can't get there with this opinion. NATO isn't walking the fine line here - Russia is. Appeasement have never worked, and never will. The world needs to stand up to tyrants like Putin. Glad to see Europe taking on the burden in cleaning up the trash in their own continent.
jabberwalkie09
AG
'03ag said:

Does NATO have aircraft that Ukranian pilots could operate?

If the plan is to hand over aircraft, sending them a bunch of Typhoons won't do them any good will it?

Several NATO countries have left over Soviet stuff.
TChaney
I posted this on the other thread but it may fit in better over here.

Russian Media posted this a bit early, it was archived multiple places before they removed it from their website.
It's an article prewritten for the Russian victory over Ukraine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220226051154/https://ria.ru/20220226/rossiya-1775162336.html

https://archive.fo/TKu53

Some quotes.

A new world is being born before our eyes. Russia's military operation in Ukraine has ushered in a new era - and in three dimensions at once. And of course, in the fourth, internal Russian. Here begins a new period both in ideology and in the very model of our socio-economic system - but this is worth talking about separately a little later.

Now this problem is gone - Ukraine has returned to Russia. This does not mean that its statehood will be liquidated, but it will be reorganized, re-established and returned to its natural state of part of the Russian world.

Did someone in the old European capitals, in Paris and Berlin , seriously believe that Moscow would give up Kiev ?

Because the construction of a new world order - and this is the third dimension of current events - is accelerating, and its contours are more and more clearly visible through the spreading cover of Anglo-Saxon globalization. A multipolar world has finally become a reality - the operation in Ukraine is not capable of rallying anyone but the West against Russia. Because the rest of the world sees and understands perfectly well - this is a conflict between Russia and the West, this is a response to the geopolitical expansion of the Atlanticists, this is Russia's return of its historical space and its place in the world.

China and India , Latin America and Africa , the Islamic world and Southeast Asia - no one believes that the West leads the world order, much less sets the rules of the game. Russia has not only challenged the West, it has shown that the era of Western global domination can be considered completely and finally over. The new world will be built by all civilizations and centers of power, naturally, together with the West (united or not) - but not on its terms and not according to its rules.
Comeby!
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

hbtheduce said:

Just can't get there with this opinion. NATO isn't walking the fine line here - Russia is. Appeasement have never worked, and never will. The world needs to stand up to tyrants like Putin. Glad to see Europe taking on the burden in cleaning up the trash in their own continent.

Why should we play by the rules when Putin doesn't. Eye for an eye. F him.
Talon2DSO
AG
txaggie02 said:

Those little Chechen *******s just had the tide turned against them. Hopefully they are all lined up so that one drone can clean em all out.

I still get nightmares of those chechen ****s. ****em
No Spin Ag
BenTheGoodAg said:

hbtheduce said:

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Dan Scott
AG
We've already essentially declared war on Russia. We're supplying Ukraine and sanctioning their economy. If I'm Russia that's declaration of war
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.