***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,553,917 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 74OA
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sts7049 said:

yeah russia's reserves are dropping by 50% tomorrow too, not insignificant

Ruble bids are already coming in at like 175:1 for USD
Not a Bot
AG
He cares about traditional territory, pride, and respect through power. He doesn't care about the people at all.
JobSecurity
AG
Irish 2.0
jabberwalkie09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Yeah, I'm convinced that Russia is going to level something. And I'm talking about in the next few hours. We have seen this type of behavior each time the situation worsens.
Ciboag96
Agreed. Crazy ****er gonna take the whole world with him.
B-1 83
AG
aezmvp said:

GAC06 said:

Captain Positivity said:

I really hate to post this. But just looking at the whole situation, I think a lot of you guys are getting way too hopeful.

Russia has made a lot of strategic progress today.

Russia has control of the ports. This gives them another avenue for resupply and troop movements. They now control the coastline to Donetsk. They are apparently working on Odessa.

They've kept good Ukrainian troops occupied in the east. Russian troops arriving in the south will eventually move north and east to trap those forces.

They have forces massing in large numbers in multiple directions around Kyiv. There are millions of people still in Kyiv. A Grazny-type seige would be a recipe for an absolute tragedy.

They've taken losses, but Putin does not care. His goal is to conquer.

They will throw everything they have at Kyiv, with MLRS and artillery barrages. Air strikes. They may not even make huge moves on the ground for a few days. They no longer care if they destroy the city.

I think they will no longer be concerned about civilian infrastructure. I think they will cut off the internet and power. We won't get a lot of information as to what is taking place. Once they eventually wrest control, the Chechens in particular will do horrible things to the civilian population.

As much as we've criticized Russian planning and execution thus far, they've had time to adjust.

I hope the Ukrainians make it as painful on them as possible. Russia is going to have a tremendous problem controlling the population, which makes me concerned they are going to take drastic measures.

Russians definitely have the upper hand but the ports aren't too useful except for denying them to Ukraine, especially if Turkey doesn't let them through. Also I doubt they'll pause. Every day that goes by Ukraine gathers support and condemnation of Russia grows. The Russian economy and markets will be a bloodbath tomorrow. They need to end this fast.
if the EU does start including fighter and armed drones in their military assistance packages and can turn the skies neutral then the Russians will have a really hard time consolidating power especially if they cant get their logistics fixed.
Better happen……….soon.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Ag In Ok
AG
I listened to a podcast where a former marine brought up an interesting point - Putin seems to be acting in the same way Bismarck did in uniting the German kingdoms. I am no student of 19th century German history, but at first glance there are some similarities.
Putin is taking what can easily be taken (land) and skipping what may be negotiated for (cities). I am proud of how the ukes have fought, but they haven't been in a position to counterattack. I still think time is on Putin's side - though i don't know at what point does he lose his **** at home.
Premium
AG
Anyone know what is expected with the DOW and WTI tomorrow?
W
AG
Captain Positivity said:

They have forces massing in large numbers in multiple directions around Kyiv. There are millions of people still in Kyiv. A Grazny-type seige would be a recipe for an absolute tragedy.

yes, the humanitarian situation in Kyiv is a major concern as the battle for the city continues.

food, water, medical supplies, etc..,
Irish 2.0
No surprise by this. News nevertheless
GAC06
AG
akaggie05
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Yeah, I'm convinced that Russia is going to level something. And I'm talking about in the next few hours. We have seen this type of behavior each time the situation worsens.

Not sure how many of their aircraft are leased vs. owned, but getting billions of dollars worth of aircraft seized is probably a real concern for Russia now.
Irish 2.0
Implied open of down ~1.65% as of now. Nasdaq and S&P will likely be closer to 2% is my guess on those

JobSecurity
AG
This was rumored yesterday as well but he was in the video with Putin earlier today. Who knows
CS78
The world is definitely rubbing Putins nose in it. Have to wonder how many phone calls he's gotten from business partners that aren't too happy. What is a safe level of insult to dish out on the world stage?

Maybe it would be better for everyone to help as they see fit but stop making it public. And take a short pause on additional financial actions.
Irish 2.0
CS78 said:

The world is definitely rubbing Putins nose in it. Have to wonder how many phone calls he's gotten from business partners that aren't too happy. What is a safe level of insult to dish out on the world stage?

Maybe it would be better for everyone to help as they see fit but stop making it public. And take a short pause on additional financial actions.

How about one of the Oligarchs holed up with that POS do what is necessary and shoot the mother ****er right in the head instead?
EastSideAg2002
Now if we could just hack into their crytpo wallets
swc93
AG
GAC06 said:

Fired for not conquering Ukraine yet or not being a big enough YES man?
W
AG
if he's the guy that decided to piecemeal and split their forces...he should be fired
2wealfth Man
AG
GAC06 said:

Captain Positivity said:

I really hate to post this. But just looking at the whole situation, I think a lot of you guys are getting way too hopeful.

Russia has control of the ports. This gives them another avenue for resupply and troop movements. They now control the coastline to Donetsk. They are apparently working on Odessa.

They've kept good Ukrainian troops occupied in the east. Russian troops arriving in the south will eventually move north and east to trap those forces.

They will throw everything they have at Kyiv, with MLRS and artillery barrages. Air strikes. They may not even make huge moves on the ground for a few days. They no longer care if they destroy the city.

I think they will no longer be concerned about civilian infrastructure. I think they will cut off the internet and power. We won't get a lot of information as to what is taking place. Once they eventually wrest control, the Chechens in particular will do horrible things to the civilian population.

As much as we've criticized Russian planning and execution thus far, they've had time to adjust.

I hope the Ukrainians make it as painful on them as possible. Russia is going to have a tremendous problem controlling the population, which makes me concerned they are going to take drastic measures.

Russians definitely have the upper hand but the ports aren't too useful except for denying them to Ukraine, especially if Turkey doesn't let them through. Also I doubt they'll pause. Every day that goes by Ukraine gathers support and condemnation of Russia grows. The Russian economy and markets will be a bloodbath tomorrow. They need to end this fast.
Ukes getting more high tech gear with every hour that passes. Not saying they are anywhere near Russian strength; but this equipment has a force multiplier effect for the Ukes. If they get any serviceable air presence at all, going to be a bitter fight.
outofstateaggie
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Agreed. Crazy ****er gonna take the whole world with him.

Their state media said as much "There is no peace without a Russia."

That's pulling the walls of the temple down on top of themselves. Nucking futs.
74OA
AG
GAC06 said:

Captain Positivity said:

nm

lb3
AG
If the Russians fire their thermobaric weapons, we should dust off our CBU-97s and CBU-105s, assuming Ukraine still has the means to deploy a few.
Sims
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Probably just to keep the next wave of conscripts from running before he can get his hands on them.
Hold on honey, there are people on the internet that are wrong.
74OA
AG
Updates on fight for Mariupol, nuke threat, giant explosion, etc. WAR
Jayhawk
Time for us to pick up the weapons of God, which are prayer and fasting. Many people talk about praying for peace, which is fine. Even better would be praying for victory for the defenders of Ukraine, and for the Lord to humble the proud tyrant in the Kremlin and his army.
mts6175
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

mts6175 said:

Come on 'Mercia, I want to see som Buuurrrrtttt! doing what it was made to do!

I'd be super interested in seeing what the A10 could do right now. This the era of equipment it was designed to destroy. The issue is AA has come a long, long way.

I'm pretty sure those expensive ass F22's and F35's we have over there could clear the air.

If there ever was a time to flex on Russia and put a boot on their throat….
Irish 2.0
Russian Central Bank doing their best to make sure no foreign money ever returns to Russia
SwigAg11
AG
Jayhawk said:

Time for us to pick up the weapons of God, which are prayer and fasting. Many people talk about praying for peace, which is fine. Even better would be praying for victory for the defenders of Ukraine, and for the Lord to humble the proud tyrant in the Kremlin and his army.

Ash Wednesday is in 3 days which works out I guess.
JobSecurity
AG
GAC06
AG

Ukrainians doing work with their Turkish drones. They're really small and hard to detect and don't need much runway. Let's get about 100 more over there.
WolfCall
AG
Speaking of hopeful:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1572838/Ukraine-news-army-russian-troops-conscripts-Chernihiv-surrender-Vladimir-Putin-war-update
Quote:

Ukraine army claims Russian troops 'ready to lay down weapons and surrender' in Chernihiv
VLADIMIR PUTIN is facing a nightmare scenario, as the Ukrainian army has said that Russian troops in the Chernihiv region of Ukraine are "ready to lay down their arms and surrender".
By MILLIE COOKE
20:25, Sun, Feb 27, 2022 | UPDATED: 21:26, Sun, Feb 27, 2022

Chernihiv is located 128km north of Kyiv. The Ukrainian Army has also said that hundreds of tanks have been disabled and abandoned across Ukraine. Claiming that around 4,500 Russian soldiers had been killed, it said that the "moral and psychological condition of the occupying forces is low."

27 aircraft, 26 helicopters, 150 tanks and 50 guns have also been destroyed, the armed forces claimed.

Figures for Russian casualties have not been officially released by Moscow.

As of Saturday, 198 Ukrainians had been killed in the conflict.

An additional 1,115 Ukrainian citizens have been injured during Russia's attack, 33 of them children, Ukraine's health minister Viktor Liashko said.

Furious Putin blasts commanders over army performance
The Ukrainian army also claimed that Russian soldiers have breached international humanitarian war, using women and children to "cover" armored vehicles.

Fighting has been ongoing since Thursday, when Putin declared war on Ukraine in the early hours of the morning......

agent-maroon
AG
Welp, with all these sanctions coming in by the minute then somethings going to give.

Remember the old Chinese curse - "May you live in interesting times"? These are interesting times...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TRM
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.