***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,553,945 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 74OA
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?

jabberwalkie09
AG
aezmvp said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

mts6175 said:

Come on 'Mercia, I want to see som Buuurrrrtttt! doing what it was made to do!

I'd be super interested in seeing what the A10 could do right now. This the era of equipment it was designed to destroy. The issue is AA has come a long, long way.
Russian anti aircraft missiles are no joke. I know we are bagging on them but we would go after that with drones first amd work on counter air and anti air missions first.

The S400's would definitely. The mobile systems would persist though imo.
aeroag14
AG
aezmvp said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

mts6175 said:

I'd be super interested in seeing what the A10 could do right now. This the era of equipment it was designed to destroy. The issue is AA has come a long, long way.
Russian anti aircraft missiles are no joke. I know we are bagging on them but we would go after that with drones first amd work on counter air and anti air missions first.

S-400 is among the most sophisticated, if not THE MOST sophisticated, air defense systems in the world.
JobSecurity
AG
TomFoolery
AG
I think it's already been mentioned on this thread... but at the point you have to think the Russians crossed the boarder with the idea they'd be welcomed as liberators.... guess their propaganda is too good
Irish 2.0
JobSecurity
AG

BTHOtrolls
AG
Hope this was the good guys blowing up some major Russian weapons, the biggest explosion I've seen since the conflict began….

CharlieBrown17
AG
aeroag14 said:

aezmvp said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

mts6175 said:

S-400 is among the most sophisticated, if not THE MOST sophisticated, air defense systems in the world.

Agreed but this week is really bringing doubt about how well trained those systems operators are.

If they aren't able to do anything other than heart of the envelope shots with the emitters on for a long time it doesn't really matter.
Spaceship
AG
BTHOtrolls said:

Hope this was the good guys blowing up some major Russian weapons, the biggest explosion I've seen since the conflict began….

That's massive looking.
Not a Bot
AG
I really hate to post this. But just looking at the whole situation, I think a lot of you guys are getting way too hopeful.

Russia has made a lot of strategic progress today.

Russia has control of the ports. This gives them another avenue for resupply and troop movements. They now control the coastline to Donetsk. They are apparently working on Odessa.

They've kept good Ukrainian troops occupied in the east. Russian troops arriving in the south will eventually move north and east to trap those forces.

They have forces massing in large numbers in multiple directions around Kyiv. There are millions of people still in Kyiv. A Grazny-type seige would be a recipe for an absolute tragedy.

They've taken losses, but Putin does not care. His goal is to conquer.

They will throw everything they have at Kyiv, with MLRS and artillery barrages. Air strikes. They may not even make huge moves on the ground for a few days. They no longer care if they destroy the city.

I think they will no longer be concerned about civilian infrastructure. I think they will cut off the internet and power. We won't get a lot of information as to what is taking place. Once they eventually wrest control, the Chechens in particular will do horrible things to the civilian population.

As much as we've criticized Russian planning and execution thus far, they've had time to adjust.

I hope the Ukrainians make it as painful on them as possible. Russia is going to have a tremendous problem controlling the population, which makes me concerned they are going to take drastic measures.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That is a massive pressure wave. Jesus Christ.
swc93
AG
scary ****
BenFiasco14
AG
Username does not check out
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Agvet12
AG
I think Russia had 5 days max before the west / Europe sends in manpower tbh. The more horrific loss of life to Uke Citiziens I think will spark a bigger response.

To your point about internet, they already cut the power, Elon musk is providing Ukraine with internet via starlink atm. They aren't going dark unless they take out the satellite
sts7049
AG
that was a huge blast
Not a Bot
AG
That's not the case. The internet is still on in Kyiv.

Fox interviewed citizens on the ground there who said they were all surprised they still had cell service.
Irish 2.0
Which would technically be considered an act of war on the US I believe
JobSecurity
AG
agent-maroon
AG
What's in Cherkasy Oblast? That was massive!

Edit - previous post says an ammo dump. That would do it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TRM
AG
Expect to see more of this. Parking an asset near critical civilian infrastructure.
Not a Bot
AG
And unfortunately we are not going to see direct action from NATO here. The politics of sending weapons took days to work out. Boots on the ground just isn't in the cards.
Agvet12
AG
Somewhat, there's a post days ago that shows internet service dropped to below 20% serviceability on the state internet provider.

There's also documented requests for Starlink from Uke government members I believe, and Elon responds with sending them a starlink satellite.

So yes and no, if Russia cuts the power they still have service via Elon I'm Kiev
rgag12
AG
Agvet12 said:

I think Russia had 5 days max before the west / Europe sends in manpower tbh. The more horrific loss of life to Uke Citiziens I think will spark a bigger response.

To your point about internet, they already cut the power, Elon musk is providing Ukraine with internet via starlink atm. They aren't going dark unless they take out the satellite

So you think the west is declaring war on Russia in 5 days? Bold, cotton
jsc8116
AG
A possible "Moab" type bomb?
Not a Bot
AG
Ammunition depot.
Agvet12
AG
I think the EU took days because they didn't expect Ukraine to last longer than a day

Large loss of civilian life in Kiev from siege tactics bombardments will draw in boots on the ground support at this point, just my guess
Irish 2.0
rgag12 said:

Agvet12 said:

So you think the west is declaring war on Russia in 4 days? Bold, cotton

Declaring an actual war involving NATO ground forces, no. But the war of economics has already begun
Rapier108
jsc8116 said:

A possible "Moab" type bomb?
Given the demo the Russians did of their "FOAB," that was way too small.
GAC06
AG
Captain Positivity said:

I really hate to post this. But just looking at the whole situation, I think a lot of you guys are getting way too hopeful.

Russia has control of the ports. This gives them another avenue for resupply and troop movements. They now control the coastline to Donetsk. They are apparently working on Odessa.

They've kept good Ukrainian troops occupied in the east. Russian troops arriving in the south will eventually move north and east to trap those forces.

They have forces massing in large numbers in multiple directions around Kyiv. There are millions of people still in Kyiv. A Grazny-type seige would be a recipe for an absolute tragedy.

They will throw everything they have at Kyiv, with MLRS and artillery barrages. Air strikes. They may not even make huge moves on the ground for a few days. They no longer care if they destroy the city.

I think they will no longer be concerned about civilian infrastructure. I think they will cut off the internet and power. We won't get a lot of information as to what is taking place. Once they eventually wrest control, the Chechens in particular will do horrible things to the civilian population.

As much as we've criticized Russian planning and execution thus far, they've had time to adjust.

I hope the Ukrainians make it as painful on them as possible. Russia is going to have a tremendous problem controlling the population, which makes me concerned they are going to take drastic measures.

Russians definitely have the upper hand but the ports aren't too useful except for denying them to Ukraine, especially if Turkey doesn't let them through. Also I doubt they'll pause. Every day that goes by Ukraine gathers support and condemnation of Russia grows. The Russian economy and markets will be a bloodbath tomorrow. They need to end this fast.
ttu_85
agent-maroon said:

What's in Cherkasy Oblast? That was massive!

loop and stop the image especially the first 2 seconds. In the first 10th of a sec the sky, all of it, turns as bight as day light in a single flash the fireball boils up there after for about 3 seconds. That had to be a massive fuel air bomb or what they now call a massive thermobaric weapon. Looks like a single detonation
Not a Bot
AG
The markets are going to be a bloodbath regardless.
sts7049
AG
yeah russia's reserves are dropping by 50% tomorrow too, not insignificant
Ag In Ok
AG
At what point does Putin see he created a domestic Russia that is worse off than what yeltsin inherited? If things continue on this economic path, China can't fill the void.
aezmvp
GAC06 said:

Captain Positivity said:

Russians definitely have the upper hand but the ports aren't too useful except for denying them to Ukraine, especially if Turkey doesn't let them through. Also I doubt they'll pause. Every day that goes by Ukraine gathers support and condemnation of Russia grows. The Russian economy and markets will be a bloodbath tomorrow. They need to end this fast.
if the EU does start including fighter and armed drones in their military assistance packages and can turn the skies neutral then the Russians will have a really hard time consolidating power especially if they cant get their logistics fixed.
First Page Last Page
Page 116 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.