***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,554,360 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by 74OA
Build It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Warthogs on the way.
Irish 2.0
SU and migs. Lots of countries have them in that area
jabberwalkie09
AG
mts6175 said:

Come on 'Mercia, I want to see som Buuurrrrtttt! doing what it was made to do!

I'd be super interested in seeing what the A10 could do right now. This the era of equipment it was designed to destroy. The issue is AA has come a long, long way.
Charpie
AG
I'm pretty sure we are
ttu_85
Rapier108 said:

Robk said:

Meant to post this here instead of the other thread. Don't know why I was there.

They act like the US is going to stage a first strike, which they know we won't do.
Cool story in the mid 80's Reagan had the navy use its 688's, LA class, attack subs ping Soviet boomers at one time all over the world. If freaked the Soviets out big time.

They shouldn't be so cocky.

FTAco07
AG
Thanks. Guess I didn't think about nato members still flying commie jets
GAC06
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

mts6175 said:

I'd be super interested in seeing what the A10 could do right now. This the era of equipment it was designed to destroy. The issue is AA has come a long, long way.

Drones, MLRS, HIMARS is all that's needed to ravage that army. Ukraine already doing work with their very limited drone inventory
ttu_85
jabberwalkie09 said:

mts6175 said:

google The Road to Basra. That will give you a good idea what A-10's and modern ground attack aircraft can do to road traffic.
Who?mikejones!
TRM said:

Haven't seen any other reports of this yet.

The video from yesterday with the two dudes just waltzing into a firefight showed a pretty good view of a uke ambush. They had two tanks set up at a t intersection. They had their infantry dug into the edge of a tree line along the highway.

Russian column approaches t intersection in a line and encounter a tank. Column stops. Infantry opens up. Column destroyed

Seems like the Russians have little tactical awareness or ability to deal with anything.
ttu_85
FTAco07 said:

Mig-29's and SU-27's were not bad aircraft in the hands of a good pilot.
Burrus86
AG
What are the odds that former military from other countries serve as mercenaries to pilot those aircraft being provided to Ukraine?
Premium
AG
Burrus86 said:

What are the odds that former military from other countries serve as mercenaries to pilot those aircraft being provided to Ukraine?

How would Russians know who was flying them? Might as well provide pilots along with the aircraft while you're at it.
Irish 2.0
Premium said:

Burrus86 said:

How would Russians know who was flying them? Might as well provide pilots along with the aircraft while you're at it.

Seabreeze
SidetrackAg said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Does this mean troops, or supply?

Both likely.
98Ag99Grad
AG

Dorm 15
AG
I would think we have Ukrainian(born, parents) pilots in our Air Force.
TRM
AG
Z3phyr
Dan Scott said:

Dan Scott said:

BTC has been steady all weekend so far

Bitcoin dropped about 1200 in the last hour

So a fairly stable day
fullback44
AG
JobSecurity said:

This may be the biggest development yet if this is true… if the Ukraine has western jets along with our guided precision bombs the Ruskies are down right F Ed… I'm talking about a deal killer for the Ruskies, they might as well wave the white flag and save any face they have left.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Could the sequel beat the original?
Teddy KGB
AG
In the videos posted of Russian troops does anyone notice they are not pulling security? Do they have any real discipline or training? Or am I missing something?
War is Peace Freedom is Slavery Ignorance is Strength
Love Gun
TRM said:

This dude doesn't know squat about tactics. I guess he and the Russians have something in common.
Ag In Ok
AG
ttu_85 said:

FTAco07 said:

I bet Poland is about to be reimbursed hugely if they hand over their SUs and MIGs.
akaggie05
AG
The daily Aeroflot flight from Moscow to New York turned around halfway and headed back to Moscow.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/id/AFL124-1645789860-schedule-0432
ArmyAg2002
AG
ttu_85 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

mts6175 said:

google The Road to Basra. That will give you a good idea what A-10's and modern ground attack aircraft can do to road traffic.

That was 30 years ago. No air defense and a completely permissive air enviroment.
Ag In Ok
AG
Rapier108 said:

Robk said:

Meant to post this here instead of the other thread. Don't know why I was there.

They act like the US is going to stage a first strike, which they know we won't do.

I can see Putin thinking he is the embodiment of Russia.
Irish 2.0
Elon Musk is probably writing the check. He's not a fan of Russia
TRM
AG
He is French.
SwigAg11
AG
Teddy KGB said:

In the videos posted of Russian troops does anyone notice they are not pulling security? Do they have any real discipline or training? Or am I missing something?

I believe a lot of them are conscripts. So, probably not.
ttu_85
ArmyAg2002 said:

ttu_85 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

mts6175 said:

That was 30 years ago. No air defense and a completely permissive air enviroment.
Given how the Russians have screwed up every aspect of this operation it probably is a 'completely permissive environment.'
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ag In Ok said:

ttu_85 said:

FTAco07 said:

I bet Poland is about to be reimbursed hugely if they hand over their SUs and MIGs.

To Russia, from Poland with love.
Love Gun
TRM said:

He is French.

I guess that ridiculous graphic is his idea of a double envelopment.
CharlieBrown17
AG
TRM said:

Speaks more to their lack of ability to establish air supremacy. Wide area GPS jamming isn't realistic based on the energy needed.
JobSecurity
AG
UNSC - Ukraine speaking now. Russia basically said they aren't doing anything wrong and any impacts to civilians are 'fakes' or false flags

aezmvp
jabberwalkie09 said:

mts6175 said:

Russian anti aircraft missiles are no joke. I know we are bagging on them but we would go after that with drones first amd work on counter air and anti air missions first.
First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.