***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,553,837 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 74OA
Ag87H2O
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Hey dad, let's hop in the car and go firebomb some Russian mechanized infantry.

You have to admire the resolve and courage of the Ukrainians. They sure don't back down from a fight.

bmks270
AG
Dorm 15 said:

How do we know "they" didn't supply Ukraine before?

You know, I really don't, so maybe my criticism is wrong.
SPF250
AG

SidsBurnerAccount

The collapse of the ruble tomorrow is going to be intense
74OA
AG
hunter2012 said:

Can an Abrams with modern plating take a hit from a Javelin or NLAW?
M-1A2SEPv3
TROPHY
ARAT
Dan Scott
AG
With the citizens fighting back, gives Putin the excuse to start blasting the city. His plan was not to destroy the city to keep it ready for puppet government. That's not going to work because the people are against him so might as well start blowing stuff up.
Bag
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

The collapse of the ruble tomorrow is going to be intense

BTC moment of truth
TRM
AG
Dan Scott
AG
BTC has been steady all weekend so far
SidsBurnerAccount

buzzardb267
AG
oldmanguy said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

Rockdoc said:

How are they making these armament deliveries without Russian air interference?
Through Poland by Rail to Uke border.

Once they hit Ukraine territory Russia should be neutralizing them forthwith. I really wonder if they have visibility over top with long on station assets. Are they freaking blind?
I was watching the live cams during a lull in the action and I noticed cars going from east to west pretty regularly. Not sure where the cam is, but suddenly there was at least 6 cargo vans/express vans traveling from west to east with a couple of cars mixed in the bunch. I thought at that time that looked odd. Just saying....
Irish 2.0
Dan Scott said:

With the citizens fighting back, gives Putin the excuse to start blasting the city. His plan was not to destroy the city to keep it ready for puppet government. That's not going to work because the people are against him so might as well start blowing stuff up.

That will destroy his premise of invading to liberate Ukraine and 'denazify' it. He backed himself into a corner with that bit of rhetoric
TRM
AG
IDaggie06
AG
javajaws said:

I think the most likely outcome now is for somebody to take Putin down from inside. And to speed that up the world should announce a drop in most sanctions if that happens and Russia immediately withdraws.
Right, you want the world to announce that if Putin is taken down (essentially put a target on his head) that sanctions will be removed. Now that's how you get a psychopath tyrant to go full psychopath tyrant.
Irish 2.0
swc93
AG
Really amazing how any citizen with a cell phone in a war zone is capable of providing accurate troop count and movement.

WW2: One jackass Influencer in the Wild with a selfie could have exposed the whole fake build up with the inflated tanks and equipment before D Day.
AgsMyDude
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

javajaws
AG
IDaggie06 said:

javajaws said:

I think the most likely outcome now is for somebody to take Putin down from inside. And to speed that up the world should announce a drop in most sanctions if that happens and Russia immediately withdraws.
Right, you want the world to announce that if Putin is taken down (essentially put a target on his head) that sanctions will be removed. Now that's how you get a psychopath tyrant to go full psychopath tyrant.
Psychopath tyrant gonna be psycho regardless. The only thing we can do is speed up his removal. If things continue to go badly for him there is no telling what he might do and the longer he gets to contemplate what that will be the worse off it can get - not only for Ukraine but for everyone else that might be a target for one of his nukes.
lb3
AG
TAMU1990 said:

lb3 said:

JobSecurity said:

Would make for one hell of a fire team, but without our intelligence, communications, and transport what will their role be?

Training civilians, VIP protection, reconnaissance?
I bet we have special forces on the ground already. It wouldn't surprise me if some were assigned to Zalensky. .
CIA contractors perhaps. I doubt DoD has anything more than the embassy attach and their staff over there.
Strongweasel97
AG
AgsMyDude said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

"Asked for Fuel" = "Take us in, we'll tell you everything we know, please don't make us look like deserters"
sts7049
AG
Birdbear
AG
et98 said:

RangerRick9211 said:

This was helpful to understand Russia's motivations. Obviously they want NATO off the table, but probably some form of petro-state demands (drop tarrifs on pass through transmission/guarantees on no development of reserves). They might also want to carve off the remaining ports in the south with Crimea (and the Donbas region).
Thank you for posting this video. I'm a history teacher and am working feverishly to pause our normal curriculum for 1 day tomorrow to explain what's going on in Ukraine (why it's happening from different historical & motivational perspectives, what's happening currently, and different takes on what might happen next). I've been poring over tons of information all weekend, and this video is a great & concise resource that has helped figure out how to articulate certain things with great visuals that I can crop & use.

Thanks!

That video is really well done. Crazy how much good info you can find on YouTube.

Like someone else said previously, thanks for taking the time to put together a good explanation for your kids. No better time than now to show them that history matters in the real world. Some lightbulbs will be turning on tomorrow in class.
TRM
AG
SidetrackAg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Does this mean troops, or supply?
Irish 2.0
SidetrackAg said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Does this mean troops, or supply?

The vagueness is likely intentional
Irish 2.0

Flight option is now gone. All left will fight.

Godspeed Kyiv
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
FroWins
AG
Bag
AG
these convoys are sitting ducks, time to step in
Waffledynamics
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Flight option is now gone. All left will fight.

Godspeed Kyiv

How did Russia manage this? Do they have all the airports too?
Irish 2.0
'Fight or Flight'

Their ability to leave the city. Flight =/= flying in this situation.
AggieP18
If some of these major cities are in fact encircled, it feels like Putin went to the negotiating table to threaten a siege/destroying these cities.
agent-maroon
AG
javajaws said:

Unless there's some confusion about the permanence of it all, hasn't the world already signaled that with their sanctions, denial of airspace, etc?

Guarantee you the oligarchs have received the message loud and clear
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TRM
AG
Russian supply chain?
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.