***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,553,764 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 74OA
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only way this truly stops is if someone from within Putin's inner circle ends this by ending Putin. That's a catch 22 because then who the hell knows assumes power. Turning Russia into Hermit Kingdom 2.0 might push someone to do the necessary deed, but what happens to power then
SidetrackAg
AG
TRM said:

Russian supply chain?

What is significance of the Z?
AgsMyDude
AG
AggieP18 said:

If some of these major cities are in fact encircled, it feels like Putin went to the negotiating table to threaten a siege/destroying these cities.

Right. He'll probably threaten use and show images of those thermobarics nearby. Offer not to lay the city to waste if a surrender is made.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

I'm Russian, don't shoot
Waffledynamics
AG
Really worried for Ukrainians in these cities. No reinforcements possible? This could be really bad.
GAC06
AG
TRM said:

Russian supply chain?

Perhaps the fears of Russia invading Western Europe are a bit overblown
TRM
AG
SidetrackAg said:

TRM said:

Russian supply chain?

It differentiates their attacking force - Z, O, and V. One was for Belarussian forces, eastern Russian, and northern Russian forces.
fullback44
AG
SidetrackAg said:

TRM said:

Russian supply chain?

If this is real it shows how bad of shape Russia is in with equipment and everthing else… a western military would crush these guys.. I bet that is Belorussians support for their part In this .. bunch of old farm and food trucks
Not a Bot
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
Wonder what senior Russian military think of putin. He was KGB not army so have to be some that want him out.
Fitch
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

This was helpful to understand Russia's motivations. Obviously they want NATO off the table, but probably some form of petro-state demands (drop tarrifs on pass through transmission/guarantees on no development of reserves). They might also want to carve off the remaining ports in the south with Crimea (and the Donbas region).

Excellent video and helps explain not just how we got here but why Putin likely views this as an existential battle for Russia. Concerning to think about the stakes as he may view them, to be honest. Zero chance he allows Crimea to slip away unless made to.
JobSecurity
AG
TRM
AG
TH36
What live cams are up look to be relatively calm right now. Definitely don't hear the gun fire I did last night. Makes me wonder about this whole "they've got Kyiv surrounded" news.
RONA Ag
AG
Have to hope Kyiv can survive another night. Things looking grim right now
Irish 2.0

This seems like a strategic blunder to have the force this tightly grouped? Or is that just me?

Target the front unit and the fuel and lay waste while they're pinned
OPAG
AG
True that large scale thermobaric weapons launched against and amphibious force would be devastating!

This take a lot of Naval assets to pull that sort of thing off, not exactly something that China is supper adept at. The world would respond to China like they have to Russia, even worse. I don't think the US would stand down on that one being as they are part of the NATO equivalent for the Pacific region.
"only one thing is important!"
AggieLit
WSJ article on how sanctions have been crafted to allow Russia to keep selling oil and gas. All the headlines last week of "Biden Sanctions Two Largest Russian Banks" somehow didn't mention that the third largest Russian bank, Gazprom Bank, is the one that handles most energy purchases and was not sanctioned. Western leaders want to look to the public like they're doing everything for Ukraine, but not upset the public with soaring energy prices.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-sanctions-over-ukraine-largely-spare-energy-sector-vital-to-europe-11645970890?mod=mhp
redsquirrelAG
AG
Shady AF
T for Texas
AG
Ukes need to be blasting this inside Kyiv.

JobSecurity
AG
RangerRick9211
AG
AggieLit said:

WSJ article on how sanctions have been crafted to allow Russia to keep selling oil and gas. All the headlines last week of "Biden Sanctions Two Largest Russian Banks" somehow didn't mention that the third largest Russian bank, Gazprom Bank, is the one that handles most energy purchases and was not sanctioned. Western leaders want to look to the public like they're doing everything for Ukraine, but not upset the public with soaring energy prices.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-sanctions-over-ukraine-largely-spare-energy-sector-vital-to-europe-11645970890?mod=mhp

It's nuance, right?

US won't be the leader in sanctions. The EU (notably Germany) is going to feel this worse than us. We'll back them up, but won't push the line.

We can't kill the Russia economy. You can't force them to that brink. We know how that will escalate. Sanctions need to be a slow asphyxiation that encourages diplomacy.
agent-maroon
AG
JobSecurity said:

That tweet hadn't gone out until now?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JobSecurity
AG
I think Klitschkos statement about Kyiv being surrounded was misinterpreted. Yes it's probably not possible to mass evac civilians at this point but from a tactical perspective I don't think the city is surrounded

Klitschko denies reports that Kyiv is completely surrounded. The mayor to
@bild: "Kiev is not completely surrounded! The Ukrainian army is fighting hard in the outskirts and the Russian army has many casualties."
Build It
AG
Why do you think the ruskies haven't launched a naval bombardment? A blockade? Lots of ships still moving in the Black Sea so I suppose they fear the oil tankers would be sunk or not allowed through the straits?

They could destroy places like Odessa from the sea.
txags92
AG
fullback44 said:

SidetrackAg said:

TRM said:

Russian supply chain?

If this is real it shows how bad of shape Russia is in with equipment and ever else… a western military would crush these guys.. I bet that is Belorussians support for their part I. This
Is that yellow thing an ice cream truck? I can just picture the Russian column rolling through Ukraine with "Pop Goes the Weasel" playing at 11.
Dan Scott
AG
Dan Scott said:

BTC has been steady all weekend so far

Bitcoin dropped about 1200 in the last hour
jabberwalkie09
AG
agent-maroon said:

JobSecurity said:

I'm sure people will ignore the recommendation anyways.
SidetrackAg
AG
JobSecurity said:

I wonder what this is for
Ornithopter
AG
SidetrackAg said:

JobSecurity said:

I believe Russia has invaded the Ukraine.
XXXVII
JobSecurity said:

LOL NO **** ?

LOOK I HAVE GREAT INFO GUYS I ALWAYS TWEET IN ALL CAPS /whoever TF walter bloomberg is
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
JobSecurity
AG
Here are the satellite images of the convoy heading toward Kyiv reported above

jabberwalkie09
AG
Build It said:

Why do you think the ruskies haven't launched a naval bombardment? A blockade? Lots of ships still moving in the Black Sea so I suppose they fear the oil tankers would be sunk or not allowed through the straits?

They could destroy places like Odessa from the sea.

The number of missiles that the naval assets have to fire are limited. Your main Kaibr missile platforms in the Black Sea are 6 Kilo Class subs and a Slava class cruiser. Artillery bombardment would need to come from the land imo.

They have effectively been doing a blockade with those notices they've put out. Any direct, intentional attack to commercial shipping would be escalation.
aggiehawg
AG
agent-maroon said:

JobSecurity said:

Where are they supposed to go and how? Through Belarus to Poland? Through Ukraine to Poland? To Finland?

To China? To India?
SidetrackAg
AG
DubFalls said:

SidetrackAg said:

JobSecurity said:

I believe Russia has invaded the Ukraine.

Lol I know. Funny that this tweet is sent out now instead of a few days ago
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.