***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,665 Views | 47735 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by 74OA
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like things calm down for a couple hours before dawn.
TAMUallen
AG
It's dawn now. Prayers for Ukraine
jabberwalkie09
AG
agsalaska said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

JobSecurity said:

I wonder if the orders relate to the post earlier about orders to take Kyiv by Monday at any cost?

Then we're more than likely about to see Kyiv turn into a modern day Dresden.
No way. I don't see it happening.

I was being hyperbolic, but I think Putin would probably find some degree of destroying the city as acceptable. They've displayed a willingness to deal damage without regard before in both Chechnya and Syria.
TRM
AG
No confirmation
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ulysses90 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

erudite said:

Keegan99 said:

My SWAG would be thermobaric. Those have been seen in theater, reportedly.
TOS-1 was confirmed near Mariupol I believe. Not near Kiev.

TOS-1's have been spotted in a couple of areas. Today one was spotted in Takmok. They have been spotted near Belgorod as well. I'd put money on the videos that have come from around Kharkiv showing the artillery attack was from TOS-1's from near Belgorod.
The TOS-1 Buratinos only have a range of about 6km. They are basically a weapons for reducing a nearby fortified position. Belgorod is about 80km from Kharkiv and they have had time to cover that distance since they were spotted this morning moving across the border from Belgorod.

Got ya. I missed the movement this morning.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1497713340986146825?

The Ukes took out a 56- vehicle column including tanks commanded by the Chechen Spetnaz trained forces. One of the higher MVPs killed is the right hand man (a general) of the Chechen President.

Apparently they were all ambushed and just savaged by RPGs and stingers launched from the Ukrainians. Should get interesting…
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Fitch
AG
bonfarr said:

FireAg said:

Keegan99 said:

Well that's ominous as hell.

Wonder what the orders were?

Thermobaric vacuum bombs are about to be used I think.
worried you may be right.

Found this interesting too.
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Fitch said:

bonfarr said:

FireAg said:

Keegan99 said:

Well that's ominous as hell.

Wonder what the orders were?

Thermobaric vacuum bombs are about to be used I think.
worried you may be right.

Found this interesting too.

Just spitballing here, but social media is working as intended: intelligence gathering.
Charpie
AG
I still love Marco.

And I find it fascinating that he's tweeting the things that he is. I ****ing love it.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Luke said:

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1497713340986146825?

The Ukes took out a 56- vehicle column including tanks commanded by the Chechen Spetnaz trained forces. One of the higher MVPs killed is the right hand man (a general) of the Chechen President.

Apparently they were all ambushed and just savaged by RPGs and stingers launched from the Ukrainians. Should get interesting…

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
JobSecurity
Rapier108
If Putin goes full 'tard and decides to deploy something beyond currently in use conventional weapons, it will likely the aforementioned thermoberic bombs. All of the bang of a low yield nuke, but without the radiation and global condemnation. Russia already used thermoberic weapons in Syria on numerous occasions.

Here is the Russians playing with their TOS-1 in 2019.

Chef Elko
AG
Boooo
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
RedNeckGamer88
AG
I find it funny that all the sanctions have exemptions on Russia's Oil and Gas. Apparently 40% of Europe's Oil and Gas comes from Russia. Then you have the fact that "green renewable energy" is completely worthless in Europe during the winter months. As we all know, natural gas is a "transition fuel" to a greening future. The problem is, the more your grid becomes reliant on wind and solar, the MORE natural gas you need. And Germany just turned off there only nuclear plant. I feel like as long as Russia is getting oil and gas money, the war machine will move.

clw04
AG
At what point does Russia try to take control of the Ukraine border with Poland. Its the only way to prevent resupply of Ukraine at this point unless you are going to try and hit the resupply by air as moving across Ukraine.
EKUAg
AG
RedNeckGamer88 said:

I find it funny that all the sanctions have exemptions on Russia's Oil and Gas. Apparently 40% of Europe's Oil and Gas comes from Russia. Then you have the fact that "green renewable energy" is completely worthless in Europe during the winter months. As we all know, natural gas is a "transition fuel" to a greening future. The problem is, the more your grid becomes reliant on wind and solar, the MORE natural gas you need. And Germany just turned off there only nuclear plant. I feel like as long as Russia is getting oil and gas money, the war machine will move.

Germany had 6 operational power plants before they shut down 3 at the end of 2021. The other 3 are supposed to shut down at the end of 2022.

They are idiots.
TheCougarHunter
AG
No way they go anywhere near the Polish border. There's likely a mutually understood tripwire point which would spark all out NATO intervention.
JobSecurity
AG
clw04 said:

At what point does Russia try to take control of the Ukraine border with Poland. Its the only way to prevent resupply of Ukraine at this point unless you are going to try and hit the resupply by air as moving across Ukraine.
They've tried unsuccessfully to take the Lviv airfield. I'm not sure how else they would be able to. That's not a small border and they'd have to consider Romania too
Waffledynamics
AG
Rapier108 said:

If Putin goes full 'tard and decides to deploy something beyond currently in use conventional weapons, it will likely the aforementioned thermoberic bombs. All of the bang of a low yield nuke, but without the radiation and global condemnation. Russia already used thermoberic weapons in Syria on numerous occasions.

Here is the Russians playing with their TOS-1 in 2019.

Oh I would not bet on no global condemnation.
Aggie95
AG
RedNeckGamer88 said:

This is being refered to as the "green new deal" war for a reason.
AggieKeith15
AG
EKUAg said:

RedNeckGamer88 said:

Germany had 6 operational power plants before they shut down 3 at the end of 2021. The other 3 are supposed to shut down at the end of 2022.

They are idiots.

Proof just how deadly climate change really is...

....except it is not mother nature causing it.
CondensedFogAggie
Deplorable
Personally I'm highly skeptical that Ukraine is doing this well and it isn't all just propaganda. We're going off Twitter accounts, Ukraine sources (it would seem), Biden admin officials, and CNN. I believe Putin and Pravda as much as the latter two.
amercer
AG
Charpie said:

I still love Marco.

And I find it fascinating that he's tweeting the things that he is. I ****ing love it.

Pretty sure by the transitive property of "the enemy or my enemy is my friend" , Marco is Ukrainian.

Castro > Putin > **** those guys
Ags4DaWin
What is the range on those?

Looks like the armaments could be taken out before they are positioned to fire.
agsalaska
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

agsalaska said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

JobSecurity said:

I wonder if the orders relate to the post earlier about orders to take Kyiv by Monday at any cost?

Then we're more than likely about to see Kyiv turn into a modern day Dresden.
No way. I don't see it happening.

I was being hyperbolic, but I think Putin would probably find some degree of destroying the city as acceptable. They've displayed a willingness to deal damage without regard before in both Chechnya and Syria.
I get your point. But I just do not get the feeling that he can get away with that. He may not have forces willing to do it. The surrounding countries may not allow it.

Aleppo and Sarajevo happened because they were really civil wars. Grozny was in Asia. This is a major capital city of a sovereign western European democracy.

Don't think so. Maybe there will be some limited sporadic shelling and maybe even several thousand casualties. But nothing like the others.

That's what I have not understood this entire time. How in the hell does Putin think he is going to take a city the size of San Diego with an armed and ready to die population without, I dont know, half a million troops?

I think Putin is in a lot of trouble.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

jabberwalkie09
AG
clw04 said:

Russia is having a tough enough time to control the areas that it currently has and hasn't taken a major city center. I don't really see them making a play for that. The Russians have largely stayed away from the western part of the country. They would have to push down from Belarus imo. Even then, Poland is only one part of the equation since Ukraine borders Romania, Hungary, and Slovakia. A lot of real estate that would need quite a few assets.

The one reported attempt to do an air assault/paratroop insertion said that they tried to land and they chased them into the tree line.
Chef Elko
AG
Suhmymuhfuhdihbih
richardag
Keegan99 said:

Shock & Awe was 2003, not the Gulf War.
My mistake
JobSecurity
AG
Very skeptical of this but would be massive

flashplayer
AG
OG UNF said:

Personally I'm highly skeptical that Ukraine is doing this well and it isn't all just propaganda. We're going off Twitter accounts, Ukraine sources (it would seem), Biden admin officials, and CNN. I believe Putin and Pravda as much as the latter two.

I hate all the entities you named. But if you believe Putin the same as those other morons…. He literally told the world his justification for this is denazification. If they were doing well you would be seeing Russian military parades through the streets right now. I give some credence to what Rubio is pushing out there. Not absolute truth but closer to it.
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.