***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,677 Views | 47735 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by 74OA
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

"BREAKING: Japan is considering imposing sanctions on Belarus for its role in Ukraine war"

Looks like the sanctions may be expanding

Forgive me for ignorance on this one, but what kind of serious trading was even being done between Japan and Belarus? Just doesn't seem like this small statement matters much. Now when you add it all the other nations around the world getting involved that changes things. Legitimately curious on any kind of Japan Belarus trade.
jabberwalkie09
AG
10thYrSr
Chipotlemonger said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

"BREAKING: Japan is considering imposing sanctions on Belarus for its role in Ukraine war"

Looks like the sanctions may be expanding

Forgive me for ignorance on this one, but what kind of serious trading was even being done between Japan and Belarus? Just doesn't seem like this small statement matters much. Now when you add it all the other nations around the world getting involved that changes things. Legitimately curious on any kind of Japan Belarus trade.

This whole thing is a dog and Pony show for those with no skin in the game
You are still innocent until proven guilty. What's changed is what they do to innocent people.

Look closer at your sound card. Does it say "Sorny" or "Panaphonics" on it? Buying computers from a kangaroo in an alleyway will get you what you pay for.
TRM
AG
Keegan99
AG
Engine10
AG
Nice kill but sorry I'm lmao at the safety reflector triangle in the middle of a warzone
FireAg
AG
Engine10 said:

Nice kill but sorry I'm lmao at the safety reflector triangle in the middle of a warzone

Can't have any OSHA recordables to add to the carnage…
lb3
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

One point. Russia will not concede defeat. This is going to escalate, and we have no idea how far. They aren't simply going to say "oops" and retreat. Where will that take us?
Yep. Thats my view as well.

When you have people threatening to crash the gd international space station, its not a good sign.

My biggest concern is all cyber-warfare on the west in response to sanctions.

This **** is gonna get out of hand.

I'm not optimistic.

And that's the type of rhetoric that moved me from "I feel bad for Ukraine and wish we could do more but there's not a winning way to get involved" to "I hope at dawn we see rows and rows of destroyed Russian mech and a bunch of US f-35s suspiciously landing at various air fields." For me it went from this sucks but isn't our fight to putin is a rabid dog that needs to be put down.
I'm in the same boat. Last week this was Europe's mess then I spent over an hour reading Putin's transcripts and have concluded that he must be stopped.

To make this tactics related, I always viewed Putin as cold and ruthless but also calculating and pragmatic in his pursuit of Russian interests. Putin in his public address is maniacal and out to settle scores and restore the CCCP. In that context, there are no limits to how barbaric he may become to save face if this goes sideways.

As for talks of nukes, I only see them being employed if foreign troops are on Russian soil and threatening Moscow or their nuclear deterrent is compromised.
Not a Bot
AG
https://www.saab.com/products/nlaw

If I'm not mistaken, the Brits gave them a ton of these. They are carried and operated by one person. Very easy to train and use.

It does not use a traditional target lock system. Basically point at your target for a few seconds and pull the trigger. Uses some sort of magnetic signature matching for guidance. It does the rest of the work on its own, can be programmed to go direct trajectory or top down like a javelin.

Robk
Morale seems pretty good, as it should.

https://v.redd.it/4ycbahadn1k81
TRM
AG
Fighting starting up again.
BenFiasco14
AG
The Ukrainians made it through the night looks like
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
10thYrSr
This topic is not onboard with the mission of this thread. I'll be be happy to engage you on another thread
bangobango
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

The Ukrainians made it through the night looks like

I'm seriously shocked. I thought this would end tonight. Super happy I was wrong.
jabberwalkie09
AG
JobSecurity
AG
RangerRick9211
AG
https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1497450853380280320?s=20&t=2bVZPlR6gBuSUrzchA19Jg

Dude. So much respect. But legit, stop broadcasting your location with live-streams.
FireAg
AG
JobSecurity said:

That dude is just a flat out badass…
jabberwalkie09
AG
He's got some serious stones. Hope they can continue to hold.
GarryowenAg
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

What is this regarding?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Those are cluster munitions canisters from what looks like near Kharkiv.
GarryowenAg
AG
Gracias. I missed it.
Eliminatus
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1497450853380280320?s=20&t=2bVZPlR6gBuSUrzchA19Jg

Dude. So much respect. But legit, stop broadcasting your location with live-streams.
He's been streaming live from the same place two mornings in a row. It's awesome but also screaming for a Russian sniper. And we KNOW there are Russian SF in Kiev.
Not a Bot
AG
Quote:

"There is a lot of fake info that I am telling our army to lay down arms. I am here and our army is not laying down arms. We will fight for our land".

Looks like Russia doing a lot of disinformation campaigning. Maybe that's why they've kept the cell service, internet, and power on.
Keegan99
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Keegan99 said:

Beware of propaganda. This may be highly exaggerated.

I hope it's correct, though.
BTHOtrolls
AG
Don't use Twitter…. Was this actually "live" on Twitter or was it pre recorded and then posted?
Not a Bot
AG
RangerRick9211
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Quote:

"There is a lot of fake info that I am telling our army to lay down arms. I am here and our army is not laying down arms. We will fight for our land".

Looks like Russia doing a lot of disinformation campaigning. Maybe that's why they've kept the cell service, internet, and power on.

r/Russia is actually a different planet right now. Claims they are being met as liberators by Ukrainian population. Claims the Snake Island was a complete surrender of 80 combatants (not the 13). All direct links to the Russian DoD statements.
GarryowenAg
AG
Keegan99 said:

Is this combined, or just last 24hr?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Captain Positivity said:

*takes off glasses and rolls eyes* Another one?
Not a Bot
AG
Unfortunately that's likely all the Russian population is hearing.
Eliminatus
AG
Keegan99 said:

I saw a lot of people doubting these figures, and there is no way there are accurate down to the ones place. If Uke SF are rampaging in the rear lines along with partisans though, I see no reason to think these are horribly inflated. Reports were indicating poorly trained Russian ground forces reluctant to dismount and fight. If the Ukes are popping Russian armor as said, Russians are likely taking casualties in lots of 4-12 at a time.

Urban fighting also grinds down infantry at an astronomical rate.

I think it is more and more clear with each hour that Russia was not ready for this.
Not a Bot
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 70 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.