***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,631 Views | 47735 Replies | Last: 34 min ago by 74OA
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Seabreeze said:

They using MOAB's now? That what it looks like.

They have thermobarics in their arsenal, both bombs and rocket artillery iirc. I'm wondering if what we're seeing is more cruise missile strikes.

But that definitely looks like a themobaric explosion in my untrained eyes.
Who?mikejones!
TheCougarHunter said:

Nitro Power said:

Is it possible that Ukraine was better armed and prepared than anyone thought?

Russia has the capital encircled and complete superiority on land sea and air within 48 hours, so no.

Where do you see that?
LMCane
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

txags92 said:

Nitro Power said:

Is there any chance more countries get involved to help Ukraine with manpower, now that they have shown they at least have a punchers chance? Also as another poster pointed out their tech and strategies seem outdated.
Very hard to bring in the heavy equipment and troops to do so in such a kinetic environment. The same things that plagued the Russian attempts to land paratroopers would likely befall any force trying to come in by air in numbers large enough to make a difference. Best thing anybody could do if they really want to help at this point militarily is keep sending the MANPADS and Anti tank weapons, and help the Ukrainians with air superiority. If they have not already been practicing with the Ukrainian AF though, it would be very difficult for another AF's planes to be effective without a high risk of friendly fire incidents.
True unless they wait until Russia has encircled Kyiv and they come behind them from the west. IMHO all options should be looked at. Is it NATO's responsibility? No. However, making Russia as a country and it's "super power" a thing of the past wouldn't be a bad thing either. This might help China rethink things.
That is a HORRENDOUS idea.

I don't understand how some on here can so blithely talk about starting a war with the second or third most powerful nation in the entire world

which happens to have tactical and strategic nuclear weapons, and a doctrine of first usage of them.

and our Commander in Chief is Joe Biden.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Nitro Power said:

Russia has the capital encircled and complete superiority on land sea and air within 48 hours, so no.

Where do you see that?

The news
FireAg
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Nitro Power said:

Their planes and helicopters continue to get knocked down and no bombs have fallen in Kyiv yet…

Not sure I agree with air superiority…
aggiehawg
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Seabreeze said:

They have thermobarics in their arsenal, both bombs and rocket artillery iirc. I'm wondering if what we're seeing is more cruise missile strikes.

Are those banned for use in urban areas? Because if they are not, Kremlin would be an interesting target.
ABATTBQ11
AG
FireAg said:

I'm not sure the Russians have air superiority over Ukraine at large, and I'm puzzled as to why not…

Maybe Ukrainians bide their time to wait for targets of opportunity before exposing their air defenses by engaging them, then move them.
LMCane
Zelensky should keep a camera man close and film hours of footage tonight leading troops in Kyiv

then before sunup get the hell out to Lviv in some innocuous SUV and have the rest of the government disperse to near the Polish border

then like Bin Laden, put out a video every few hours showing him in Kyiv
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I agree about the Commander in Chief part... I know it is a far fetch dream because of that also. However, Russia has always portrayed to be this almighty war power and clearly with the Ukes giving them hell; the world shouldn't continue to view them as old school Motherland. In fact, it appears their younger generation is strung out on TikTok, Tinder, and other social media just like our younger generation. Who is to say Russian powers of old is what they currently are? Letting this fear linger is how they continue to keep the power.

Just a thought.
TheCougarHunter
AG
FireAg said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Nitro Power said:

Their planes and helicopters continue to get knocked down and no bombs have fallen in Kyiv yet…

They could have carpet-bombed and leveled Kiev by now if they wanted to. Their plan is to encircle Kiev and negotiate from a position of strength. If that falls through then all bets are off.
Sharpshooter
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Seabreeze said:

UR not very intelligent. Stop posting inflamatory crap. Go Ukraine!!!
Nitro Power
AG

I agree about the Commander in Chief part... I know it is a far fetch dream because of that also. However, Russia has always portrayed to be this almighty war power and clearly with the Ukes giving them hell; the world shouldn't continue to view them as old school Motherland. In fact, it appears their younger generation is strung out on TikTok, Tinder, and other social media just like our younger generation. Who is to say Russian powers of old is what they currently are? Letting this fear linger is how they continue to keep the power.

Just a thought.
That's my point. Also, this "tactical" nuke stuff needs to stop. Again, there is zero chance they use anything nuclear. I would think this is pretty embarrassing for Russia.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Some updates from Kyiv. Booms on CNN's broadcast.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

FireAg said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Nitro Power said:

They could have carpet-bombed and leveled Kiev by now if they wanted to. Their plan is to encircle Kiev and negotiate from a position of strength. If that falls through then all bets are off.

Based on how the CNN's Moscow correspondent explained it, when Zelensky recommended that negations should be in Warsaw and not Minsk talks for negotiations pretty much ended. Giving the impression that calls for negotiations was not genuine.

Imagine my shock at Russian duplicity.
jabberwalkie09
AG
aggiehawg said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Seabreeze said:

Are those banned for use in urban areas? Because if they are not, Kremlin would be an interesting target.

AFAIK no, not as long as attacking a legitimate military target. The line is when the civilian population is a target itself.
JobSecurity
AG
Ragoo
AG

Just a thought.
how is Russia seen as a war power? They lost like 20,000,000 people in WWII.
aggiehawg
AG

Just a thought.
And their last major engagement was Afghanistan. That didn't work out well in the end for them either.
Spaceship
AG
JobSecurity said:

Lots of report of gorilla warfare coming in.
LMCane
TheCougarHunter said:

FireAg said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Nitro Power said:

Agreed

for all those feigning horror at Russian war crimes over the last two days...

THIS is Syria and Chechnya under Russian bombardment

Premium
AG
Spaceship said:

JobSecurity said:

Lots of report of gorilla warfare coming in.

I see it
Nitro Power
AG
So far Russia hasn't been able to take (or keep) and airport, and have tanks running out of fuel. They have been trying since this morning to get to the city, and they have tried at least a couple of times to takeover a power plant. All failures. It might be time to realize Russia is not the mighty power we thought.
jabberwalkie09
AG
LMCane
aggiehawg said:

Just a thought.
And their last major engagement was Afghanistan. That didn't work out well in the end for them either.
Not true at all.

the Russians have been heavily engaged in Syria the last three years and that turned out VERY well for them. they literally decimated the Jihadi offensives and allowed Assad to retake most of the country.
jabberwalkie09
AG
LMCane
Nitro Power said:

So far Russia hasn't been able to take (or keep) and airport, and have tanks running out of fuel. They have been trying since this morning to get to the city, and they have tried at least a couple of times to takeover a power plant. All failures. It might be time to realize Russia is not the mighty power we thought.

So you want us to just ignore the fact that the Russians have moved 90 miles in the last 2 days and are INSIDE the enemy capitol city.

aggiehawg
AG
LMCane said:

aggiehawg said:

Just a thought.
Not true at all.

the Russians have been heavily engaged in Syria the last three years and that turned out VERY well for them. they literally decimated the Jihadi offensives and allowed Assad to retake most of the country.
That is what you consider a military success?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
jabberwalkie09 said:

They should let out all of the big cats and let them roam free.
Who?mikejones!
Silvertaps
AG
Just want to jump in here and say thank you to those post updates. Great thread and very informative. Although some try to derail, thanks to those that keep it back on topic.
richardag

Just a thought.
The propaganda always portrays Russian military hardware as top of the line.

It should be remembered that failure to produce in a dictatorship sometimes leads people to invent numbers and shade results to protect themselves from retribution. I am in no position to provide facts but I have an inkling Putin and his Generals may have greater expectations of their military than the boots on the ground can produce.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Maybe they remember the famines under Stalin. Or maybe they are dealing with their own problems. Actually, both probably.
Eliminatus
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Damn, that is about as intense as it can get with small unit action, which I imagine this is.

I will admit I was wondering if the Uke citizenry would truly fight in numbers that matter. I think that is still to be seen as a binary yes or no, but stuff like this also make me shut the **** up. Brave fighters. I, like several other here, have gone through urban fighting like this and it is a tactical nightmare where resolve, small unit leadership, and just plain ole luck will likely carry the day.

If these are really just average joes fighting in the middle of this....utmost respect.

I really do try to be even keeled here on TA and those who know my post history can recognize that I hope. That being said, this is the stuff that keeps me up at night with clenched fists. **** all these commies. I hope every single one of them dies screaming, trapped in their burning vehicles.

To not derail, I do wonder how intact organized uniformed Uke forces are in Kiev. This is shaping up to be the big battle and units get chopped up fast in this kind of fighting. I think they have kept their semblance of an organized fighting force in the field (against all odds) but city stuff like this is a whole nother story.
FireAg
AG
LMCane said:

Nitro Power said:

So you want us to just ignore the fact that the Russians have moved 90 miles in the last 2 days and are INSIDE the enemy capitol city.

A lot of military experts are saying these first two days have not gone well for Vlad…

I don't see how Ukraine can fend them off forever, but this hasn't been an overwhelming, dominant success yet…
aeroag14
AG
Reports of a second IL76 downed by the Ukes
First Page Last Page
Page 61 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.