***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,989 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
MarkTwain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MaroonStain said:

It is... Ukes have taken back both airports. It was an update at the bottom of a page of an ongoing thread a few pages back in this thread.

Supposedly, Russia is now planning to take an airport further west because they keep getting kicked out of the airports in the more populated areas.
Kiev is served by a total of three international airports: Borispil International Airport, Kyiv Zhulyany Airport and Gostomel Airport.

Antonov International Airport is 35 miles west of Kyiv and was capture yesterday by a small russian force then recaptured by Ukraine a few hours later, however Russian came in this morning with a larger force and recaptured it again as confirmed by the Ukrainian Minister's off. As much as I hate to admit it CNN actually had a reporter on the ground this morning and witnessed it falling again

Russian have armor in the city of Kyiv currently. It's not a pretty picture going forward.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
MarkTwain
Putin is a maniac

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Caliber
AG
sicandtiredTXN said:

Putin is a maniac

You can cover a lot of war crimes if there are no bodies...
erudite
sicandtiredTXN said:

Putin is a maniac

That got debunked earlier as apparently it was a mobile garbage incinerator from a commercial.

Remember what I said about the agreement reached with Russia-China?

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3168278/ukraine-crisis-deepens-china-lifts-all-wheat-import
Quote:

China has announced it is fully open to Russian wheat imports, in the latest sign of their strengthening bilateral ties as the Ukraine crisis is unfolding before a global audience and in the wake of fresh sanctions being imposed on Moscow. The announcement by China's General Administration of Customs was made public on Thursday, hours after Russian troops launched a wide-ranging attack on Ukraine. However, the agreement was part of a package of deals made during Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to Beijing early this month. China had previously restricted imports of Russian grain due to phytosanitary concerns measures for the control of plant diseases, especially in agricultural crops and China's latest customs statement also said Russia would take all measures to mitigate infestation risks.

It appears that Ukraine is conscripting all men age 16-60.
CharlieBrown17
AG
FireAg said:

Gonna find out how good the Russians are at guerrilla warfare…

The US was not very good at it at all going into Afghanistan and Iraq and had to learn on the fly…

And while we aren't great at non centralized command, the Russians are even worse.

Though they'll also have way looser ROEs so that might be a wash.
erudite
CharlieBrown17 said:

FireAg said:

The US was not very good at it at all going into Afghanistan and Iraq and had to learn on the fly…

And while we aren't great at non centralized command, the Russians are even worse.

Current Russians are going in with kid gloves. No targeted attacks on the electrical grid yet and no Chechnya style "Napalm the entire city to the ground".
oneeyedag
Waffledynamics said:

He has a mask, some badass music blaring, and made it through; so doing pretty well!
Who?mikejones!
Ukraine is whipping some ass. The Russians might eventually take over via sheer numbers, but the ukes are making them earn it.

The Russians split their forces too much and didn't bring enough to overwhelm well dug in troops. They didn't completely own the sky. If they want to win, they better push the level all the way down. It's like they thought they'd waltz in and people would just keel over.

I read the ukes have over 400k veterans from fighting the Russians since 2014. That's no joke.
MarkTwain
erudite said:

sicandtiredTXN said:

Putin is a maniac

That got debunked earlier as apparently it was a mobile garbage incinerator from a commercial.

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3168278/ukraine-crisis-deepens-china-lifts-all-wheat-import
Quote:

China has announced it is fully open to Russian wheat imports, in the latest sign of their strengthening bilateral ties as the Ukraine crisis is unfolding before a global audience and in the wake of fresh sanctions being imposed on Moscow. The announcement by China's General Administration of Customs was made public on Thursday, hours after Russian troops launched a wide-ranging attack on Ukraine. However, the agreement was part of a package of deals made during Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to Beijing early this month. China had previously restricted imports of Russian grain due to phytosanitary concerns measures for the control of plant diseases, especially in agricultural crops and China's latest customs statement also said Russia would take all measures to mitigate infestation risks.

Sorry I'll stick with Jennifer Griffin who just confirmed it on FNC and she spent ten years reporting from inside Russia and her credibility is pretty high in my book.
erudite
Agthatbuilds said:

Ukraine is whipping some ass. The Russians might eventually take over via sheer numbers, but the ukes are making them earn it.

The Russians split their forces too much and didn't bring enough to overwhelm well dug in troops. They didn't completely own the sky. If they want to win, they better push the level all the way down. It's like they thought they'd waltz in and people would just keel over.

I read the ukes have over 400k veterans from fighting the Russians since 2014. That's no joke.
It's about to get very ugly if the Ukrainians decide to fight it out in Kiyv. The Russians so far appear to be treating them with kid gloves like how our ROE was hamstrung in Iraq/Afghanistan.

There's gonna be massive casualties in a urban combat setting.
Who?mikejones!
erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

It's about to get very ugly if the Ukrainians decide to fight it out in Kiyv. The Russians so far appear to be treating them with kid gloves like how our ROE was hamstrung in Iraq/Afghanistan.

They are and it will. The Russians need to end this and end it fast if they want to avoid a real quagmire.
TX04Aggie
AG
The guerrilla phase that this is headed for is going to be insane and sad. However the images and video that will be captured from doing it in such a large city can turn the tide on international opinion even more if you see a bunch of Russians killing and destroying without discretion and impunity.
Ag In Ok
AG
I take it we have no means to resupply then with the advanced hardware that leveled the field somewhat with Russian armor and air power? Are we down to just intel?
GarryowenAg
AG
erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Just my opinion, but I don't think they can blame their ROE for a lack of progress. I think their battle plans were so diluted that they weren't able to mass forces to shape the battlefield as they anticipated due to heavy resistance. I think the Ukes are waaay outperforming what we all expected.
BQ08
AG
erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Just read up on Russian forces in Grozny… they don't do combined operations very well, which is essential in an urban environment. Hope the Ukrainians studied it as well.
TX04Aggie
AG
NATO meeting happening now.
erudite
sicandtiredTXN said:

erudite said:

sicandtiredTXN said:

Putin is a maniac

Quote:

Sorry I'll stick with Jennifer Griffin who just confirmed it on FNC and she spent ten years reporting from inside Russia and her credibility is pretty high in my book.
You want proof? Here is your proof.
If you still believe I've got some radiation free property in reactor 4 to sell you. This picture is a still from a video in 2014.
I find it extremely unlikely that they would shoot a video with the exact same truck and building in the background in the prelude to a war eight years later.

https://www.palitravideo.ge/video/49620-ratom-gadaeca-rusethis-armias-6-modzravi-krematoriumi/

Upload date: 15:43 / 06-09-2014
WolfCall
AG

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10551461/Eerie-silence-Kyivs-Independence-Square-Russian-troops-roll-in.html
Quote:

Eerie silence in Kyiv's Independence Square as Russian troops advance: Americans who spent the night in subway stations run for their lives as others are forced to BRIBE Romanian border police $100 each to get to safety

• Russian troops are in Kyiv and there are fears the city will fall to Putin before the end of the weekend
  • Americans were among the thousands who spent a second night in subway shelters to hide from air missiles
  • Craig Arend, a former New York Times photographer and entrepreneur, spoke to DailyMail.com from the Maidan metro station at Independence Square
  • He - like some 23,000 Americans - ignored advice to flee Ukraine because they all underestimated Putin would strike
  • At dawn on Friday, Arend was allowed out of the station by Ukrainian police who locked the doors overnight
  • He 'ran for his life' across the square to his apartment where he is now waiting to be picked up and driven to the Polish border
  • Biden warned Americans earlier this month that he would not come to save them if war broke out
  • Republicans are dissatisfied and are demanding that he help them after failing to thwart Putin's invasion
  • Ukrainians are arming themselves to fight and troops are now trying to fortify Kyiv after a night of airstrikes
By JENNIFER SMITH, CHIEF REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 09:06 EST, 25 February 2022 | UPDATED: 09:19 EST, 25 February 2022
GarryowenAg
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Great. More finger waging.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Global involvement picking up steam....

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Seems like things are about to go from bad to really ugly pretty quickly.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
agent-maroon
AG
GarryowenAg said:

TX04Aggie said:

Great. More finger waging.
Everybody brace yourselves for a strongly worded statement
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
erudite
GarryowenAg said:

erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Just my opinion, but I don't think they can blame their ROE for a lack of progress. I think their battle plans were so diluted that they weren't able to mass forces to shape the battlefield as they anticipated due to heavy resistance. I think the Ukes are waaay outperforming what we all expected.
Like I said earlier. A miracle at the Dnieper may still be possible, however unlikely. If Zelenskyy and his generals manage to pull it off, they will be remembered in history.
Who?mikejones!
Radio reports Russian less than 2 miles from Kiev
TRM
AG
Eliminatus said:

That massive convoy I was watching live and *****ing at driving around unmolested turned around and came back the other way and took another side road. Figured they were just lost.

Think I found out why. Location matches up too. Someone definitely molested them and really tore those artillery pieces up. Any idea what from the damage? Don't think it was air from the location deep in the south.
With all the bridges they probably have anti-armor traps set up at each crossing.
jabberwalkie09
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG

Eliminatus
AG
TRM said:

Eliminatus said:

That massive convoy I was watching live and *****ing at driving around unmolested turned around and came back the other way and took another side road. Figured they were just lost.

Think I found out why. Location matches up too. Someone definitely molested them and really tore those artillery pieces up. Any idea what from the damage? Don't think it was air from the location deep in the south.
With all the bridges they probably have anti-armor traps set up at each crossing.
Which I would suspect if it were just the lead vehicle taken out but it was at least four ripped up by heavy explosions. Definitely looked like an ambush. Maybe even partisan or Uke SF operating behind the lines.
LMCane
jabberwalkie09 said:

frankly that is hilarious that the Ukrainian FM is using "Never Again" as a rallying cry.

Considering that the Ukrainians were initially strong supporters and allies of the Nazis in 1941

and did more than almost any other people to hunt down their Jews and murder them.
erudite
Reports of a successful ambush against the Russians in Kiev
BusterAg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Don't know if this is for this thread or the other

But, really????
If our leaders had any testicles at all, we would be assisting the Ukraine with informational intelligence to help them blow the hell out of the Nord Stream pipeline. I would think that a well armed commando unit coming in to Russia from Finland could likely find a weak spot. It's a lot of pipe to defend.
Who?mikejones!

LMCane
jabberwalkie09 said:

what is the point of showing this type of video of massive Russian forces being confronted by one individual Uke citizen?

I don't see how that adds to our knowledge of the tactical and strategic situation

Spaceship
AG
My brother-in-law and his family are in Melitopol which is in southeastern Ukraine. They were under Russian control by lunch time yesterday. They lost power and phone service overnight, but its restored now. There has been street combat in the city and he said quite a few Russian soldiers have been killed. He said the Russians really aren't engaging with the locals and seems they've been directed not to harm locals.

His business windows were blown out and they are boarding them up now with plywood to prevent theft. Yesterday he sent his son to the grocery store and waited in line for hours for one bag of food. They have the option to go to Poland (they are US-duel citizens), but are waiting for things to calm down before they try to cross the entire country to head west. His church has opened up, and is full of women and children being housed and fed.

They have friends all over Europe and have been contacted by people all over the world inviting them to come shelter with them if/when they need. Americans have been sending them money as well, but right now they can't get that through the banking system.

Just some interesting notes from a local perspective. We're praying for their safety and protection.
nortex97
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

FireAg said:

Very true on the ROE, and notably in our PC army as well as others handling things like guerrilla warfare in enemy territory is a very perishable skill. But the Russians have some leadership with experience from Syria/other places, too (though the muslim groups there are not very skilled in general, imho).

The Russian army has a reputation for not worrying about civilian casualties etc. I don't know if that is really fair or just more of an 'old army/war' attitude, but I bet this gets pretty darn ugly this weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.