***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,547,653 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by 74OA
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are we between offensive pushes right now?
aezmvp
SidsBurnerAccount said:

htownag10 said:

Interesting nuggets on the Ukrainian Navy. First reports were they'd been completely sunk and caught napping in harbor (fog of war I suppose). Wish I could find some info on what's really happening with them.
They dont have much. Would have liked to see them take a missile boat swarm approach like Iran.
SidsBurnerAccount
TwoMarksHand said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

Aw crap. We are doomed. Mayorkas is a disaster.

What does this tweet mean? Threat of Rusky cyberwar with US?
I imagine so. My wife handles risk for a major institution and she was receiving Russian cyberthreat warnings from the Feds a week ago.
Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Are we between offensive pushes right now.

Yes. Calm before the storm of the next.
aezmvp
Waffledynamics said:

Night time. Russian army may be significantly less capable of night fighting than we thought.
cone
AG
I would assume the vast majority

single day Ukrainian ace? Outrageous claim.
cone
AG
this is very interesting
jabberwalkie09
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Are we between offensive pushes right now?

Basically yes. I think we can expect more artillery attacks, missile attacks, and add in likely air strikes. Limitations for units to effectively do combat operations and navigate at night is reduced.
Nitro Power
AG
I agree here. Anything nuclear and all hell will break loose. Think of it like this why rob an atm, when you can rob the entire bank. Either way you are boned.
AggieKO
AG
The longer this goes on the least likely I see us not getting involved.
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

aggiehawg said:

Positive Ag said:

If Putin fails his own party will take care of him.
Not that sure of that. Russian education has been in the toilet for decades. Only people in Russia that know much of anything are in that position because of Putin. Knowledge is power. And the average Russian doesn't have a lot.

But some do. Russians don't want this war with Ukraine.

They will if we cut them off from the world financially. Everyone is loyal to the mob boss until they see cracks. Then people start scheming.
That could be the ultimate end in several years. Doubt it happens fast though without a major misstep by Putin.
Eliminatus
AG
aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

Night time. Russian army may be significantly less capable of night fighting than we thought.
I think the initial numbers of top tier Russian units in their arsenal were overestimated or they are not committing them in the numbers I thought they would.

Have seen from US Intel sources that Moscow is definitely holding back in this invasion though. Wonder how long it takes before they say **** it and pull out all the toys and numbers we suspect they have.
SidsBurnerAccount
Positive Ag said:

If Putin fails his own party will take care of him.
I think this is the best chance for a positive outcome. Russia ramps up the attack in the Ukraine, but Ukes keep holding on. Russian disaffected units quit. Growing anti-war crowds in Russia grow and can't be controlled by the police. Western sanctions hit oligarchs hard. Oligarchs decide they like being able to travel to London and other parts of the West. They get together with a couple of generals and remove Putin. Return the the status quo.
Rossticus
aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

Proving to be significant advantage for Ukraine. We equipped them well.
EKUAg
AG
Eliminatus said:

aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

I think the initial numbers of top tier Russian units in their arsenal were overestimated or they are not committing them in the numbers I thought they would.

Have seen from US Intel sources that Moscow is definitely holding back in this invasion though. Wonder how long it takes before they say **** it and pull out all the toys and numbers we suspect they have.

It is possible Putin and the military leadership thought that Ukraine would just gold. Apparently not.
GAC06
AG
I think they're facing much stiffer resistance than they expected. If civilians really take up arms as partisans, this will go very badly for Russia.
jabberwalkie09
AG

I know this was posted earlier, but the translation I hadn't seen.
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

Night vision goggles, that tech is not widely available?
SidsBurnerAccount
EKUAg said:

It is possible Putin and the military leadership thought that Ukraine would just gold. Apparently not.
I think that was their original thinking and why the Turkish planes were let in 3 hours before the attack. Give the Ukrainian government a way to flee and the Ukes fold. The president instead stayed.
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

Military grade equipment is not cheap. Providing and maintaining hundreds of thousands of units. Some have them but many don't.
GAC06
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

Russia isn't as good at night as we are. It's a matter of cost and training and doctrine
jabberwalkie09
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

Iirc NVG's, especially the most recent generations, are going to be restricted under ITAR on the US side.
Rossticus
US is starting to try and back out of continuing to arm Ukraine for the purposes of protracted insurgency.
reineraggie09
AG
aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

I was wondering the same thing. They attacked at dawn and seemed to back off at dark.
Love Gun
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

Capabilities differ between those with different technologies of night vision. Imagine looking at your enemy through green HD TV, or watching TV an inch away from a TV made in the early 80's
**** Joe Biden
W
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Are they gonna carpet bomb Kiev or do precision strikes?

When have the Russians ever chosen precision over terror?
excellent point.

Putin may just go total warfare (a la the Eastern Front) to end the battle as soon as possible
Who?mikejones!
Rossticus said:

aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

Wouldnt a pause also allow for the alleged incoming bombing attack to soften up their target without putting Russian troops in danger of being bombed themselves?
GAC06
AG
It's also natural for an offensive to slow and pause. People get tired. Vehicles need fuel and ammo and supplies need to be brought forward. Communication and actual unit locations can be points of friction. Add in actual losses and enemy action…
2wealfth Man
AG
I am curious as to what they want to use the 155's for? Ukrainian forces seem to be well dispersed.
ttu_85
ja86 said:

Poland and the Baltic states need to go in for a land grab. Then exchange them for concessions. Russia doesn't have the forces to fight a multi-front war.
NATO would not allow Poland to do this. Ya know that risk/reward/ timing thing. Lots of stuff on this thread is just silly speculation.
Who?mikejones!
Rossticus said:

Russian troops heart isn't in this at all based on OSINT live space. Extremely demoralized and many forced to sign up to be there at threat of violence.

Many haven't been getting regular rations. Many outright giving up to Ukrainians. Could end this if faced with frightening resistance and 50%+ would throw their hands up and surrender in a heartbeat.

Interesting. At what point do Russians commanders start executing their troops for running the wrong way?
jabberwalkie09
AG
2wealfth Man said:

I am curious as to what they want to use the 155's for? Ukrainian forces seem to be well dispersed.

Grid bombardment likely. I'd expect them to be used in cities.
hunter2012
AG
Love Gun said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

aezmvp said:

Waffledynamics said:

Capabilities differ between those with different technologies of night vision. Imagine looking at your enemy through green HD TV, or watching TV an inch away from a TV made in the early 80's

If Desert Shield taught us anything it's that militaries that are combat effective at night are effective round the clock vs half the day and hunker at night and you'll be stationary and unknowing targets. It's a major tactical advantage for whomever is more effective at night.
Rossticus
Agthatbuilds said:

Rossticus said:

Russian troops heart isn't in this at all based on OSINT live space. Extremely demoralized and many forced to sign up to be there at threat of violence.

Many haven't been getting regular rations. Many outright giving up to Ukrainians. Could end this if faced with frightening resistance and 50%+ would throw their hands up and surrender in a heartbeat.

Interesting. At what point do Russians commanders start executing their troops for running the wrong way?

Win for Ukraine either way.
Who?mikejones!
It certainly wouldn't hurt!
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.