***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,543,005 Views | 47726 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by P.U.T.U
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Engine10 said:

Fugggg

Looks like Vlad is done trying to fight this within what we would consider normal combat. I'm thinking we're about to see some total warfare.
If indiscriminate arty fire does happen on such a large population center, does this bring in outside forces finally? This would be a war crime by todays standards and one of the reasons why the UN continues to exist on paper..

This could get real nasty, real fast and I have stated already I don't see a faster way to escalation than this type of fighting.
jabberwalkie09
AG
will25u said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Engine10 said:

Fugggg

Looks like Vlad is done trying to fight this within what we would consider normal combat. I'm thinking we're about to see some total warfare.

Trying to demoralize the populace. Kiev is a rallying point/point of pride.

In all likelihood it's about to become a modern day Dresde if taken to the extreme. This is going to be ****ing awful.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Rossticus said:

Good point just brought up. What happens if Russia gets bogged down and resorts to use of chemical weapons? Is that a tipping point or do we allow it?
Do we allow it?

Amassing an army at Ukraine's border is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Crossing over Ukraine's border is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Occupying eastern portions of Ukraine is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Targeting civilian infrastructure is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Advancing towards Kiev is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Do we allow it? LOL
flashplayer
AG
No one is touching Russia for war crimes. You only get to do that when you are a conquering force, to the conquered. More likely is that a batch of opposition Ukrainians will be accused of war crimes by Putin and disappear forever.
Rossticus
Sharpshooter said:

Rossticus said:

Still a lot of civilians there. It's going to be ghastly.
Come on, NATO, get off of your worthless ass.

Makes you wonder, if Japan hadn't attacked us, the Jews would have been exterminated and Europe overrun.
Engine10
AG
Agree, think he's going for the W, no more PGMs on hard military targets. Trying to crush fighting spirit

If that plays out, Russia will get crushed on the world stage IMO. Tepid response so far but this opens for door to crush them
GarryowenAg
AG
Eliminatus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Engine10 said:

Fugggg

If indiscriminate arty fire does happen on such a large population center, does this bring in outside forces finally? This would be a war crime by todays standards and one of the reasons why the UN continues to exist on paper..

This could get real nasty, real fast and I have stated already I don't see a faster way to escalation than this type of fighting.

Great analysis.

I was trying to say this same thing but couldn't come up with the right thought to write out. This will get costly, fast.
Rossticus
Ducks4brkfast said:

Rossticus said:

Good point just brought up. What happens if Russia gets bogged down and resorts to use of chemical weapons? Is that a tipping point or do we allow it?
Do we allow it?

Amassing an army at Ukraine's border is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Crossing over Ukraine's border is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Occupying eastern portions of Ukraine is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Targeting civilian infrastructure is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Advancing towards Kiev is unacceptable and we as the global community will not allow it!!

Do we allow it? LOL

It was a purposefully rhetorical/ironic question due specifically to the points you just mentioned.
Waffledynamics
AG
Engine10 said:

Agree, think he's going for the W, no more PGMs on hard military targets. Trying to crush fighting spirit

If that plays out, Russia will get crushed on the world stage IMO. Tepid response so far but this opens for door to crush them

What gives you this impression?
Rossticus
Eliminatus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Engine10 said:

Fugggg

No. We're prepared to watch a lot of people die to make sure nobody except Ukrainians die. Whether you think it's right, wrong, or otherwise, the table is set.

Get ready to see lots of pics and vids of mothers crying hysterically over the bodies of shredded children, old women bawling over their sons.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Engine10 said:

They just invaded a sovereign nation based on pretext, you think Putin gives a **** what the NYT says?
This message has been self-censored to comply with the state policies of F16 and the mandates following the Cultural Cleansing Post Purge of 2021. All efforts have been made to ensure that this post does not offend anyone.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
If Putin catches Zelisnky, are we gonna get a war crimes tribunal and an execution?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Jay Reimenschneider said:

Engine10 said:

They just invaded a sovereign nation based on pretext, you think Putin gives a **** what the NYT says?

False pretext. Revisionist history false pretext.
jabberwalkie09
AG

If Putin catches Zelisnky, are we gonna get a war crimes tribunal and an execution?

You're optimistic that there would be a tribunal.
Sharpshooter
AG
Rossticus said:

Sharpshooter said:

Rossticus said:

Makes you wonder, if Japan hadn't attacked us, the Jews would have been exterminated and Europe overrun.
Agreed. I am old enough to remember my fathers talks about WWII. PS, thank you for the link to the St Javelin stickers/t-shirts. PSS, I don't think you are what some people on here think you are.
P.U.T.U
AG
Ukraine has to keep the supply line open or they fall quickly, supply is a huge part of war. At this point I do not think of any way for Ukraine to "win", Russia has the ability to surround and cut off supplies. Yeah they will look tough fighting but if Russia wants something they have the force to do it swiftly. A guerilla style battle would help Ukraine and makes Russia look bad since a lot of citizens would be killed.

As you saw by other eastern European and middle east wars, chemical attacks normally get the UN involved. Putin should know this and then it becomes an escalation/retaliate war where could easily lead to WW3. So far it looks like China, Russia, and Pakistan have already declared their alliances and there would be several more.

Chechens are experienced street fighters and both sides have elements from them. They also know how to be nasty so this could get interesting. Don't put it past Russia to have someone planted with the Ukes and do a chemical attack against the Russians, this would allow Russia to pretty much do whatever and be "justified".

Either way I see this getting nasty
Ciboag96
Quote:

Eliminatus
AG
Holy ****

I watched this on my ultrawide blown up many times. Zero doubt. That helos automated flares or just nick of time manual push of button saved that Russian. That was a MANPAD (likely Stinger) for sure that just deflects last second from flares and spins off to the right.

The pilot is very lucky, or very good, or both.
Rossticus
Sharpshooter said:

Rossticus said:

Sharpshooter said:

Rossticus said:

Agreed. I am old enough to remember my fathers talks about WWII. PS, thank you for the link to the St Javelin stickers/t-shirts. PSS, I don't think you are what some people on here think you are.
Engine10
AG
Nothing concrete but The military directive has been so straightforward so far, I don't think they're going to get cute. Incursion maybe a little more painful than they thought maybe but now they're within striking distance of the main objective and our intel that us come out has basically been on the money.

They want to end this as fast as possible, and the quickest way to do this is capitulation in Kyiv and/or capture of leadership. So I think they'll ignore secondary objectives like trying to encircle the eastern forces if they think they have a shot to take Kyiv and/or capture/break command and control

Ducks4brkfast
AG
I know
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Chechens are experienced street fighters and both sides have elements from them. They also know how to be nasty so this could get interesting. Don't put it past Russia to have someone planted with the Ukes and do a chemical attack against the Russians, this would allow Russia to pretty much do whatever and be "justified".
So are the Chechens still able to mount some guerilla offensives while Putin is otherwise distracted?
GAC06
AG
Eliminatus said:

Holy ****

I watched this on my ultrawide blown up many times. Zero doubt. That helos automated flares or just nick of time manual push of button saved that Russian. That was a MANPAD (likely Stinger) for sure that just deflects last second from flares and spins off to the right.

I'm a little disappointed in the stinger if that's what it was. Maybe it's older, but they should be able to disregard flares.

Ukrainians say they got a few though
deddog
AG
Eliminatus said:

Holy ****

Looked like there were 2 SAMs fired.
Both missed
1 at the start of the video (goes across the river) and 1 at the end
Eliminatus
AG

I suspect the same for the other Border Guard units that first night. We won't know for sure for a while though.

Gotta give it to the Ukes.
txags92
AG
Engine10 said:

So the UN is going to step up from a sternly worded condemnation to a VERY sternly worded condemnation? Biden is going to announce that he has a menu sheet of options he can deploy to respond? Germany is going to buy even more Russian oil and gas and encourage the rest of Europe to do the same? What exactly is the world going to do to "crush" him at this point? They have decided to let him take over a sovereign nation with no provocation. How he goes about doing it isn't going to change anything about the world's response in a way that would stop what is happening.
P.U.T.U
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

So are the Chechens still able to mount some guerilla offensives while Putin is otherwise distracted?
Rumors are is the right wing group of them is doing exactly that, trying to stir things up and cause issues for Russia
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
jabberwalkie09 said:

Engine10 said:

Sorry, but isn't pretext inherently false by definition?
aezmvp
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The Chechens have come to an accommodation with Putin. Their national guard units which act as a personal army for their leader are assisting the invasion. That tipped me off its a real invasion. You don't move those guys without a big reason.
jabberwalkie09
AG

jabberwalkie09 said:

Engine10 said:

It is indeed. I was just highlighting, not a correction.
JJxvi
AG

jabberwalkie09 said:

Engine10 said:

A pretext is a reason given that is not the real reason.

"False pretext" is likely a confusion of terminology because "false pretense" is a similar concept
aggiehawg
AG
P.U.T.U said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Rumors are is the right wing group of them is doing exactly that, trying to stir things up and cause issues for Russia
Thanks. Hadn't seen them in the news for several years and didn't know if Putin had put them completely down.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Yes sir! I was only making sure that i wasn't using it wrong all these years lol
Rossticus
Chef Elko
AG
https://youtube.com/channel/UCXZs3e_VSlYgrUuTqm3GgVA

This guy has a TON of great footage of the invasion so far. This is a must watch YouTube channel.
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.