***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,538,044 Views | 47719 Replies | Last: 16 sec ago by Waffledynamics
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Holy shiz…. They wouldn't put it on the damn agenda if they hadn't already had serious preliminary discussion and it had at least a slim chance of occurring. And releasing it publicly?!?!
Irish 2.0
Eliminatus
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Bold move. We already know a NATO enrollment is a line in the sand to him (Pre invasion). Wonder how an EU membership will trigger him.

Those little breakaways are feeling very spicy at the moment.
Rossticus
Irish 2.0 said:

Bwahahahaha!!! Oh, come the fork on. Lmao!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

Holy shiz…. They wouldn't put it on the damn agenda if they hadn't already had serious preliminary discussion and it had at least a slim chance of occurring. And releasing it publicly?!?!

This has been mentioned a couple of times iirc since Monday.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

If you take Russia off SWIFT, 99% of the companies in Russia that do business in the US and EU won't be able to receive their funds from customers in SWIFT countries.

How many of those companies do business in China as well?
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

This has been mentioned a couple of times iirc since Monday.

I thought it was speculated but generally dismissed as highly unlikely.
Rossticus
Irish 2.0 said:

If you take Russia off SWIFT, 99% of the companies in Russia that do business in the US and EU won't be able to receive their funds from customers in SWIFT countries.

Terrible ain't it.
Eliminatus
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Eliminatus said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Russia going to lose SWIFT access and think that will crush them to the point of interior pressure.
Really makes me wonder if "contingency plans' will kick in to remove Putin of said pressure continues to build.

Again, thinking through all of this with the data we have and the near unilateral condemnation of the world, Russia ****ed up real bad here. And by Russia, I mean Putin. I don't see them coming out of this as clear victors. The Ukes I truly believe are going to stiffen and dig in and fight for the long haul. Can Russia survive that? The longer this goes on, IMO, the worse and worse this becomes for Russia.

Thoughts?

Russian stockpiled reserve currency and has been working on a similar system but separate from SWIFT. I'm not sure that removing them from SWIFT will have the crippling effect we may think. China seems to be the only major power walking the line of "I can't say **** if I don't want Russia in my corner over Taiwan." There's no way that Putin comes out of this winning imo. He's going to lose abroad and at home. The Russian market just took one to the nuts. It's going to be awhile for it to recover.

Europe and us will need to severely curtail trade with Russia to have any impact. All Russian banks sanctioned. Diplomats need to be PNG'ed. Embassies need to close.
This may actually be on the table hopefully. Everyone is talking real tough on sanctions, "unprecedented" and whatnot.

And how long can Russia survive on their reserves? Legit have no idea and curious.

I think we in the west tend to get caught up in thinking Putin is this monolithic powerhouse who is untouchable. Anyone who knows an inkling of Russian history knows this is probably extremely unlikely. He may lead a united government on the surface but I would bet everything I own that there are forces and ideas and contingency plans thought out "in case".
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

Irish 2.0 said:

May have been the setup failsafe to get Russia out of a bad situation?
Rossticus
Their 2021 GDP was 1709.58 billion and they have between 600-700 in reserve.
Irish 2.0
jabberwalkie09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Plenty, but Europe accounts for ~30% of the Russian GDP and the US imports over 500K BPD of Russian oil. Oil settled in USD, so you're talking ~$50MM/day. Not sure of terms, but say it's 30 day terms and that's $1.5B that Russia is frozen out of on day one of SWIFT sanction from the US alone
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus
Eliminatus said:

Rossticus said:

Irish 2.0 said:

May have been the setup failsafe to get Russia out of a bad situation?

Nobody is going to trust that setup. You'd have to be a certified moron.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Plenty, but Europe accounts for ~30% of the Russian GDP and the US imports over 500K BPD of Russian oil. Oil settled in USD, so you're telling ~$50MM/day. Not sure of terms, but say it's 30 day terms and that's $1.5B that Russia is frozen out of on day of SWIFT sanction
Oof that's going to smart much, much more than I thought.
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

Test?
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

Their 2021 GDP was 1709.58 billion and they have between 600-700 in reserve.
Yeah, then Russia needs a quick end to this mess that they started and I am not sure they are going to get it.

Russia needs to pay this time. They have gotten away with too many adventures already and need to feel the consequences for once. I think that is why the old breakaways are pushing so hard to make things happen. They have to be frustrated beyond all hell seeing this.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Test?

I hope so, but what a ****ty time to do a test.
Eliminatus
AG
Ugh. off to bed now. Gotta be in class in about.....4 and half hours. I live a half hour from campus.

Keep up the good work on this thread, gents and gentiles.
Irish 2.0
Lukashenko is a ***** trying to play both ways
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus
Eliminatus said:

Ugh. off to bed now. Gotta be in class in about.....4 and half hours. I live a half hour from campus.

Yeah, this 8 hour time differential has me all ****ed up.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Irish 2.0
Rossticus said:

Eliminatus said:

Yeah, this 8 hour time differential has me all ****ed up.

Working on a 13hrs difference from my office and was on calls all day to make sure our house was in order and any orders we take from certain countries are pay in advance until further notice.
Rossticus
Fun times for you. Woof.
Rossticus
Irish 2.0
Meh. My division does very minimal work in that region. But nonetheless, I wanted our ass covered even if we are a Hong Kong company. Not worth the potential headache down the road
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

The burning tank vid MAY be from 2015, fyi. Could be wrong.

Hmm. I know I saw the picture from 2014 when the RU flag was put on a building. I've also seen that and one other video claiming fighting on the outskirts. The other one looked kind of sus.
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

The burning tank vid MAY be from 2015, fyi. Could be wrong.

Hmm. I know I saw the picture from 2014 when the RU flag was put on a building. I've also seen that and one other video claiming fighting on the outskirts. The other one looked kind of sus.

Live map seems to have vetted it so I deleted my comment.
Irish 2.0
Zelensky about to turn Ukrainian prisoners into a new military unit!
Rossticus
15 supply trucks at Ukraine/Poland border as of 10 min ago. Video feed killed as soon as reported on feed within a couple of minutes.
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09
AG

Long thread but he has a point in sensors and nav capabilities.
jabberwalkie09
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.