***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,538,126 Views | 47719 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Waffledynamics
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gordo14 said:

Kharkiv was always going to fall quickly. It's just not possible to defend it in the initial wave for a country of Ukraine's military capabilities. They can win it back in a war of attrition, but that's about it.
Will probably be the first major test to see how the Ukes are going to resist. "Taking" a city is very subjective. Secure major critical targets maybe but I don't think Russia has the manpower to truly take any city without follow on forces.
jabberwalkie09
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Holy ****. This could get out of hand really quickly.

We know the Ukrainian Air Force isn't in great shape right now. I think this pilot and aircraft is probably out of the fight….
unmade bed
jabberwalkie09 said:

No place to land in Ukraine.
aezmvp
jabberwalkie09 said:

Totally expected. If their airbases are under attack and its either unsafe or ordered not to land there then they will go to friendly or neutral airspace. Iraqi pilots did this and landed in Iran during fights with us.
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

NATO would have to require them to tap out or else, yeah.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eliminatus said:

Gordo14 said:

Kharkiv was always going to fall quickly. It's just not possible to defend it in the initial wave for a country of Ukraine's military capabilities. They can win it back in a war of attrition, but that's about it.
Will probably be the first major test to see how the Ukes are going to resist. "Taking" a city is very subjective. Secure major critical targets maybe but I don't think Russia has the manpower to truly take any city without follow on forces.
How they defend is going to really set the tone imo. I think Russia would probably rather capture that before pressing on.
BTHOtrolls
AG
This YouTube video will be a notable moment in history…

Putin announced his intention to commence strikes on Ukraine while the United Nations was in session. If you go to 1:14 mark, the Russian and Ukraine Ambasador start getting into it. The Ukraine Ambassador tells the Russian ambassador he's going to hell and since Russia is the security council chairman, the Russia ambassador just says meeting adjourned.
Eliminatus
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
First post I've seen with actual tank and not a BMP

ABATTBQ11
AG
BTHOtrolls said:

Putin announced his intention to commence strikes on Ukraine while the United Nations was in session. If you go to 1:14 mark, the Russian and Ukraine Ambasador start getting into it. The Ukraine Ambassador tells the Russian ambassador he's going to hell and since Russia is the security council chairman, the Russia ambassador just says meeting adjourned.

It would be symbolic and not really do anything, but someone should make a motion to kick Russia out of the UN for a blatant act of unprovoked aggression and war.
McKinney Ag69
AG

This looks like it might be an old drill, not a current event. Still looks neat.
Rossticus
All ships left in Odessa port that were destroyed were older ships. Suspected sortied newer ships and moved to Romanian port. Radar confirmed.

UK purchased Island class and US purchased MK-6 included.
atmtws
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

BTHOtrolls said:

It would be symbolic and not really do anything, but someone should make a motion to kick Russia out of the UN for a blatant act of unprovoked aggression and war.
It would. Force a vote. Expose everyone. But it'll never happen.
jabberwalkie09
AG

All roads lead to Kyiv…
whytho987654
Challenger 17 said:

This looks like it might be an old drill, not a current event. Still looks neat.
An A10 would be nice right now
Who?mikejones!
jabberwalkie09
AG

Russians are advancing, quickly, to Kharkiv. This is supposedly from the outskirts
jabberwalkie09
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

This is from yesterday I think.
Eliminatus
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

All roads lead to Kyiv…
Take the capital. Oldest strategy in the book.

It really does look like our intel was spot on this time. We definitely saw this coming. Which makes our current inaction even more questionable.

If all you are going to do is launch further sanctions, do it now!
Rossticus
unmade bed
Agree. Silver lining is confidence in US Intel has somewhat been restored.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Mariupol still under Ukrainian control for now.
Eliminatus
AG
From Reuters:

Quote:

Feb 24 (Reuters) - NATO ambassadors will hold an emergency meeting later in the morning, a NATO official told Reuters on Thursday, after Russia launched an attack on Ukraine.

Earlier, the alliance's Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg had urged Russia to cease its military action immediately and respect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity. (Reporting by Sabine Siebold; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
The UN meeting was interesting to watch but pointless. NATOs should be far more telling on what happens in the next few days..
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eliminatus said:

From Reuters:

Quote:

Feb 24 (Reuters) - NATO ambassadors will hold an emergency meeting later in the morning, a NATO official told Reuters on Thursday, after Russia launched an attack on Ukraine.

Earlier, the alliance's Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg had urged Russia to cease its military action immediately and respect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity. (Reporting by Sabine Siebold; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
The UN meeting was interesting to watch but pointless. NATOs should be far more telling on what happens in the next few days..

Aw ****. I'm not sure I like the sound of this at all.
aezmvp
jabberwalkie09 said:

Eliminatus said:

From Reuters:

Quote:

Aw ****. I'm not sure I like the sound of this at all.
Keep a really close eye on the separatist area in Moldova.
thirdcoast
AG
aezmvp
jabberwalkie09 said:

If they really are trying to go maximalist and get the whole country then going into the cities right now seems like a bad idea unless it's to cut off a significant force from retreating into a city.
jabberwalkie09
AG

AA units irrc.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Yeah, this isn't going to happen but might as well ask. Turkey isn't going to piss off Putin and oh yeah, Turkey is technically still part of NATO.
Eliminatus
AG
aezmvp said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

If they really are trying to go maximalist and get the whole country then going into the cities right now seems like a bad idea unless it's to cut off a significant force from retreating into a city.
The more I look at things and just think about it....I don't see this turning out well for Russia. Thinking as unbiased as I can be.

This is not a million man army but a specialized attack force of less than 200K against an entire nation from what I can tell. The Ukes may not be the strongest but I do believe that they are going to fight as they say. They already are to their credit.

I just don't see how Russia has not bitten off more than they can chew, IF the Ukes truly fight to the last and draw this out.

Russia can take most of Ukraine in the moment I am sure. Hold? That is such a different story. I have personal experience in that along with many others on this board.

Again, looking at this as objectively as possible I am truly puzzled at the long term goals of Russia here. Did Putin REALY believe his own words and think this is just a quick cleanse and liberation?
Rossticus
Eastern Ukrainian city Shchastya recaptured and 50 Russians KIA per Uke MOD.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Granted I've only seen things like this on YouTube, but I'm pretty sure that *was* a munitions depot.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

Eastern Ukrainian city recaptured and 50 Russians KIA per Uke MOD.

SEC Champs
AG
Sanction on China? Better hope they don't sanction us!
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.