***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,590,331 Views | 47821 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Tanker123
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
AgLA06
AG
Let's say Russia tries to attack Ukraine from Belarus again. This would mean Russia is escalating through another country.

What is to stop Polan, Lithuania, and Latvia from hitting Belarus? It wouldn't be any different from what Russia is doing.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
AgLA06 said:

Let's say Russia tries to attack Ukraine from Belarus again. This would mean Russia is escalating through another country.

What is to stop Polan, Lithuania, and Latvia from hitting Belarus? It wouldn't be any different from what Russia is doing.

Nothing to stop it but I just don't see those countries (nor the US who has thousands of troops stationed across those countries) having the stomach for the likely escalation that type of action could lead to.
FamousAgg
Nothing of value to study out of Russia for the past century… no big loss
FriscoKid
AG
There was a rumor that Wagner had entered Bakhumt...

Looks like they pulled an MF Barnes and stole someone's video.
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
AgCMT
AG
Rossticus said:

It probably improved Des Moines airport operations.
Rossticus
wtmartinaggie
AG
question... how confident is the West that the Russians have in fact lost most of their advanced equipment? Just because they are sending garbage/old stuff to the front doesnt necessarily mean it is because they don't have modern equipment that they are simply choosing to hold back. a few weeks ago everyone was sure they were running desperately low on cruise missiles, yet over the last few days they managed to find a ton of them lying around... it wouldnt surprise me if they weren't willing to give good equipment to conscripts who wouldnt be able to use it anyways.

the propaganda runs both ways. we hear zero about ukrainian casualties. there's little information about situations where they fall short or fail. the West wants (and for that matter needs) us to believe we're backing winners so we keep supporting the billions we're sending over. we're $54B in thus far, and we're just getting started. That doesnt even include the rest of the world... i say that because it behooves us to believe that the equipment we're giving them is the silver bullet. it probably is the silver bullet as advertised. the key is that our public has to believe it enough to endure the recession, inflation, risk of nuclear war, and whatnot that is likely going to drag on for a long time for what we're investing to pay off in the form of a russian defeat.
AgLA06
AG
See for yourself.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html
SwigAg11
AG
I think an answer to this could be that we have a rough idea on the numbers of equipment Russia could have reasonably built. You then compare that to the number of destroyed/captured equipment and you can get a pretty good estimate on Russia's losses on its most advanced equipment.
SwigAg11
AG
AgLA06 said:

See for yourself.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html
Has that list been continuously updated? The article was posted on 02/24 with no update date.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
fasthorse05 said:

SouthTex99 said:

Why isn't the Wagner group a designated foreign terrorist organization? I know designating Russia has baggage but Wagner could easily be added and dealt with like Al Queda.
I have such a good answer for you, but it doesn't fall within the thread parameters, and I'd have to apologize.

Actually, I think that's a very good idea and don't understand why it isn't being considered.

Now on to thread topics.

Does anyone here believe last nights missiles will alter Uke's military tactics or motives?

No. Ukraine will still avoid Russian citizens and won't counter strike on civilian targets. If anything, the western countries will see the damage and get Ukraine more surface to air defensive weapons.

Additionally, the attacks from Russia show a couple of things.

1. Russia doesn't have a clue where Ukrainian strategic resources are. They have all these missles in the chamber and blow their load on a couple of dozen dead civilians that will do nothing but strengthen the resolve of the Ukrainian people instead of taking out military assets. I firmly believe it's because Russia doesn't know where they are within enough certainty relative to the accuracy of their missles.

2. Ukraine will be ready for the next tantrum Putin throws. You can bet that every missile fired had its origin tracked and I imagine that when Russia responds again with a barrage Ukraine will be ready for it all.
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus said:

Wait you mean Russia LIED when they said it would be open for rail traffic within 8 hours of the strike?
Rossticus
P.U.T.U
AG
Des Moines is always fun to fly into, place sucks.

Believe it or not that is a strategic hit, CAT, John Deere, Danfoss, Vermeer, and several others get their stuff flown into there.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yes. It is fairly up to date. They're backlogged, but they are adding updates as they can.
The Fife
They've been driven back far enough that if they had more modern equipment they'd have deployed it by now. Also I'd imagine that having huge numbers of tanks, artillery, and other pieces would show right up on all the satellite pictures we've been taking of Russia for the last 50+ years.
Rossticus
SwigAg11 said:

AgLA06 said:

See for yourself.

Has that list been continuously updated? The article was posted on 02/24 with no update date.

Each loss is visually confirmed. Each loss listed is linked to an image with a posted confirmation date.
Eliminatus
AG
SwigAg11 said:

AgLA06 said:

See for yourself.

It is updated at least every few days. The article and page was est. in Feb. Most recent picture confirmations I saw personally from there were from two days ago.
Rossticus
Rossticus

aezmvp
Russia losing over 1200 tanks and another 800 plus APC/IFV/AFV is a crazy amount of damage to their military. That's roughly 90% of their initial invasion forces tank component and 25% of their other mechanized fighting vehicles lost. Crazy.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
PA24 said:

I think Russia has adequate supplies for winter fighting, my goodness, they live in that crappy environment. I also think Russia has plenty of bullets land guns left in their arsenal.

I hate the Russians and would gladly kill them if they attacked Texas but I am not going to be fooled in thinking they are even closed to being beat back in Ukraine.
There's a difference between winter supplies to stay warm on the way to grocery store, and winter supplies to be camping in the elements for weeks on end. They're already being asked to bring their own medical supplies and sleeping bags, it's not out of the realm of believability that they don't have proper cold weather gear for troops.
ABATTBQ11
AG
PJYoung said:

Rossticus said:

Wait you mean Russia LIED when they said it would be open for rail traffic within 8 hours of the strike?

That might not be current. Definitely aftermath though.
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 841 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.