***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,546,072 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txags92 said:

Bubblez said:

Putin likely has spent far more of his attention insulating himself from any sort of coup attempt than anything else.
Yeah, I was about to say that staging a coup against the former head of the KGB is probably not as easy as people seem to want to make it. I doubt he lets very many armed people anywhere near him.
Recall yesterday's photo of Putin sitting at the far end of a very long conference table with his senior advisors clustered waaaay down at the other end.

My reaction is that Vlad doesn't allow even his inner circle physically close to him anymore. Armed or not, no trust.
PJYoung
AG
RONA Ag
AG
Pinabobina said:

Oh nos

Cut their *****ass off too
neAGle96
AG
74OA said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Fitch said:

Apologies if already posted.

Frankly I'm hoping that the arms shipments that all the countries said they're sending have made their way there already. But I fully expect the relevant parties to just procrastinate until it's to late and they go "well we tried."
Still Getting Through

Was hoping the crowd would disperse and one of the brave Ukes would throw an IED under the vehicles
RONA Ag
AG
PJYoung said:

Call me an idiot but I think Ukraine is going to pull this out
74OA
AG
No Spin Ag said:

74OA said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Fitch said:

Frankly I'm hoping that the arms shipments that all the countries said they're sending have made their way there already. But I fully expect the relevant parties to just procrastinate until it's to late and they go "well we tried."
Still Getting Through

Love it.
We just need to keep it coming and the Ukrainians will do the rest.........
Big Al 1992
AG
Is anyone else amazed that the Russians weren't trained to dispose of their tanks, weaponry etc when about to be captured, or abandoned? Doesn't US always try to dispose of any equipment if there's a chance it goes to enemy hands - just to not allow intelligence gathering? Of course they may have been trained to not leave a tank in enemy hands, blow it up or render inoperable before you leave it - or the Russians just DGAS and are bailing out.
Rossticus
neAGle96
AG
PJYoung said:

They are a patriotic and heroic people. God bless them
JobSecurity
AG
The one yesterday was supposedly in Cherkasy and this is near Kharkov
neAGle96
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Is anyone else amazed that the Russians weren't trained to dispose of their tanks, weaponry etc when about to be captured, or abandoned? Doesn't US always try to dispose of any equipment if there's a chance it goes to enemy hands - just to not allow intelligence gathering? Of course they may have been trained to not leave a tank in enemy hands, blow it up or render inoperable before you leave it - or the Russians just DGAS and are bailing out.

Up until this past August, we did.

Hopefully the Ukes can repurpose the Russians abandoned gear
No Spin Ag
Big Al 1992 said:

Might be a decent amount that DGAS and are battling out. There's a lot a reporting going on that many of the soldiers didn't know they were going to invade and don't want to.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Ag In Ok
AG
FireAg said:

Is the best Uke strategic plan to let RU forces in and then cut off their supplies?

They ain't going anywhere fast, it appears...

Would it be the first time in history where the besieged starves the sieging army?
techno-ag
AG
RONA Ag said:

PJYoung said:

Fox had a guy on the border with Poland this morning to talk with refugees. He was surprised to find a steady stream of men going into Ukraine.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

wangus12
AG
Fitch said:

That guy at the beginning

UTExan
The Dutch and Germans are sending those Panzerfausts in as well. If they are able to saturate Russian vehicle columns with enough of these weapons it will break the will of the Russians. Plus imagine trying to actually occupy an area when the home forces have such overwhelming support from a rapidly arming populace.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
The Collective
AG
No Spin Ag said:

There's a lot a reporting going on that many of the soldiers didn't know they were going to invade and don't want to.

I think the first part is probably true. The second part has a high likelihood of being propaganda. I'm all for it.
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11
AG
techno-ag said:

RONA Ag said:

PJYoung said:

Fox had a guy on the border with Poland this morning to talk with refugees. He was surprised to find a steady stream of men going into Ukraine.

This what nationalism looks like. I think many in Russia thought they'd be welcomed with open arms by "ethnic Russians" and instead are getting shot at and spit on by Ukrainians. No one in Ukraine wants to be Russian.
Robk
JobSecurity said:

The one yesterday was supposedly in Cherkasy and this is near KharkovI
I believe the one yesterday had video taken from a road, not a window.
Jock 07
AG
JobSecurity said:

Hopefully the western world has the fortitude to start a psyops campaign to spread the truth to those within Russia. Paybacks a ***** for decades of trying to undermine democracies around the world.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Ag In Ok said:

FireAg said:

Is the best Uke strategic plan to let RU forces in and then cut off their supplies?

Would it be the first time in history where the besieged starves the sieging army?
This kind of happened in Stalingrad. Krauts attacked Stalingrad and then were encircled by Soviet reinforcements. Poor *******s froze and starved to death. Brutal.
techno-ag
AG
UTExan said:

The Dutch and Germans are sending those Panzerfausts in as well. If they are able to saturate Russian vehicle columns with enough of these weapons it will break the will of the Russians. Plus imagine trying to actually occupy an area when the home forces have such overwhelming support from a rapidly arming populace.

Apprapro:

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Fitch said:

letting angry crowds of people form a country you are invading get that close to your vehicles and even pound on them seems to me like a great way to get IEDs planted in your fender/wheel wells....
rgag12
AG
Ag In Ok said:

FireAg said:

There've been a couple times in antiquity where an army that is besieging a city has had to build a wall between themselves and another army coming to relieve the besieged city. The most famous is when Caesar fought the Gauls and had to do that. He came very close to losing his army and dying
ABATTBQ11
AG
txags92 said:

Bubblez said:

Putin likely has spent far more of his attention insulating himself from any sort of coup attempt than anything else.
Yeah, I was about to say that staging a coup against the former head of the KGB is probably not as easy as people seem to want to make it. I doubt he lets very many armed people anywhere near him.

I hope someone puts polonium in his vodka.
74OA
AG
Jock 07 said:

JobSecurity said:

Hopefully the western world has the fortitude to start a psyops campaign to spread the truth to those within Russia. Paybacks a ***** for decades of trying to undermine democracies around the world.
Already Happening
No Spin Ag
74OA said:

Jock 07 said:

JobSecurity said:

Already Happening

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Jock 07
AG
74OA said:

Jock 07 said:

JobSecurity said:

Already Happening

Disruption is fine but I'm more talking about providing a platform where folks like Mikhail Khodorkovsky can spread their message to the masses.
wangus12
AG
neAGle96 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Up until this past August, we did.

Hopefully the Ukes can repurpose the Russians abandoned gear
Have a friend who spent the better part of a decade in Ukraine. He says people he knew there are definitely picking up and using Russian weapons. He also said that he's heard of multiple nationalities from outside Ukraine that have come to help fight.

While countries sit on their asses, individuals are taking the initiative to get to Ukraine and fight.
Ag In Ok
AG
Elon has his work cut out for him.
agsalaska
AG
RONA Ag said:

PJYoung said:

I think they are too.

Russia may win the initial war, but they will be destroyed by the sanctions and the insurgency that is coming their way.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

W
AG
strangely enough the struggles of the Russian army...

supports the Western leaders' decisions not to send ground troops to Ukraine
JobSecurity
AG
McKinney Ag69
AG
Do we know if they have received any TOW missile launchers? They have a range of 3,000 m, most variants 3,750 m. It seems like these would be incredibly useful vs. the convoys.
First Page Last Page
Page 166 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.