Josh Duggar trial starts today

22,405 Views | 273 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Not a Bot
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow both counts huh?
wbt5845
AG
Tanya 93
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tanya 93

Live from the courthouse
Tanya 93
Immediate custody

aTmAg
AG
Captain Positivity said:

aTmAg said:

Captain Positivity said:

A calendar wasn't presented as evidence in the trial.
So? Do they have pencils? Paper? Was either of those presented as evidence in the trial? Seems to me it would be totally reasonable to have a calendar to find out stuff like "what day of the week was date X?"

The difference is no one will be deliberating over the pencils or paper. The calendar, as dumb as it sounds, wasn't introduced into evidence and can't be the basis of any deliberation. Rulings like this seem silly but it is designed so jurors only consider the facts in evidence and don't go off on wild tangents, over-focusing on one or two bits of testimony. It's not going to stop someone from looking up the dates in question at home, though, which we all know they are doing.
You are right. It sounds really dumb.
TxTarpon
YES
YES
YES

Suck it to his supporters on this thread!
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
aTmAg
AG
20 years for each count sounds like a lot. I would say 20 years total.

I would expect a person doing the abuse to get 20 years each. As tempting as it would be to give abusers the death penalty, that would encourage abusers to kill their victims after they abuse them. Unless we add torture to the mix, then death would be preferable option to scaphism or something. But clearly we aren't going to do that.
aTmAg
AG
TxTarpon said:

YES
YES
YES

Who is that?
GTdad
AMF!
wbt5845
AG
TxTarpon said:

YES
YES
YES

I haven't followed this thread that closely, but I doubt anyone here supports him. Perhaps you are confused by those who wish the rule of law to be followed.
NoahAg
Sad deal all around. I wonder how much an arrest like this can help root out the source of this filth?
That's the trial I would like to see: the scum who are doing this to kids.
Let's go, Brandon!
Redstone
AG
No one on this thread supported him. The evidence is strong.

The point was that such evil can be planted on devices, which it can.
azul_rain
Why are people here feeling bad for this clown ?
File5
AG
hedge said:

Who feels bad for him...?
C@LAg
Now let's convict Hunter Biden for his underage tomfoolery.
redcrayon
AG
The prosecutor said that possession is a lesser included with receipt so he can't be convicted of both? Can any law types explain what that means for sentencing?

Prosecutors discuss the guilty verdict in the Josh Duggar trial - YouTube
TXAGFAN
AG
C@LAg said:

File5 said:

hedge said:

no one.

lib troll thinks he has scoreboard, when all he is playing is solitaire.
Pretty clear point of view based on posts (and lots of stars) early in this thread that he may have been railroaded by FBI in spite of his numerous prior misdeeds (like sexually assaulting his sisters) that don't warrant that benefit of the doubt.
ReloadAg
AG
How long before sentencing happens in a deal like this?
aTmAg
AG
TXAGFAN said:

C@LAg said:

File5 said:

hedge said:

no one.

Pretty clear point of view based on posts (and lots of stars) early in this thread that he may have been railroaded by FBI in spite of his numerous prior misdeeds (like sexually assaulting his sisters) that don't warrant that benefit of the doubt.
And just like last time, that is NOT justifying CP or molestation.

Likewise, you saying a person got falsely convicted of murder does not make you a fan of murder.

It's not a hard concept at all. Which is why i think you are dishonest by continuing to make this accusation.
aggieforester05
AG
TXAGFAN said:

C@LAg said:

File5 said:

hedge said:

no one.

Maybe you're misinterpreting well earned skepticism of the FBI for support of Josh Duggar?
Not a Bot
AG
aTmAg said:

20 years for each count sounds like a lot. I would say 20 years total.

I would expect a person doing the abuse to get 20 years each. As tempting as it would be to give abusers the death penalty, that would encourage abusers to kill their victims after they abuse them. Unless we add torture to the mix, then death would be preferable option to scaphism or something. But clearly we aren't going to do that.

Based on what we know from this judge and typical sentencing under the circumstances, with no molestation allegations he's probably looking at somewhere around 8-10. The wildcard is whether the judge can and will consider the prior molestation allegations. It was introduced at trial, so my guess is yes. If so, that's a huge sentence enhancer. 12-15 seems likely.

Blanco Jimenez
AG
ReloadAg said:

How long before sentencing happens in a deal like this?
I read 4 months.
TXAGFAN
AG
aggieforester05 said:

TXAGFAN said:

C@LAg said:

File5 said:

hedge said:

no one.

Maybe you're misinterpreting well earned skepticism of the FBI for support of Josh Duggar?
Im not misinterpreting anything. This is just more Republican martyrdom speak on behalf of a child predator. Vomit.

Edit: I fully appreciate and understand your distinction, I just think that skepticism is misplaced here.
aTmAg
AG
TXAGFAN said:

aggieforester05 said:

TXAGFAN said:

C@LAg said:

File5 said:

hedge said:

no one.

Im not misinterpreting anything. This is just more Republican martyrdom speak on behalf of a child predator. Vomit.

Edit: I fully appreciate and understand your distinction, I just think that skepticism is misplaced here.
I agree you aren't misinterpreting anything. That implies mistaken honesty.

You know exactly what people are saying but you are lying and mischaracterizing it.
Agfencer98
AG
TXAGFAN said:

aggieforester05 said:

TXAGFAN said:

C@LAg said:

File5 said:

hedge said:

no one.

You sir, are what appears to me, to be a troll.

I have already told you about the character of the person that executed this arrest and investigation - my cousin.

For you to cast aspersions on people you have never met, especially after someone else has posted on this thread, attesting to their character, tells me a whole lot about your character. And then to double down, when people call you out makes me question what you are trying to do.

Can the FBI railroad people? Yes. Do they always? Absolutely not. That's like saying all white people are racist, etc. It shows exactly how little logical thought you exercise. Try not to take everything from an extreme point of view, and I promise you, you will get farther and be happier.

Back on topic - I know the detectives and prosecutors are very happy with this verdict. It was described by quite a few as among the worst content they had ever seen, and frankly, were repulsed by it. Once they found what they did, they were extremely hopeful that his connections did not result in a not guilty verdict, as has happened to others in the past, so they are very relieved to make sure this predator is off of the streets.

TXAGFAN
AG
Wtf…when have I been critical of law enforcement? May want to check all the people above expressing their "skepticism" of law enforcement.
aggieforester05
AG
TXAGFAN said:

aggieforester05 said:

TXAGFAN said:

C@LAg said:

File5 said:

hedge said:

no one.

That's a completely irrational and obtuse take. No one is making Josh Duggar a Martyr. Anyone right of center that trusts the FBI is a fricking moron. That's not the fault of anyone on the right, but the fault of the FBI for allowing themselves to be compromised and wielded as a political tool, It's also the fault of progressives, MSM propagandists, and the Democrat party for being so accepting of corruption. The American left has a serious credibility problem and it's getting worse every day that they double down on their dishonesty and corruption.

It is completely possible to think that Josh Duggar is a pedophile deserving of prison and that those responsible for investigating him are no better than brown shirts.
TXAGFAN
AG
Right, but does the FBI's involvement and poster's "skepticism" about the FBI calling them a liberal tool, brown shirts, etc not cast doubt on todays conviction and guilty verdict? I say yes, you say no. I'm not the one ****ting on an organization that finally put a scumbag Josh Duggar in jail.

You're the one doing mental gymnastics.
B-1 83
AG
Wait a minute……aren'tt there some posts missing since the last time I browsed this thread?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
aTmAg
AG
TXAGFAN said:

Right, but does the FBI's involvement and poster's "skepticism" about the FBI calling them a liberal tool, brown shirts, etc not cast doubt on todays conviction and guilty verdict? I say yes, you say no. I'm not the one ****ting on an organization that finally put a scumbag Josh Duggar in jail.

The FBI has earned the doubt that is cast on them through their past transgressions. It is their fault that everything they do is 2nd guessed. Not the fault of the people who have that doubt.

That doesn't mean Duggar is not a POS who deserves jailtime. Both the FBI and members of the Duggar family can be PsOS.
aggieforester05
AG
TXAGFAN said:

Nowhere have I claimed it doesn't cast doubt. That doesn't mean he's innocent, just that the FBI has serious credibility issues. I'm not "****ting on them" for putting Josh Duggar away. I'm disgusted by their partisan agenda. For example, their constant provocation of right wing groups while ignoring and failing to even track the antifa and BLM terrorists. Not that I wish that they ignore right wing criminals, I just want them to treat left wing criminals the same. They don't even bother investigating and like to pretend like left wing terrorism didn't exist. They shouldn't be entraping anyone, but we all know that happens.
AgLiving06
Interesting little twist.

Jana Duggar has now been charged with endangering the welfare of a minor

Link

No big details yet, but interesting.
Tanya 93
AgLiving06 said:

Interesting little twist.

Jana Duggar has now been charged with endangering the welfare of a minor

Link

No big details yet, but interesting.
I feel so sorry for her.
She has been raising her siblings, and now some of her nieces and nephews, since she was 10.
She is the epitome of parentification.

Of course she is stuck now raising Josh's kids so Anna can be joyfully available to him.
And will probably end up doing it alone when Anna moves to wherever Josh is sent.

That poor girl
Tanya 93
And the Jinger smackdown

Josh claims to be a Christian.

Bet there will be no more zoom gingerbread house building meetings for Jinger and Jeremy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.