Josh Duggar trial starts today

22,251 Views | 273 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Not a Bot
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Her name looks like it sounds like Asians saying jingle. Jinger bells jinger bels, jinger all the way.
AgLiving06
Jinger's husband is at the Masters Seminary, learning from John MacArthur. She would have left the "quiverfull" for Calvinism, which means they may believe he is not part of the elect based on this.
AgLiving06
Tanya 93 said:

AgLiving06 said:

Interesting little twist.

Jana Duggar has now been charged with endangering the welfare of a minor

Link

No big details yet, but interesting.
I feel so sorry for her.
She has been raising her siblings, and now some of her nieces and nephews, since she was 10.
She is the epitome of parentification.

Of course she is stuck now raising Josh's kids so Anna can be joyfully available to him.
And will probably end up doing it alone when Anna moves to wherever Josh is sent.

That poor girl

What do you think the charge is? That she let Josh see the kids or something?
Tanya 93
AgLiving06 said:

Tanya 93 said:

AgLiving06 said:

Link

I feel so sorry for her.
She has been raising her siblings, and now some of her nieces and nephews, since she was 10.

Of course she is stuck now raising Josh's kids so Anna can be joyfully available to him.
And will probably end up doing it alone when Anna moves to wherever Josh is sent.

That poor girl

What do you think the charge is? That she let Josh see the kids or something?

This is from Duggarsnark on reddit, but it is being said Jana fell asleep watching all of the M's (Josh's children) and the next to youngest, Maryella, wandered out of the house and was found walking along the street in front of their home.

I think that is more likely than taking the kids to see Josh. If the kids aren't with their mom, she is with Josh for adult time.
aglaohfour
AG
Tanya 93 said:

AgLiving06 said:

Link

I feel so sorry for her.

That poor girl

I hope to god that it's unrelated to Josh. If she allowed him access to a child after everything came to light…. But what else could it be?

And I feel so sorry for her too. She comes across as a really intelligent and talented woman, and beautiful too. The way that they forced the parenting of the other children on her and never allowed her to live her own life is truly heartbreaking.
Tanya 93
aglaohfour said:

Tanya 93 said:

AgLiving06 said:

Link

I feel so sorry for her.

That poor girl

I hope to god that it's unrelated to Josh. If she allowed him access to a child after everything came to light…. But what else could it be?

And I feel so sorry for her too. She comes across as a really intelligent and talented woman, and beautiful too. The way that they forced the parenting of the other children on her and never allowed her to live her own life is truly heartbreaking.
This was back in the days of 17 kids and counting, but when Josh was getting married, Jana's parents left early to go to the wedding of the golden boy and she had to get something like 10 youngish kids on the plane by herself.

There is a reason she has a nicknamen of Janarella.
Tanya 93
DAMN!

Shots fired!

Faustus
You're leaving a little bit to be desired on the recap front.
Tanya 93
Faustus said:

You're leaving a little bit to be desired on the recap front.
Oops!
Not a Bot
AG
He is being sentenced today.

Former prosecutor Emily Baker did a YouTube stream talking about the sentencing documents from both sides and the letters of support from his family. The level of cognitive dissonance in this family is off the charts.

The Duggar discussion is timestamped in the description:
BadMoonRisin
AG
Dude needs at least 15 years. **** that guy.
Not a Bot
AG
Looking at this judge's history, he'll probably get 8-12. That's a very typical sentence for first-time convictions for these charges. The 20 year max is really for the worst of the worst offenders (thousands of videos, extended pattern of searching material out, multiple-time offenders, etc.). Will be shocked if he gets more than 12. My prediction is 108 months.

He may choose to go higher due to the prior allegations but I don't think he can actually consider that in sentencing given he was not charged and was a minor at the time.
Not a Bot
AG
I'm following here:
https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2022/05/25/live-updates-josh-duggars-sentencing-hearing/

Many objections filed by Duggar's team are being addressed by the court. Baker was very complimentary of the lawyering on both sides, as disgusting as the defendant is. His team is doing as good of a job as they can.

Judge is overruling most of their objections, which have to do with what adds to the points on the sentencing guidelines.

A quick non-complete summary:
- They objected to the distribution enhancement in that he didn't know the P2P program was distributing (overruled),
- Objected to the sadism/masochism enhancement (overruled).
- Argued that the kids in the files weren't Josh's victims. I understand why they are making the argument, but that's a terrible mindset for a court to take. He victimized them over again by viewing their rapes (overruled).

Also reporting Jim Bob, Michelle, and Anna (the wife) are sitting near the front. Some of the siblings are sitting in the back. One of this sisters left the courtroom when there was debate over inclusion of her abuse as a factor in the sentencing.
Not a Bot
AG
Not seeking restitution for victims.
Tanya 93
Anna's smugness throughout this trial is unbelievable
Not a Bot
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Her letter to the court in his support was (IMO) disturbing. I don't think she's allowed to be her own person. She wants him back home ASAP. She wrote that he helps out around the house and plays with the kids, even occasionally pitching in to help sweep crackers off the floor. She thinks basic parenting somehow puts him above and beyond as a husband. Her low expectations of him are just sad and indicate she has no idea what a good husband is or should be.

His parents, her parents, and her are (allegedly) looking happy in court, perhaps as an encouragement to Josh. The rest of the siblings in the back are reportedly looking very sad and somber.
Tanya 93
Captain Positivity said:

Tanya 93 said:

Her letter to the court in his support was (IMO) disturbing. I don't think she's allowed to be her own person. She wants him back home ASAP. She wrote that he helps out around the house and plays with the kids, even occasionally pitching in to help sweep crackers off the floor. She thinks basic parenting somehow puts him above and beyond as a husband. Her low expectations of him are just sad and indicate she has no idea what a good husband is or should be.

His parents, her parents, and her are (allegedly) looking happy in court, perhaps as an encouragement to Josh. The rest of the siblings in the back are reportedly looking very sad and somber.
Yes
Her letter was sad
She was raised in a cult and he is her Godly ordained headship

Not a Bot
AG
The objection to the enhancement for distribution was actually sustained. That will reduce the points.

The judge also calculated the number of images to be less than 600. The number of images factors into the sentencing points. There's debate as to how videos factor into the photo calculations as the guidelines are fairly outdated given the way this material is acquired and traded.

Should be noted that based on the government's calculation of the sentencing points in their memoranda, he would have gotten far above the maximum allowed by statute.
Tanya 93
151 months

**** you Josh
**** you JB
**** you Michelle

And triple **** you Anna for thinking he was framed
Not a Bot
AG
He got 151 months, to serve in Seagoville or Texarkana if possible. IIRC both have units for SOs. Fed system tries to separate them out, especially if low-level / nonviolent. Surprised they didn't also request Forrest City which is also close and has an SO program.

He cannot go to a minimum security camp. Will likely be in low security.
utah, get me two
This chomo will get it in jail
Not a Bot
AG
I know Seagoville has a unit just for these types of convicts. Low security. Less likelihood for violence. Not sure about Texarkana.
Tanya 93
utah, get me two said:

We can only hope.

Maybe he will be penetrated during Bible study since he fingered his 5 year old sister during Bible study
TxTarpon
Yeah!
And Mike Huckabee defended this (censored) too.
Not a Bot
AG
Where he might get it is the holdover prison as he's being assessed for risk. Takes a few weeks. Will probably be in protective AdSeg until that point of transfer.
Not a Bot
AG
No parole in federal system, either. He'll have to serve 85% of this sentence.
Tanya 93
SidetrackAg
AG
utah, get me two said:

Unfortunately he will probably be placed in pro-seg to be kept away from the GP.
Not a Bot
AG
Reading through the press releases from the Justice department today. I haven't seen one related to Dugger, but looking through other similar cases.

One guy in Mississippi was sentenced to eight years today, actually had more images than Duggar. He pled guilty.

A guy in Massachusetts was sentenced to 12 years today. Had similar numbers of images as Duggar, but it was his second offense. He also pled guilty.

Seems like the lack of plea and also the hands-on allegations weighed heavily in the judge's mind.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.