Royal Marines reportedly 'dominated' U.S. Marine Corps troops in training exercise

7,206 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JABQ04
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was a bit skeptical about the article so I texted one of my Marine buddies who's out there at twenty nine palms who runs a lot of their exercises. Apparently the article is a bit misleading as they were working for a Marine unit as a company attachment alongside the Marines
BurnetAggie99
Wow this is very concerning as a former Marine. My time in the Corps was as a Recon Marine. These type of cross training have gone on for years and I've been apart of some of the past training Ops. We as Marines consider ourselves the tip of the spear and a special breed of warriors. It's very concerning to know what in the world is going on with how Marines are being trained and the woke leadership that has influenced my beloved Corps.
titan
S
Artorias said:

If you study the End Times in the Bible, there are pretty clear references to the major players in the final war - Russia, China, Middle East... there is no reference to the US.

There is, of course, plenty of speculation as to why the US would not be involved, but my personal theory is that the US, like many great empires, will implode and fall.

Given the current trend of this country, along with our military weakening, I think implosion/fall is more likely than not.
Or even simpler. We are the main evil force directing. Its not made clear how the war began.
Rapier108
Russia and China are not mentioned in the Bible either.

People didn't start assigning them the role of the bad guys in Revelations until the Cold War.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
agAngeldad
Rapier108 said:

People didn't start assigning them the role of the bad guys in Revelations until the Cold War.

GoG and MaGig and King of the East.
The Fife
AgGrad99 said:

I blame Bear Grylls
YouBet
AG
Owlagdad said:

But we had more gays, trangenders, so we were MORE inclusive.
Inclusively dead.
C@LAg
agAngeldad said:

Rapier108 said:

Is a MaGig like a McRib, only comes around every now and then?
Gilligan
AG
Our group met a pair of Royal Marines in Breckinridge and they asked if they could hang with us.

Nicest guys in the world. When they Telemarked down the slopes it was a thing to watch.

They had taken extended leave and were travelling West around the world.

I am not surprised they kicked our Marines tails.

Artorias
AG
agAngeldad said:

Rapier108 said:

There are clear reference to parts of Russia. China is a little more vague, as to how far "East" means.
Rapier108
agAngeldad said:

Rapier108 said:

And like a lot of Revelations, very vague at best.

All open to interpretation.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Mister Mystery Guest
Well, sure the U.S. will implode and fail prior to armageddon. Can you imagine the U.S. running for another five minutes after all its believers are raptured up?
The Kraken
AG
Jock 07 said:

I was a bit skeptical about the article so I texted one of my Marine buddies who's out there at twenty nine palms who runs a lot of their exercises. Apparently the article is a bit misleading as they were working for a Marine unit as a company attachment alongside the Marines
Yep. Imagine that…click bait.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
GTdad
Rapier108 said:

agAngeldad said:

Rapier108 said:

And like a lot of Revelations, very vague at best.

All open to interpretation.
"Revelation."

I don't get pedantic often but I do about that.
Artorias
AG
Mister Mystery Guest said:

Well, sure the U.S. will implode and fail prior to armageddon. Can you imagine the U.S. running for another five minutes after all its believers are raptured up?
I think we will be a non-factor prior to that
Ag with kids
AG
Squadron7 said:

Salute The Marines said:

But did our marines use the correct pronouns?

Yes, xir! They did, xir!
e=mc2
AG
My dead Marine father is rolling over in his grave.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Jock 07 said:

So USMC & Royal Marines vs USMC?

Also, I'm curious as to ROE and the rules both sides had to operate under. Was this another Millennium Challenge?
azul_rain
Bear is good people
Muy
AG
Did we beat France at least?
Rabid Cougar
AG
Royal Marines are not comparable to U.S. Marines. They are Special Forces in every since of the word and I would expect them to kick regular units' a$$ everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
ttu_85
EwingBarnes said:

I'm trying not to laugh, but at the same time a real war now with someone like China would destroy our country. Hey at least you got the ****IN mental ****** IT fighting with ya.
This kind of crap has to stop. We always start slow always have always will. Real conflict with China, who hate Westerners to their cores, would quickly remind us play time and leftest stupidity is over. Incompetent leadership would be sacked. Sell outs and traitors shown the wall and combat itself would purge the weak and incompetent. The oceans would buy us the time for purification

We would again become Americans.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

Royal Marines are not comparable to U.S. Marines. They are Special Forces in every since of the word and I would expect them to kick regular units' a$$ everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

This is a good point. I looked this up, and there's only about 7500 of them. There's ~180k US Marines.
EX TEXASEX
I am not worried. We can beat anybody with the power of diversity and inclusion and gay rainbows.
The army is lending them their secret training videos to help produce the best killing machine.
Now, if you don't mind I am going to go vomit in the corner from all this woke cancer crap that is destroying instituionn after institution that made this country great

CharlieBrown17
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Rabid Cougar said:

This is a good point. I looked this up, and there's only about 7500 of them. There's ~180k US Marines.

I'd imagine a Marine Recon unit would do the same to a line Marine unit. Our Recon guys are probably most similar to the Royal Marines we have. Good training for all involved, just a journalist taking a pot shot while hyping up their own guys.
Kozmozag
I bet they don't have a female admiral, that has a dic.
BurnetAggie99
CharlieBrown17 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Rabid Cougar said:

I'd imagine a Marine Recon unit would do the same to a line Marine unit. Our Recon guys are probably most similar to the Royal Marines we have. Good training for all involved, just a journalist taking a pot shot while hyping up their own guys.
This would be correct but now that Recon is Marine Raiders things have changed. I will tell you though Marine Infantry 0311 are some of the best warriors in the world
Aggie4Life02
AG
Bring all the troops home.
Eliminatus
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

This. The Royal Marines are comparable to our Ranger Battalions. They receive SIGNIFICANTLY more training and have MUCH higher standards than a USMC line grunt. It's not even close. RMCs are Special Forces in every sense of the word.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Not even bitter about it either even though I was a USMC grunt myself. It is what it is. They are a higher caliber warrior man for man than the USMC.

Side note though: the USMC just put out a new directive to increase standards for entrance along with psych evals. Stated reason is simple. We want better people going in from the get go. It'll take time but that would edge us closer to the level of the RMCs. Which is nice.
sleepybeagle
AG
Everyone's a winner and deserves a metal!
Matt_ag98
Salute The Marines said:

But did our marines use the correct pronouns?

They also know how to spot our greatest enemy! A white supremacist from within! #6JANeverAgain
stetson
AG
Quote:

during a training exercise in California, using a new battle structure

This is key. It is not unusual in military exercises to implement and test new equipment, tactics or strategy against conventional equipment, tactics or strategy.
FJB
Gunny456
AG
It is only going to get worse........old school good leaders are taking retirement and getting out.
eric76
AG
5StarShield said:

Quote:

British troops infiltrated the enemy's rear area causing havoc by striking high value targets and command and control nodes, which paralyzed any counterattack.

This seems up to current military priorities…
Since you put it that way, the conclusion is kind of obvious ...
ord89
AG
But we're they Diverse enough. That is the concern here…
Ord89
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.