$21/hr @ Mcdonalds

7,322 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BusterAg
Frederick Palowaski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jteAg said:

texsn95 said:

jteAg said:

21/hour… eh….
Chump change.
I make 27.58/hour driving a school bus.
Live off my retirement, bus driving pays for golf, trips, etc.
Plus, it gives me something to do everyday.
If a kid was at the bus stop with a MAGA hat on, you'd just drive on by, wouldn't ya?

Haha, no. In fact, I play golf with a number of guys who have MAGA hats. We just agree to disagree… misguided as they may be.

Misguided? Wait until your party robs your retirement.
Marcus Brutus
BBRex said:

CCP Joe Veggie said:

jopatura said:

1). They likely have a manager position open for that they are including in that "up to $21/hr". I'd be shocked if someone random could walk in off the street and pull that.

2) $21/hr doesn't mean much when you get scheduled for 10 hours a week, have to keep at minimum 40-60 hours open on your schedule to stay employed, and have a different schedule every week that you only receive a week in advance.

Many restaurants are paying $15+ now. I don't think this is likely just management.

#2 doesn't make sense. They have to staff for X number of person hours to maintain their target service levels. Whether they are paying $21/hr to a single employee for 40 hours or 4 employees 10 hours each, it doesn't matter. Their labor cost is the same. Also, why would they not pay a single employee up to 40 hours. say 35 to keep it under full time?! Makes no sense not to.

No. Once you get close to 40-hour weeks, you have to start paying for insurance, especially if you're a larger employer, such as McDonald's. Four employees at 10 hours each means you can have them cover for each other without hitting a threshold for benefits or overtime.

You didn't read my post.
CapCity12thMan
AG
what would be avg weekly hours for that entry level $200k
Redassag94
AG
This is why McD's is going to kiosks. I talked to a regional manager a few years back in Brownwood. He told me that a lot of McD's is moving towards this model where you will have Kiosks and an employee serving the meal to the table. We are literally slouching toward Idiocracy.
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
2aggiesmom
BusterAg said:

Check out the pay at Buc-ee's next time you fill up.
We stopped at the one in Royce City, this past week and were very surprised at the wage being offered. Besides the salary, you get health insurance, a 401K and 3 weeks paid vacation. Amazing.
Texker
AG
Speedbird087 said:

Texker said:

Culver's is solid. They've replaced Whataburger as our go-to quick dine-in.
Never heard of Culver's and its right down the road here in NW San Antonio. Looks great on the website.

I'd never heard of them either til we moved near one. Give'em a shot and see what you think. Their fries and onion rings put WB to shame. Cheese curds are good too. Leave room for the frozen custard!
BusterAg
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

what would be avg weekly hours for that entry level $200k
80+

Associates are expected to bill at least 3,000 hours a year, 3,500 for max bonus. That doesn't include all of the work that you do that is not billable hours, which probably averages 10+ hours a week.

Big Law pays really well, but you will work hard.

Once you make partner, it's much more about bringing in revenue than hours billed.

They also hire only the best. Probably top 5% or less out of law school (depending on where law school was, of course).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.