$21/hr @ Mcdonalds

7,340 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BusterAg
administrative errors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
azul_rain
Clown world
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
PatriotAg02
AG
Now lets see those menu prices.
administrative errors
hedge said:

Clown world

#fiatworld

Fify
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

I am amped.
azul_rain
You still pushing crypto ?
administrative errors
Nothing to push.

Fiat done push everyone to it.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
WoMD
Where's that at? It's 13 here in Boise?
waitwhat?
I'm too tired to explain how stupid that tweet is.

Nobody is working 91 hours per week at $21/hr.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
waitwhat?
If somebody earning about 183,000 per year works literally every hour of the week they'll earn the same per hour as that McDonald's employee.

OMG!
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
azul_rain
IB juniors, work around 90hrs a week
administrative errors
hedge said:

IB juniors, work around 90hrs a week

Bout to be working st McDonald's like they belong!
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Keef_barber
hedge said:

Clown world
how much you make at bill miller ? don't you work there?
W
AG
how much is a quarter-pounder at that location?
C@LAg
hedge said:

Clown world
well it is mcdonalds....

Not Coach Jimbo
Doubt there is many professionals working 18hr days only making 100k in that area.
Showertime at the Bidens
General labor in construction is only paying around 15 an hour now. That's crazy
wyoag93
AG
This might be the beginning to ending the obesity epidemic.
Burdizzo
AG
hedge said:

Clown world

Jack In The Box is down the street.
C@LAg
wyoag93 said:

This might be the beginning to ending the obesity epidemic.
Good news. covid comorbidity numbers going to drop below Biden's IQ!
RAB91
In a recent trip through the midwest, I saw a help wanted a sign at McDonald's with 'up to $21/hour' listed. The crazy part is that even with these high starting rates, they couldn't get enough people to open up the dining rooms (drive through only).
Esteban du Plantier
AG
RAB91 said:

In a recent trip through the midwest, I saw a help wanted a sign at McDonald's with 'up to $21/hour' listed. The crazy part is that even with these high starting rates, they couldn't get enough people to open up the dining rooms (drive through only).

Why open up the dining room when they can pack the drive through with more customers and zero cleaning expense.

Until people refuse to take everything to-go, dining rooms will never open.

For me, my hill to die on is Taco Cabana and their salsa ranch. That's the only redeeming quality. If they never bring it back, I'm never eating there again. And I let corporate know every couple of months.
Woods Ag
AG
as a 18yoI was working around 70 hours a week as wait staff at pappasitos during thanksgiving and christmas break and they were asking for more... I quit because baseball season started and they weren't willing to make concessions... that was in 2003-2004.

After I graduated college w/ a finance degree in 2008 when the finance world collapsed I was working the same if not more at a private golf course making 60,000 (hourly+tips) running the front of their restaurant until I found my first job in a trading program for an energy trading company making 25k.
RAB91
Esteban du Plantier said:

RAB91 said:

Why open up the dining room when they can pack the drive through with more customers and zero cleaning expense.

For me, my hill to die on is Taco Cabana and their salsa ranch. That's the only redeeming quality. If they never bring it back, I'm never eating there again. And I let corporate know every couple of months.
The issue is they're not packing the drive through. A Culvers two minutes down the road had their dining room open. I'm guessing they served 4-5 times the number of people as McD & BK.
Texker
AG
Culver's is solid. They've replaced Whataburger as our go-to quick dine-in.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
RAB91 said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

RAB91 said:

The issue is they're not packing the drive through. A Culvers two minutes down the road had their dining room open. I'm guessing they served 4-5 times the number of people as McD & BK.

Chicago suburbs?

People like Culvers and they wouldn't go to McDonald's if Culver's is open.

I'm saying the people that are going to visit McDonald's or ChikFilA aren't going to leave if it's only the drive through running.
JSKolache
AG
waitwhat? said:

I'm too tired to explain how stupid that tweet is.

Nobody is working 91 hours per week at $21/hr.
Tangent ... but a data point. i worked 84 hrs per week at $13 on gulf oil rigs in 2001-2.
fullback44
AG
there is no way I would pay $15 for a BigMack, hell i wont even pay $4 for one.. I would rather eat road kill before eating one of those things
Speedbird087
AG
Texker said:

Culver's is solid. They've replaced Whataburger as our go-to quick dine-in.
Never heard of Culver's and its right down the road here in NW San Antonio. Looks great on the website.
Marcus Brutus
hedge said:

Clown world
this.
jopatura
AG
1). They likely have a manager position open for that they are including in that "up to $21/hr". I'd be shocked if someone random could walk in off the street and pull that.

2) $21/hr doesn't mean much when you get scheduled for 10 hours a week, have to keep at minimum 40-60 hours open on your schedule to stay employed, and have a different schedule every week that you only receive a week in advance.
Marcus Brutus
You can be completely uneducated, with no skills and earn $21 per hour filling coke cups.

This is complete idiocy!

I hope McDs fails hard!
Marcus Brutus
jopatura said:

1). They likely have a manager position open for that they are including in that "up to $21/hr". I'd be shocked if someone random could walk in off the street and pull that.

2) $21/hr doesn't mean much when you get scheduled for 10 hours a week, have to keep at minimum 40-60 hours open on your schedule to stay employed, and have a different schedule every week that you only receive a week in advance.

Many restaurants are paying $15+ now. I don't think this is likely just management.

#2 doesn't make sense. They have to staff for X number of person hours to maintain their target service levels. Whether they are paying $21/hr to a single employee for 40 hours or 4 employees 10 hours each, it doesn't matter. Their labor cost is the same. Also, why would they not pay a single employee up to 40 hours. say 35 to keep it under full time?! Makes no sense not to.
administrative errors
How soon before we start asking for wages up front, get a 30 minute break to buy whatever is necessary and then get to work?

Thats what happened in weimar...if you waited your paycheck was worthless.

Tremendous path were treading.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Marcus Brutus
administrative errors said:

How soon before we start asking for wages up front, get a 30 minute break to buy whatever is necessary and then get to work?

Thats what happened in weimar...if you waited your paycheck was worthless.

Tremendous path were treading.

They will either start automating the crap out of their operations and eliminate labor altogether or they will be doing a lot less business going forward. People are not going to pay $10 for an egg mcmuffin. They dont have the money. Not everyone is getting double their salary now, like these woke corporations. And McDs is fully woke!
Yesterday
AG
They aren't paying $21 for walk up help. That's why it says up to $21. But wages are still crazy right now.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.