A&M professor does not like your football, your Governor or your babies

21,844 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Squadron7
Independence H-D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
valvemonkey91 said:

If she is a vet, I'm sure she can get her hands on some Ivermectin fairly easy.

By the looks of her, I believe she has more horse DNA than average.

I believe we have been pushed enough. The countless and outrageous actions (crimes) by the left and their inability to be tolerant and accepting of opposing viewpoints has brought us to this point.

The line in the sand has been drawn.

#lineinthesand

backintexas2013
AG
So now you are playing the martyr. That's pretty awesome. I like your challenge about remain standing after adversity. Guess what? That's called resiliency and we all remain standing if we have resiliency.

You posted an emotional rant about being doomed because so many people refuse to live in fear. Let people live. You didn't like being judged but you judge people not wearing a mask. What's the difference? The difference is you "believe" you are on the "right" side by being pro-mask.

It's totally ok to be pro-mask. Wear one whenever you want. Don't then look down on people who won't conform to what you think is "right".
Muy
AG
This prof should be mocked mercilessly until she resigns from A&M.
Cassius
Quote:

Thanks to you all for your comments. It's been interesting to see that people say when they hide behind pseudonyms.

Perhaps you've heard of this thing called "cancel culture" that you and your fellow Marxist totalitarians engage in? Speaking openly won't be tolerated as simple debate and difference of opinion; it will be punished.

You're a typical tyrannical lefty who has decided what's good for everyone else and by darned you're going to do what you can to make it so.

If I read your post correctly, it seems you have cancer. I would suggest that you spend your free time contemplating and researching life after death to determine if Christianity is true or not. That would be a much better use of your time than serving as hall monitor for student behavior with regard to covid.
ProgN
H andrews-polymenis said:

Faustus said:

I just kind of assume she got wind of this thread, and didn't want to be a focal point for concerted pushback.

It's all well and good to tweet what you want, but it's probably not much fun to singled out for it on a heavily trafficked website where opposing views can be expressed rather vehemently. Notwithstanding a Doctor noting she has cancer, from which her concerns may spring, she's been attacked for her looks, degrees (although the Dr Dr riffs have been funny and light hearted), called a cockroach for shielding her tweets, and a lot of other personal things apart from the posts taking issue with the substance of the tweet.

I'd duck out too rather than face F16's ire. (That's not really true, I kind of enjoy it).

Agreed liberal discourse is sadly stunted.

Yes indeed, I did get wind. Thank you Faustus for your reasoned comment.

Thanks to you all for your comments. It's been interesting to see that people say when they hide behind pseudonyms.

By far the most fun has been imagining how you all think that my personal political beliefs might spill into the content that I teach. How one would incorporate political ideology into lectures about diarrhea I honestly have no idea.

Regarding COVID, my expertise is in infectious diseases so it makes sense that I watch this outbreak very carefully and with concern. I myself lost 6 family members to cancer last year- and was unable to travel (bc covid) or attend any services for any of them… including my dad who died one year ago today of pancreatic cancer. I was unable to see him in person before he died. As for myself, yes I have had pancreatic cancer since 2019. This is a cancer with a dismal prognosis-10% survival for 5 years. I am fully vaccinated and mask everywhere. I had 17 months of very tough chemotherapy, and was hospitalized 5 times last year- including for a Whipple procedure. For those of you that don't know- the only surgery tougher than a Whipple is transplant surgery. I was alone in hospital bc covid policies don't allow visitors. I'm currently dealing with a metastasis of my cancer and if you all think that a few flaming comments on the Internet posted by my some sock puppets might bother me- well, that's just sad given all the life and death **** I have going on.

For those who want to make fun of my sobbing- I dare you to endure just one of the things I personally have been through in the last year and remain standing. I sincerely hope that you will never have to.

Finally, you all seem to have so many questions about me. I will not answer them in this forum, but if you have questions for me please feel free to email me and I will happily answer (within reason of course). I will not answer anonymous questions or trolls.
I respect that you showed up on here to give your side.

Cancer sucks and I'm sorry you're going through it. I will add you to my daily prayers.

The vitriol and attacks against you are a result of frustration that a lot of the population feel. Your tweet just provided an avenue to unleash that frustration. A large segment of the population are sick and tired of being told:

2 weeks to flatten the curve
Wear a mask to save lives
Don't visit family friends
Mask your children (which is futile, dumb and hinders their development)
Take the jab OR ELSE be ostracized and denied basic freedoms.
The vaccine will prevent the spread (which it doesn't)

The fact of the matter is that COVID19 is not deadly for the vast majority of the population and natural immunity is proving itself out as being superior to the jabs. These government measures are draconian and antithetical to freedom that we've grown up with.

Keep fighting the ******* known as cancer Doc, and even if we don't agree on this issue, I'll be praying for you and hope you win this battle.
cecil77
AG
Thank you for taking the time. Serious question: Where is the data and physics of masking? I can find little that is supportive of masking, and the vast majority of both data and physics indicates that reliance upon masking is foolish. Why do obviously intelligent people develop a belief system that masking of the general public does any good? Indeed, I can make an argument that they are just aerosol creators more than anything.

Cecil Albrecht
Boerne, Texas
dermdoc
AG
I disagree with your views but appreciate your class and strength for posting on here.

And I pray that you are healed of your cancer.

God bless.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Prexys Moon
AG
Leftists blather on and on with flammable rhetoric…. With no pushback whatsoever. In the few instances they do get pushback, like this situation, suddenly they retreat and call those who dare to push back bullies.

The simple questions no leftist covid fanatic will answer-

If the vaccine is all that
and if masks are all that

Then why isn't it sufficient for you to get vaccinated and wear a mask if you choose to? According to your logic, you are now protected. Why is it necessary to mandate (leftists favorite word, sounds a lot better than "force") everybody else to do it? Nobody will answer this. The people screaming about schools, students, and now college students...just put your kid in a mask. Wear a mask if you want. Get vaccinated if you want. But why can't it stop there?

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Faustus said:

I just kind of assume she got wind of this thread, and didn't want to be a focal point for concerted pushback.

It's all well and good to tweet what you want, but it's probably not much fun to singled out for it on a heavily trafficked website where opposing views can be expressed rather vehemently. Notwithstanding a Doctor noting she has cancer, from which her concerns may spring, she's been attacked for her looks, degrees (although the Dr Dr riffs have been funny and light hearted), called a cockroach for shielding her tweets, and a lot of other personal things apart from the posts taking issue with the substance of the tweet.

I'd duck out too rather than face F16's ire. (That's not really true, I kind of enjoy it).

Agreed liberal discourse is sadly stunted.
I agree with all of this. Political discourse these days is rougher than it should be. This isn't unique to F16.

That said, Dr. Dr. has a very political, hard left & hotly charged Twitter history. Don't go to the dance if you can't stay on the floor.
H andrews-polymenis
https://files.fast.ai/papers/masks_lit_review.pdf
No problem. Thank you for your question. I also find this information to be digestible but longish. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent
nortex97
AG
I award her zero points for coming on here just to directly play the victim card.
nortex97
AG
HalifaxAg
AG
So has Dr. Dr. resigned yet?

AgBQ-00
AG
The thing that has really come to the fore during this whole thing is just how quickly the worshipers of the new "Sciencism" cult turned on the church lady sanctimony, and self righteousness, and resorted to Inquisition and Salem Witch tactics. They have gone all in on government enforced adherence to their idolatry and would happily load any wrong-thinkers into camps. See Australia for example. See the push here to exclude non-cult members from society. They are sick and their greatest fear is free people living their lives without fear.
nortex97
AG
That's terrible 'science' btw.

https://www.aier.org/article/the-cdcs-mask-mandate-study-debunked/

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/data-do-not-back-cloth-masks-limit-covid-19-experts-say

NPI's have a net R2 of .00058 or so for COVID.

I know, statistics is hard, and unemotional.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Thx for stepping up. I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues, and if it's okay with you, I'll keep those in my prayers.

I'm the one who first noticed your tweets and started this thread. What first caught my attention was the projection of doom from an outdoor sporting event. The science is pretty clear that outdoor transmission is highly unlikely, so I'm confident your sense of doom won't play out. (As a college prof, I would think you'd be much more worried about students spreading the virus in bars, at parties or in study groups. That's where it will happen.)

Curious about your comments on Aggie football, I clicked your profile and saw you were a prof, hard core pro-choice and engaged in partisan activism. You have to admit, it just ticks all the stereotype boxes for the academe.

My points, which still stand, are (1) that college profs are overwhelmingly un-diverse in political thought, and this is not good for our kids and (2) we need more sensible covid policy and less covid fear.

Thx for coming by, and speedy recovery.
Bird Poo
AG

No problem. Thank you for your question. I also find this information to be digestible but longish. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

This virus is not going away, perhaps for years. Expecting families to mask up their small kids, as well as young adults in college, is not practicable.

I'm sorry for your health and the loss of your dad. Lost my father n law to PC in 2010.

But you cannot expect to make strong political statements in a vacuum without any repercussions. Most leaders in Fortune 500 companies would get fired for what you wrote. You are a leader, whether you like it or not.

TRM
AG
Didn't read all the papers, but that Nature article linked in the 2nd one is horrible. One single breathe? That's not a realistic simulation.

Can you reconcile the differences between your papers and these?
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.20047217v2
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jebm.12381

Another thing, as time goes on the probability of getting viral particles getting through your mask goes 1, so you will eventually get it. Learn to live with it.

Spyderman
AG
Football?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
cecil77
AG
Thanks for responding.

I don't find that link compelling. Yes, masks stop droplets, precisely as a tissue over the mouth does. The difference that tissue is then discarded. However the mask is held over the face and blown through. How is that better? Those studies don't track the "life" of a droplet after it's imbedded in a mask. Any virions in a droplet don't magically cease to exist once entrapped in mask fiber. If anything the fiber assists dispersal of the droplet easing the release of the virion as an aerosol.

This link analyzes the CDC studies and balances them against other studies worldwide showing that the overwhelming balance of studies indicates the ineffectiveness of masking..

https://www.freepeopleofthesouthwest.com/cdcvsevidence?fbclid=IwAR1D26gBwySARckS5xZmRc6cPo-ibXc7AL5WvX0Ghznt8IWbZt-uKBk2JnY

Then there is the data. Masking has not been shown to be effective in any population where usage is tracked.

Indeed, IMO foolish reliance upon masking has caused deaths, by giving at risk people a reason to not isolate themselves.

ProgN
I'd bet money that she's been challenged more by F16 this morning than she ever has been by her students.
RandyAg98
AG
Your entire post is nothing about COVID and all about the restrictions you yourself are condoning. Not getting to see loved ones who are dying is one of the saddest things about this whole pandemic. And I doubt it has saved a single life...but it has sure made some lives miserable.

I am sorry for your health issues and that some here resort to personal attacks. But your post, ironically, is a great case for ending these stupid restrictions.

And that football game was a win for freedom. Leftists be damned.
BadMoonRisin
AG
docaggie said:

If you'd scroll through her twitter timeline, you'd see why she's concerned.

Flame away, but she should probably be cut a little slack given her life situation. She has cancer - a bad one - and is immunocompromised as a result. She's concerned about getting COVID on top of that, that she won't be able to fight both. And she's right, getting COVID in her condition would be really bad. Take a minute to see life from her viewpoint, where she's vaccinated, masked, but could still potentially get a virus that would not be a cake walk for someone in her shoes.

Now, she's definitely on the liberal end of the spectrum, politically Would I be posting out there for twitter about masking a full stadium? No. But I can see where her fear is coming from.

Well then she's free to not attend the game.
nortex97
AG
These are valid points and suicide rates for adolescents-young adults also have skyrocketed during the pandemic, as kids have been locked down/forced to mask etc. to protect an elderly/at risk population with nominally useless NPI's.

It's selfish, counterproductive, and harmful to others to advocate for widespread masking of kids/college students.

Quote:

Rising Youth Despair

Youth despair amid lockdowns and related public health orders appears to be worsening. While US aggregate suicide data for 2020 won't be available for a couple of years, due to reporting lags, state and county level data reveal dismal trends. In Pima County, Arizona suicides were up 67 percent in 2020 compared to the previous year for children ages 12 to 17, and statewide childhood suicides had also increased since 2019. West Virginia has seen a spike in student suicide attempts during the pandemic. Parts of Wisconsin reported skyrocketing suicide rates among young people in 2020, while hospitals in Texas and North Carolina are seeing more young suicidal patients.

CDC data show a 24 percent increase in emergency room mental health visits for children ages 5 to 11, compared to 2019. Among adolescents ages 12 to 17, that increase is 31 percent. Last summer, the CDC reported that one in four young adults had contemplated suicide in the previous month.

Harvard University biostatistician, Martin Kulldorff, told The Wall Street Journal that "you can't just look at COVID, you have to look holistically at health and consider the collateral damage." One of the authors of the Great Barrington Declaration, Kulldorff adds: "You can't just look short-term."

What Kulldorff and other public health researchers expose is the fact that there are tradeoffs to any policy. "If it saves just one life," a mantra echoed during the COVID response as a rallying cry for lockdowns, fails to acknowledge the lives damaged or lost due to these lockdown policies.

Lockdown harms and deaths are as real as COVID harms and deaths and should be taken seriously when considering a holistic pandemic response.

Economists scrutinize tradeoffs, and many have been highlighting COVID-related tradeoffs since last spring. As FEE's Antony Davies and James Harrigan wrote in April: "Regardless of whether we acknowledge them, tradeoffs exist. And acknowledging tradeoffs is an important part of constructing sound policy."
2020 also led to hundreds of millions of additional people to be malnurished, many of whom starved to death, thanks to the lock downs. This is never to my knowledge lamented by our 'liberal' friends as a reason to end lockdowns/masks/economic slow downs covid responses have created.

The truth is that the psychological effects of the pandemic restrictions are highest among young adults. We need to stop traumatizing them, period. Older, at-risk responsible adults can now freely choose to isolate without castigating their 'political enemies' on social media.

There are lots of jobs out there that would enable this.
dermdoc
AG
cecil77 said:

Thank you for taking the time. Serious question: Where is the data and physics of masking? I can find little that is supportive of masking, and the vast majority of both data and physics indicates that reliance upon masking is foolish. Why do obviously intelligent people develop a believe system that masking of the general public does any good? Indeed, I can make an argument that they are just aerosol creators more than anything.

Cecil Albrecht
Boerne, Texas
Agree completely.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TresPuertas
AG
im not going to sit here and tell you you're brave for coming here and defending your point. you're still a person, who if given the chance, would enact pointless draconian measures that have no scientific support. you're tyrannical

so i have one question for you:

as an infectious disease "expert" can you tell me, very simply, why i should wear a mask if i've already had covid?
BadMoonRisin
AG
cecil77 said:

Thank you for taking the time. Serious question: Where is the data and physics of masking? I can find little that is supportive of masking, and the vast majority of both data and physics indicates that reliance upon masking is foolish. Why do obviously intelligent people develop a believe system that masking of the general public does any good? Indeed, I can make an argument that they are just aerosol creators more than anything.

Cecil Albrecht
Boerne, Texas
This. And specifically the nonsense that "my mask protects you, your mask protects me".

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my entire life.

It just creates a situation where pearl-clutchers can scream and yell and crybully at others for their self-induced delusional psychosis. Does the mask supposedly only block particles one way?

Much like the logic of "Im fully vaccinated, but you have to get fully vaccinated so you cant give it to me. But you can give it to me. Actually. anyone can give it to me. It doesnt make me immune, it just makes me less sick. Ok it make's me just as sick. You have to get it too anyway though".
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
docaggie,

When I think of all the places college students gather together and might spread covid, here is what would concern me:

• Going to the Chicken
  • Study groups
  • Parties and homes or apartments
  • Dinner gatherings
  • Meeting friends at a restaurant, sharing a meal for an hour
  • Roommates hanging out after doing any of the above
Things I don't think anyone should be worried about with college students:
  • Outdoor activities
In the big scheme of things, i would think living in a town of reckless college students is the risk. Football games? Not so much.
Keegan99
AG
I would love for masks to work to halt the spread of seasonal respiratory viruses. It would be fantastic!

Unfortunately all empirical data indicates that they do not.

That we are 18+ months into this and there is no slam dunk, ironclad evidence of mask efficacy in controlling the epi curve is dispositive.
CDUB98
AG
A lot of you keep saying masks don't work, but never provide any links to support it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all against the mask mandate, but if we're going to keep trotting out the line they don't work, we need to link the sources.
TChaney

RandyAg98
AG
CDUB98 said:

A lot of you keep saying masks don't work, but never provide any links to support it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all against the mask mandate, but if we're going to keep trotting out the line they don't work, we need to link the sources.
Can you provide a link that proves they do? Also, there are several of what you ask for on this very thread.
CDUB98
AG
Ask, and I receive.
CDUB98
AG
1) I'm not trying to prove they do

2) I cannot keep up with a thread this long.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
CDUB98 said:

1) I'm not trying to prove they do

2) I cannot keep up with a thread this long.
There is very little evidence.

The best evidence for the pro-mask gang was a recent study out of Bangladesh. However, there are several flaws with the study, but the most glaring result of the Bangladesh study is that common CLOTH masks are statistically irrelevant.

They found some benefits for well fitted and properly worn N95 and surgical masks, but cloth masks didn't do squat.

Guess what 90% of people wear to comply with a mask mandate?

Also, the Bangladesh study did not address the issue of children with masks and thus is irrelevant to the ongoing public school debates.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.