A&M professor does not like your football, your Governor or your babies

21,820 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Squadron7
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Bangladesh study found minimal efficacy for surgical masks (with a 95% confidence interval that included 0!). But that efficacy was only observed in the 50+ age cohort!

Again, if masks were as effective as claimed, the data would not be so tragically weak and require so much torturing to demonstrate an astoundingly modest result.
texagbeliever
TRM said:

Didn't read all the papers, but that Nature article linked in the 2nd one is horrible. One single breathe? That's not a realistic simulation.

Can you reconcile the differences between your papers and these?
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.20047217v2
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jebm.12381

Another thing, as time goes on the probability of getting viral particles getting through your mask goes 1, so you will eventually get it. Learn to live with it.

So much this. If masks are super effective but can't cause the extinction of the virus then the mask merely postpones you catching it.

If your chance of catching covid because of a mask reduces by 90% per encounter, then the impact of wearing a mask after 10 encounters lowers your chance of not catching covid to 35%. And that would be any 15 minute period you were within 6 feet of someone.
HarryJ33tamu
Professor got her head bashed in by facts and ran away. Lol. Comes on here and plays the victim card. Complains about not being able to see loved ones because of policies SHE IS 100% IN FAVOR OF.

Liberals are psychotic. They have zero morals and zero critical thinking skills. They just listen to CNN and MSNBC for talking points so they can be good little sheep.
nortex97
AG
Keegan99 said:

The Bangladesh study found minimal efficacy for surgical masks (with a 95% confidence interval that included 0!). But that efficacy was only observed in the 50+ age cohort!

Again, if masks were as effective as claimed, the data would not be so tragically weak and require so much torturing to demonstrate an astoundingly modest result.
Correct, and as anyone who has been around kids from 5 to 20 years old over the past year and a half can attest, cheap, over-used masks are also only correctly worn roughly 5 percent of the time.

It's cruel to our youth, and kids to ask/demand they wear masks at this point, and has been for some time. The efficacy/narrative was also destroyed by folks like Nancy Pelosi/Barack Obama/Gretchen Whitmer/Gavin Newsom/Cuomo/Fauci's private parties/gatherings when they didn't realize they'd be photographed, for anyone who was paying attention and isn't a die hard political leftist.

But we're talking about an academic, here, so I suppose that is irrelevant. "Just" wear a mask!
HarryJ33tamu
Yup. It's is absolutely demonic to force kids to wear a mask. It has zero to do with science. It probably makes covid spread more since the kids are always touching their face adjusting their masks. Kids should not grow up thinking that everyone around them is sick. Liberals are pathetic. They only care about power.
nortex97
AG
I guess, unsurprisingly (par for the course), our professor decided not to return to defend her victimhood/terrible science/statistical understanding.
Squadron7
AG
nortex97 said:

I guess, unsurprisingly (par for the course), our professor decided not to return to defend her victimhood/terrible science/statistical understanding.

She has found that people are a lot more reasonable when she controls their course grade for the semester.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
So hey Keegan99, I know you follow this stuff pretty closely. It's now been nearly 2 weeks since the Kent State game.

Are we all doomed by that maskless outdoor sporting event, or was professor kill-the-babies misguided by her fears?
BTHOB-98
"How one would incorporate political ideology into lectures about diarrhea I honestly have no idea."

Aren't these political liberal ideologies and diarrhea the same thing?
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
The Brazos County Health website isn't the easiest to navigate or the most informative on covid, but it appears to me that new covid cases were actually higher prior to the Kent State game than they were prior. Currently, 48 people in hospitals in Brazos County have covid.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/node/94

I don't think this means necessarily that they're hospitalized due to covid, just that they're hospitalized and have tested positive.

"doom"
kalltamu
AG
Prexys Moon said:

It's just too fun watching her lose her mind about TAMU and covid in general.

It's strange. I was there and I don't feel doomed... maybe doom isn't what I thought it was.
nortex97
AG
Once again we know widespread mask usage, and state-ordered mask mandates are useless. We don't need even the 'science' behind theories as to how the paper masks stop droplets/reduce spread. We have actual statistics.

Quote:

This is prompted by our Commissioner of Health saying last week that masks definitely work. Well let's see. Here is a chart showing the date the mandate was enacted. At that time the state first said it would take two weeks to work, but later amended that to four weeks. So we labeled four weeks later, see the big drop? Me either. See the huge spike while mask wearing was 90% plus. And then there is the date the mandate finally expired. Kind of ironic how the mask mandate didn't work to reduce cases until the mandate was ended, or is that paradoxical? You will note that at no time during the mandate were cases ever lower than before the mandate. And as I constantly said, what really matters is mask wearing. Throughout this period Minnesota had one of the highest mask-wearing rates in the nation, most of the time over 90%. Yeah those masks worked great, as virus collection devices. Thanks to Dave Dixon for putting the chart together.

The political left (of which the professor is but a small example, with a now protected/private twitter feed), globally, is using covid insanity to drive violence.

TRX
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

"How one would incorporate political ideology into lectures about diarrhea I honestly have no idea."

Aren't these political liberal ideologies and diarrhea the same thing?
Nice!

Yes they are. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Prexys Moon
AG
kalltamu said:

Prexys Moon said:

It's strange. I was there and I don't feel doomed... maybe doom isn't what I thought it was.
and it's been nearly three weeks since classes started...and no DOOM yet.

Nobody calls these idiot liberals out on their doom and gloom predictions.
Rapier108
Prexys Moon said:

kalltamu said:

Prexys Moon said:

and it's been nearly three weeks since classes started...and no DOOM yet.

Nobody calls these idiot liberals out on their doom and gloom predictions.
They're melting down over the Brazos County Health District reporting 150-300 cases per day.

Of course they leave out the fact that the BCHD has said they have a backlog of almost 4200 positive test results they need to verify. And this is up from only 2100 the week before. So because of this, we're getting tons of "new" cases when many are weeks old.

The media and Covidians will ignore the details and just scream about cases, cases, cases.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
nortex97
AG
When they get close to being called out for explicit/measurably false prognostications, they have to either/both (a) delete/hide previous predictions (as Dr. Dr. has) and/or (b) move the goal posts. See: Algore and Fauci.
Squadron7
AG
We're doomed! Doomed, I say!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.