A&M professor does not like your football, your Governor or your babies

21,825 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Squadron7
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nm
Rapier108
She should go to Berkeley, tu, or to one of the commie schools that are forcing the shots and masks on everyone.

They'd be far more to her liking.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Nonregdrummer09
AG

This lady is incredibly typical of the self-importance academics think they y have.
cecil77
AG
IMO the most frightening aspect of Covid sociology is the "mask" mindset. Almost zero science, zero data for masks, overwhelming science for decades and overwhelming data against masks.

But people can be led to believe it. What else can they be led to believe?
Tom Doniphon
[Please send moderation questions to staff.]
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Heh heh.....her last hyphenated name rhymes with "p3nis."
GTdad
GiveEmHellBill said:

Heh heh.....her last hyphenated name rhymes with "p3nis."
Makes the "poly" part funnier, too.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
PascalsWager said:

They had a big crowd at Cal with few people wearing masks. Her ideology is beyond what average liberals are advocating for.

I'm not sure where she'd find a home ideologically. Still she's just a professor tweeting her personal opinions. Who cares.
She just ticks all the boxes and isn't particularly bright.

The reason to care is that universities attract such mediocrity like moths to flames, and they teach our kids.

So yeah, I wish no one at TAMU was this dumb and this biased. Dr. Dr.
UTExan
Nonregdrummer09 said:

This lady is incredibly typical of the self-importance academics think they y have.

I deleted my comment due to her current health situation. I pray that she finds peace and healing.

It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
scd88
AG
Any of our professors who don't like how things are run at A&M can leave. It's a free country, nobody is going to stop you, nor will they beg you to not leave.

Go. Get out. Go be happy somewhere else because it's not here.

By doing so, you would make others happy, too. Like me.
TresPuertas
AG
what's funny, and utterly predictable, about this person is that she lives in misery. her twitter timeline is nothing but negativity and victimhood. she's physically unhealthy and it's her entire personality.

worst about her is that she's not content in being miserable. she hates seeing other people healthy and happy, so wants to inflict her pain on the world.

this is the common thing about Covidians. they're unhappy. they can't stand to see others happy and free, so they must infect society. it's why they are so political. it's the only way to get the strongest in society to bend

it was a much better world when we were shoving people like this into lockers. you can't have people like this making policy.
docaggie
AG
If you'd scroll through her twitter timeline, you'd see why she's concerned.

Flame away, but she should probably be cut a little slack given her life situation. She has cancer - a bad one - and is immunocompromised as a result. She's concerned about getting COVID on top of that, that she won't be able to fight both. And she's right, getting COVID in her condition would be really bad. Take a minute to see life from her viewpoint, where she's vaccinated, masked, but could still potentially get a virus that would not be a cake walk for someone in her shoes.

Now, she's definitely on the liberal end of the spectrum, politically Would I be posting out there for twitter about masking a full stadium? No. But I can see where her fear is coming from.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
doubledog
oldarmyjess66 said:

Can someone explain the double doctor ( Dr. Dr.) in front of her name?
Is she really that eaten up with titles?
Yes, Ph.D. and Veterinarian.

Only very insecure people use their title as a ego-booster.
backintexas2013
AG
I can't. She can stay home instead of bleeding everywhere. Let people live. We aren't responsible to bend the knee to satisfy her.
TresPuertas
AG
yeah.. no. see my comment above.

sorry she has cancer. i don't. and the 100,000s of people in Kyle field don't either.

they shouldn't be forced to alter their behavior because she is sick. this is Covid in a nutshell. scared of the effects? cool, stay locked in your home. don't try to keep the rest of us from living normal lives.

deddog
AG
scd88 said:

Any of our professors who don't like how things are run at A&M can leave. It's a free country, nobody is going to stop you, nor will they beg you to not leave.

Go. Get out. Go be happy somewhere else because it's not here.

By doing so, you would make others happy, too. Like me.
You think a zhe that uses hyphenated names and "dr.dr" to convince itself that their life is worth something actually cares about making *other* people happy?
These folks are worthless, miserable folks with empty lives, desperately trying to convince the world that they are important.

C@LAg
AgRebel08 said:

Either way what kind of a narcissist has to project they have multiple degrees....
C@LAg, MS, BBA, BBA
tmaggies
AG
docaggie said:

Flame away, but she should probably be cut a little slack given her life situation. She has cancer - a bad one - and is immunocompromised as a result. She's concerned about getting COVID on top of that, that she won't be able to fight both. And she's right, getting COVID in her condition would be really bad. Take a minute to see life from her viewpoint, where she's vaccinated, masked, but could still potentially get a virus that would not be a cake walk for someone in her shoes.

Now, she's definitely on the liberal end of the spectrum, politically Would I be posting out there for twitter about masking a full stadium? No. But I can see where her fear is coming from.

Sorry to hear that but maybe she should stay home. Take care of HER health and not judge others who choose to carry on with their life.... unafraid.
HalifaxAg
AG
I think you meant "couldn't find a real job, so I will just stay in school"
AGinHI
AG
docaggie said:

1. She didn't say "I'm doomed" she said, "We are doomed."
2. She perceives her role in #academia not to educate her students and challenge them to think for themselves, but to "change society"

Those two things are enough for me to see "life from her viewpoint."

Esteban du Plantier
AG
She lives in an $800,000 home.

Funny how the biggest beneficiaries of liberty and capitalism are the quickest to ***** about it.
LeonardSkinner
jac4 said:

Why can't they just live their own lives?

When you live your life the way you choose, it affects them, therefore you cannot be allowed to live it as you choose. When they live their lives the way they choose, it does not affect you, therefore you cannot be allowed to live it as you choose. /progressive logic
CanyonAg77
AG
Sorry she has cancer, but her fears do not supersede the liberties of others.

Our daughter was hurt by a drunk driver, so I have an unreasonable hatred of drunks. But I have yet to call for prohibition of all alcohol for everyone
ham98
I don't care about protecting anyone from covid. That's not my business. It's not anyone's business to protect me from it either.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
Dear "Dr" Helene

Oogway
deddog said:

uses hyphenated names

The hyphenated name thing is a professional practice and most often has little to do with politics as I know folks of varying political leanings who do this, especially in the STEM fields. Considering that publications are a part of ones' performance review, it helps with citations in the case of having papers published under a maiden name and then getting married, hence the hyphen. Some women keep their maiden name, but many prefer to hyphenate. Most of the time, the children use the single surname of the spouse.

Tailgate88
AG
Prexys Moon said:

It's just too fun watching her lose her mind about TAMU and covid in general.

You're right, Dr. Dr., we're doomed. Aggieland is much too dangerous of a place for you. Please resign immediately for your own safety, and move somewhere much safer, like San Francisco or Detroit or Chicago. Those people practice right-think and you'll be much safer amongst like-minded people.

I'll help you pack.
DG-Ag
AG
Prexys Moon said:

It's just too fun watching her lose her mind about TAMU and covid in general.

" We are doomed. " good grief.
jac4
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

She lives in an $800,000 home.

Funny how the biggest beneficiaries of liberty and capitalism are the quickest to ***** about it.
Brazos CAD?
AggieMD95
AG
Tailgate88 said:

She has two Dr. 's in front of her name? One for each last name? And still doesn't capitalize a city name?

Says veterinarian so prob DVM. Maybe PhD since she claims bacteriologist title. Obviously thinks she's smarter than you and you and you and you
DG-Ag
AG
AggieMD95 said:

Tailgate88 said:

She has two Dr. 's in front of her name? One for each last name? And still doesn't capitalize a city name?

Says veterinarian so prob DVM. Maybe PhD since she claims bacteriologist title. Obviously thinks she's smarter than you and you and you and you

Or a huge Robert Palmer fan!
ME92
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

MaxPower said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Also, hyphenated last name. Gents, never marry a hyphenator.
I often wonder what the daughter of these people does. Do they get the hyphen name and, if so, what do they do when they get married and want to hyphenate? The double hyphen or arbitrarily drop one of the last names? Or take their husbands name because it's too much of a pain in the butt? Either way, seems the parent is selfishly putting them in a difficult spot.

Likely options:

Hate the idea and take her husband's name.

Love the idea and drop her father's last name to continue the feminist dream.

Most of them were probably aborted.
Keegan99
AG
Here is the bigger problem:

Will she reassess her priors when her fears do not materialize?

That is what an actual scientist would do - correct the hypothesis.

Sadly, I fear she is not an actual scientist. Rather, she is a fear-paralyzed ideologue.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

Good lord.

I have to say, this comment is pretty sensible. Having dear, close friends is a significant asset in life.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
docaggie said:

Well, I might be with you if her entire twitter history was something other than one hard left shibboleth after another.

She is just tribing with her tribe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.