Trump Intends to Run Again

8,187 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cecil77
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good Lord, no.

President Trump should just enjoy being a billionaire, playboy philanthropist and retired Politician. Get out of politics altogether.
annie88
AG
Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Get a DeSantis in there. A infinitely more competent Trump who is not a one term loser.

That's a dumbass take. Especially given our countries fall the past few months and the fact Trump didn't lose. Joe cheated.

But I would vote for DeSantis.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Ag_of_08
AG
Greeeeeeat another polarizing, mostly liberal republican candidate to ensure another 4 years of dnc control, and provide a distraction for them

He needs to give way to someone like DeSantis or another conservative, that won't give them as many ways to reeeee.
TAMU1990
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

rgag12 said:

It Trump and DeSantis are in the same primary I kind of think it'll go like the Dems primary did in 2020.

When there's a lot of candidates, the man with the biggest fan club, (for the Dems this was Sanders, for republicans this is Trump) will do very well. When the field narrows to two or three, the people who supported the cast-offs will coalesce around DeSantis.
Except that is not what happened in 2020. All the challengers dropped out in the same week and endorsed Biden. The voters had no voice in that selection

Yep - they were paid off to get out
rgag12
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

rgag12 said:

It Trump and DeSantis are in the same primary I kind of think it'll go like the Dems primary did in 2020.

When there's a lot of candidates, the man with the biggest fan club, (for the Dems this was Sanders, for republicans this is Trump) will do very well. When the field narrows to two or three, the people who supported the cast-offs will coalesce around DeSantis.
Except that is not what happened in 2020. All the challengers dropped out in the same week and endorsed Biden. The voters had no voice in that selection

Yea they did, Sanders didn't drop out, neither did Warren
Hendrix
AG
I'm sorry, but there isn't a chance in hell the Don runs, wins the nomination and the election again. Zero. I'm sick and tired of 80 year old mentally incompetent *******s leading this country.
Gigem314
AG
titan said:

Gigem314 said:

Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Get a DeSantis in there. A infinitely more competent Trump who is not a one term loser.
I'm all for DeSantis. I'm just not sure some of you are going to stick with him though once the media starts treating him like Trump and trying to convince you how awful he is.
Seriously, do you think anyone actually OF the Right is going to be listening to "the media" bashing DeSantis?
Not the authentic conservatives. They know the stakes. But I think some of the same people who were quick to believe any negative spin about Trump will though.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
libs upon hearing this news and voter ID laws coming on hot in their cheat zones:

Old McDonald
2024 is a long way away, I'd be surprised if he still wants to by then. but if he does run it's all him on the R side, don't know that desantis has enough of an established brand to compete for the less politically active and aware segment of trump's voters. and if im desantis the last thing I want to do is go after trump in a primary.

at any rate, trump more likely than not loses in 2024 if he's the candidate. will he listen to the armies of R advisers who will probably tell him not to run? my guess is not, if his ego is on the line.
captkirk
AG
Trump needs to get behind DeSantis in a big way.

This could just be a play to remain the Kingmaker of the party
No Spin Ag
DeSantis has the demeanor that would wipe the floor with Kamala, while not pissing off the suburban conservative women. He'd easily win the rust belt states, win the election with ease, and likely have an easy reelection.
Nitro Power
AG
I'm as big a fan of DeSantis as anyone, and would probably support him over Trump. From the simple point that DeSantis can be brash enough, but can play the game. Trump....well he's brute force. But I digress....DeSantis can't beat Trump unless he's out of it. Now Trump/DeSantis 2024..yes please
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
BigRobSA
Nitro Power said:

I'm as big a fan of DeSantis as anyone, and would probably support him over Trump. From the simple point that DeSantis can be brash enough, but can play the game. Trump....well he's brute force. But I digress....DeSantis can't beat Trump unless he's out of it. Now Trump/DeSantis 2024..yes please

Anyone, that wants to win, that votes Trump over DeSantis is a moron that deserves to have their vote removed.
Nitro Power
AG
To an extent I agree. But let's give credit where it is due. Trump gave a few Republicans some balls. Do you really think anyone else could have laid the groundwork Trump did?
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
oysterbayAG
AG
Trump should run for a congressional seat from Florida and become Speaker of the House ! That would do the trick.
BigRobSA
Nitro Power said:

To an extent I agree. But let's give credit where it is due. Trump gave a few Republicans some balls. Do you really think anyone else could have laid the groundwork Trump did?

To my knowledge DeSantis wasn't one. Yes, some people started acting tough. But Cruz was always a Tweet beast and DeSantis has always been DeSantis.

Trump's zero ****s given attitude is one of the things I liked about him. But he's an anchor, not a sail.
cecil77
AG
Four years is long time when you're 74. "If health still good" is a plausible and useful out.
AggieZUUL
AG
Has DeSantis hinted at a run? He may be best used in 2028.
Who?mikejones!
No thanks. Desantis please.
Wes97
AG
DeSantis should just propose making Trump the perpetual leader of the RNC. That would be a perfect spot for him.

Nothing but trolling Dems & the media and doing constant tv spots. Doesn't have to do any of the actual policy hard work. And more importantly keeps him far away from making any appointments.

Trump's political & staff appointments were the worst aspect of his presidency.
BoydCrowder13
AggieZUUL said:

Has DeSantis hinted at a run? He may be best used in 2028.

What is there to hint? He knows he is a front runner (maybe THE front runner) in 2024. He'll be a great age to run (45) with 5 years experience at a Congressman and 5 years as the executive of the nation's 3rd largest state. And he has been in the news constantly during COVID.

When you have an opportunity to run and are peaking politically, you run.
aggiebird02
I'll enthusiastically vote for Trump again...

Edit: Just to clarify, I'd also enthusiastically vote for Cruz, and from what I've seen from him so far, I'd vote for DeSantis as well...
Barnyard96
AG
I'm glad Trump beat Hillary and was our president. I also think he got hosed in November.

That said, I would vote for Desantis over him in the primary.
Proper Twelve
Here's my question. By Trumps own words he believes the election was rigged against him. So why the hell would he run again? If they rigged an election to remove you from office, on what planet would they allow a fair one to allow you a chance back in?
rab79
AG
BigRobSA said:

Nitro Power said:

To my knowledge DeSantis wasn't one. Yes, some people started acting tough. But Cruz was always a Tweet beast and DeSantis has always been DeSantis.

Trump's zero ****s given attitude is one of the things I liked about him. But he's an anchor, not a sail.
well when you are going over the edge of discworld an anchor is more critical than a sail.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Womackster
AG
Please don't. Thank you for all the good things. Definitely more than any president since Reagan, but you failed to handle your one big crisis well and gave control of the country over to Little Finger. Time for some DeSantis. Focus on making CPAC TrumpPAC.
TexAgs91
AG
Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Never Trumpers were a joke
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgs91
AG
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Slyfox07
AG
66% of republicans believe that election was stolen. 2/3's.

And the dems won't allow audits.

Insanity. Without confidence in our institutions the republic WILL fail.
TexAgs91
AG
GAC06 said:

Trump running again will be a disaster
Just like all the other RINOs thinking the problem is Trump, rather than the democrats.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgs91
AG
Gigem314 said:

Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

I'm all for DeSantis. I'm just not sure some of you are going to stick with him though once the media starts treating him like Trump and trying to convince you how awful he is.
They're going to go running for Kasich or Romney
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Science Denier
AG
Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Trump didn't lose.
dmart90
AG
GAC06 said:

Trump running again will be a disaster

Just like the first time.
MaroonStain
AG
Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Replaced by a 47-year federal government loser that has proved he is in the bottom tier of POTUS'es in FOUR MONTHS.

Bwhahahahahaha... Laughing stock of the globe in FOUR MONTHS. #trendsetter
Save pets. Vote Trump 2024.
MaroonStain
AG
There has to be a secret Forum 16 troll society where they L33T and fawn over each other on responses. Prob setup as a sub-routine counter on this board. #laughcry
Save pets. Vote Trump 2024.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.