Trump Intends to Run Again

8,194 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cecil77
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump Intends to Run Again If His Health Remains Good

Quote:

ormer President Donald Trump reportedly expects to run again in 2024 as long as his health remains good.

Politico reported on Thursday that Trump is telling political allies of his intentions. Politico attributed the information to two sources.

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., had told Newsmax on Tuesday that Trump is working to win back the House and the Senate from the Democrats, to create a successful environment for a possible run in 2024.

''In my discussions with him, he said his priority is to ensure that we win the House and get the Senate back, and I know he's working hard at doing just that,'' Nunes said on ''Greg Kelly Reports."
And a new Quinnipiac poll released Wednesday found that 66% of Republicans want Trump to make a third run for the White House.

That number also mirrors the 66 percent of Republicans that say they believe the 2020 election was ''stolen'' from Trump.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Hail to the Chief.

Tex117
AG
Lets hope he doesn't.

Get a DeSantis in there. A infinitely more competent Trump who is not a one term loser.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Get a DeSantis in there. A infinitely more competent Trump who is not a one term loser.
Get Trump to Run with DeSantis.

Trump runs away with the last election if there is any transparency and voting laws in about 7 counties that flipped it.
Sid Farkas
AG
Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

DeSantis and Rand Paul are the future of the party. Trump should play king-maker and endorse one or both of them
C@LAg
DeSantis.

Time to move forward.
AgBQ-00
AG
Thinking this may be a play by Trump to cause the slings and arrows to come at him while the others build in the shadow of the show it creates. But who knows. He may actually run again.
GAC06
AG
Trump running again will be a disaster
titan
S
Sid Farkas said:

Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

DeSantis and Rand Paul are the future of the party. Trump should play king-maker and endorse one or both of them
Now that you mention it, in a way never really true before, it does indeed seem like Rand Paul is gaining the worthy recognition he always rated is it not? A real scrapper --- definitely 2.0 before its time, like Cruz.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Boo Weekley
I really hope he doesn't and that he endorses Desantis instead. Worst case scenario is some type of nasty major beef between the two of them that somehow splits the party. But even though Trump helped pave the way for a Desantis type as a realistic option, I could see Desantis embarrassing Trump in primaries if it came to that. He's just Trump, but more intelligent and without some of the self-sabotaging flaws.

Melania and his family may want no part of this as well. They know that the only people that matter respect them and view him as the best president we've had in a long time.
C@LAg
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Get Trump to Run with DeSantis.

Trump runs away with the last election if there is any transparency and voting laws in about 7 counties that flipped it.
but he "didn't" and nothing has been done to change the methods that permitted the cheating in those counties. and there is still 3.5 years of challenges and rule changes by libs and their lapdog judges to make it even more insurmountable.

the republicans had 4 years to fix the **** prior to 2020 and they sat around with their thumbs up their geriatric asses. what makes you think they will do anything with the 3.5 years they have now.
FrioAg 00
AG
I don't want to see Trump tearing down DeSantis in primaries
P.U.T.U
AG
Someone mentioned it on another thread but Trump should run and at the last minute pull out and endorse DeSantis or whoever. That keeps the media busy with Trump and not focused on the "true" candidate.
Keegan99
AG
Until the tech companies and media companies re-platform Trump, this is irrelevant.

You cannot run a presidential campaign without the ability to communicate with the voters that aren't already partisans.
Burdizzo
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Someone mentioned it on another thread but Trump should run and at the last minute pull out and endorse DeSantis or whoever. That keeps the media busy with Trump and not focused on the "true" candidate.

Trump would never do that. His ego won't let him think of anything more than himself.

I voted for Trump, and I still recognize his narcissism.
rgag12
AG
It Trump and DeSantis are in the same primary I kind of think it'll go like the Dems primary did in 2020.

When there's a lot of candidates, the man with the biggest fan club, (for the Dems this was Sanders, for republicans this is Trump) will do very well. When the field narrows to two or three, the people who supported the cast-offs will coalesce around DeSantis.
AgBQ-00
AG
rgag12 said:

It Trump and DeSantis are in the same primary I kind of think it'll go like the Dems primary did in 2020.

When there's a lot of candidates, the man with the biggest fan club, (for the Dems this was Sanders, for republicans this is Trump) will do very well. When the field narrows to two or three, the people who supported the cast-offs will coalesce around DeSantis.
Except that is not what happened in 2020. All the challengers dropped out in the same week and endorsed Biden. The voters had no voice in that selection
Keegan99
AG
rgag12 said:

It's a different game when the guy is the former POTUS.

Trump and Trumpism IS the GOP. At least as far as the primary voters are concerned.
Gigem314
AG
Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

I'm all for DeSantis. I'm just not sure some of you are going to stick with him though once the media starts treating him like Trump and trying to convince you how awful he is.
Tom Doniphon
Love it or hate it... I'm not sure Trump can win. His efforts, as someone above stated, would be better utilized in helping folks like DeSantis, Noem, West, Cruz, etc.

YMMV.
FJB
PLUM LOCO
AG
I hate to say it but I think DJT is damaged goods.

He need to focus on congress for '22 and support DeSantis/Nomes for president/VP, then show them where all the bones are located.
C@LAg
Gigem314 said:

Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

I'm all for DeSantis. I'm just not sure some of you are going to stick with him though once the media starts treating him like Trump and trying to convince you how awful he is.
DeSantis is not a perfect conservative, by far, but he is much more of a conservative than Trump is.

And he is infinitely more likeable across the board, so has an actual chance of appealing to some moderates who are tired of the Dems *****
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Did trump not get 76 million votes?

He won with 62 million in 2016, correct?
Tom Doniphon
Correct... while Trump's economic policy was exponentially better than the shyt sandwich we are being force fed today... calling him "conservative" is quite a stretch.
FJB
BMX Bandit
Sticking by my prediction he doesn't run
C@LAg
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Did trump not get 76 million votes?

He won with 62 million in 2016, correct?
unless he can magically create 7 million votes out of thin air like the Dems did, then that is his ceiling.
will25u
Trump truly is not a Conservative. He is a Populist.

If it weren't for the WuFlu, President Trump would still be President. The WuFlu allowed the democrats to bend the rules and cheat JUST enough to barely win.

I have seen polling out that shows the current possible Republican candidates, Trump, DeSantis, etc etc, and Trump still is double digits lead over the next guy(DeSantis).

I believe Trump will win the primaries, and probably win the Presidential election if he is who America chooses as their candidate.
BusterAg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Sticking by my prediction he doesn't run
I say 35% chance he runs.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
BusterAg
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

I hate to say it but I think DJT is damaged goods.

He need to focus on congress for '22 and support DeSantis/Nomes for president/VP, then show them where all the bones are located.
I would love to see Trump appointed as head of the FBI.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
Rossticus
Can't wait to watch Trump wreck shop in the primaries and embarrass the other candidates. It was comedy gold last time and it'll likely be cranked up at least a couple of notches next time.
aggie93
AG
As we go off into the abyss remember this is a Politico article with no real sources and just speculation. I mean when I think of places that really know what Trump wants to do and where he trusts, I think Politico.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
AGHouston11
AG
So the next person will need more than 81 million votes?

Does it even matter who it is at this point.

Will Zuckenberg put in a Billion this next go around?
titan
S
Gigem314 said:

Tex117 said:

Lets hope he doesn't.

Seriously, do you think anyone actually OF the Right is going to be listening to "the media" bashing DeSantis?
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
A Net Full of Jello
AG
GAC06 said:

Trump running again will be a disaster
Why? He's already won two presidential elections. What makes you think he can't/won't win a third?
annie88
AG
I prefer Trump/DeSantis but will vote for DeSantis if that's the way it works out.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.