Has the new border wall been a good investment so far?

4,263 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RGV AG
hoopla
How long do you want to ignore this user?

As of today, about 453 mi was completed with about 400 mi of it replacing old barriers.

Before

After

captkirk
AG
hoopla said:

As of today, about 453 mi was completed with about 400 mi of it replacing old barriers.

Before

After

You call that before picture a barrier?
My Name Is Judge
The border wall could've been a great investment...

But we allowed an establishment dementia puppet to steal an election & implement an open border policy
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
hoopla
Terminology used by USBP.
TexAgsSean
AG
captkirk said:

hoopla said:

Before

After

The before photo will keep cattle out.

The after will keep coyotes out.

How the hell do coyotes bring people in anyway?!
BTKAG97
AG
A protective barrier is only as good as the people who watch it. Currently, we have an administration that has no desire to keep an eye on it.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
Quote:

We have a member of Congress that thinks they bring people over carrying them in their mouths.
etxag02
20 million a mile and defeated by $100 saw

A ladder is less expensive

TexAgsSean
AG
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

Quote:

We have a member of Congress that thinks they bring people over carrying them in their mouths.

That's ridiculous. Everyone knows they can't carry a human in their mouth!
ProgN
TexAgsSean said:

captkirk said:

hoopla said:

Before

After

The before photo will keep cattle out.

The after will keep coyotes out.

There was a photoshop pic of Mexican kids riding coyotes like jockeys on Twitter a few years ago. It was in response to a leftist asking that same question, but she was being serious.
74OA
AG
At one time I recall reading that wall construction was being concentrated in/near border urban areas because illegals were getting across and disappearing into local neighborhoods before authorities could respond. Construction in rural areas was supposedly secondary because the vast open spaces gave BP time to detect and react.

Does anyone know how much of the new/improved wall construction was built in/near border urban areas vs rural areas?
MouthBQ98
AG
Making it more difficult gives more time to detect and intercept. Try publishing a photo of the actual wall being cut through after installation.
74OA
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Making it more difficult gives more time to detect and intercept. Try publishing a photo of the actual wall being cut through after installation.
That's right. Humans can surmount any barrier given enough time and resources. Military routinely uses barriers and will tell you they are not meant to be impenetrable, but are invaluable in effectively delaying and channelizing an attacker, and allow quicker detection by the defense. Above all, barriers must be backed up by sensors and people.
etxag02
MouthBQ98 said:

It has not been too difficult. U.S. Customs and Border Protection records obtained by WaPo via a FOI request showed smugglers sawed into new sections of the new border wall 18 times in the San Diego area during a single one-month span in 2019. The San Diego area has the most fortified barriers anywhere along the border with recently completed sections having twin layers of steel bollard fencing as tall as 30 feet, with a paved road running between them that allows U.S. agents to quickly respond to scaling and breaching incidents.
74OA
AG
etxag02 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

It has not been too difficult. U.S. Customs and Border Protection records obtained by WaPo via a FOI request showed smugglers sawed into new sections of the new border wall 18 times in the San Diego area during a single one-month span in 2019. The San Diego area has the most fortified barriers anywhere along the border with Mexico with recently completed sections having twin layers of steel bollard fencing as tall as 30 feet, with a paved road running between them that allows U.S. agents to quickly respond to scaling and breaching incidents.
The point is they had to saw thru not just walk thru. Making a hole delayed them and was easy for BP to subsequently detect and correct. No barrier is impenetrable and all need effective monitoring and human enforcement and, even then, there will be leaks.
Sully Dog
You do realize they have motion and vibration sensors that allow CBP to arrive and detain people trying to get over.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Keller6Ag91
AG
etxag02 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

It has not been too difficult. U.S. Customs and Border Protection records obtained by WaPo via a FOI request showed smugglers sawed into new sections of the new border wall 18 times in the San Diego area during a single one-month span in 2019. The San Diego area has the most fortified barriers anywhere along the border with recently completed sections having twin layers of steel bollard fencing as tall as 30 feet, with a paved road running between them that allows U.S. agents to quickly respond to scaling and breaching incidents.
I don't understand your point. What's your recommended solution if not a wall/barrier?
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Ag87H2O
AG
etxag02 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I'll guarantee you if all they had was a battery powered saw, it took them a long while to cut through, with a ton of extra blades and batteries. Plenty of time for law enforcement to get there in time. You don't cut through 12" square tubing with 1/4" wall thickness filled with concrete quickly, even with an acetylene cutting rig. I would question how they cut the steel tubing on the opposite side of the wall without a torch to cut out large pieces.

Sounds like MSM anti border wall propaganda to me.
etxag02
Keller6Ag91 said:

etxag02 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I don't understand your point. What's your recommended solution if not a wall/barrier?
Depends on what problem you are trying to solve. Legislation that addresses our labor needs and the migratory work force that our economy relies on is the needed solution and the most economical.

If we are just trying to stop illegal migration without addressing the underlying problem we have fighting with for over a hundred years, then walls are best for urban areas and high tech surveillance would be better for most of the border. Most of the border wall was a waste imho.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
etxag02 said:

Bullets would be cheaper than the wall. And I don't think the saw or ladder will be effective.

We are being invaded.
AgResearch
AG
Shooting the invaders would be even more effective.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Ag87H2O said:

etxag02 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I'll guarantee you if all they had was a battery powered saw, it took them a long while to cut through, with a ton of extra blades and batteries. Plenty of time for law enforcement to get there in time. You don't cut through 12" square tubing with 1/4" wall thickness filled with concrete quickly, even with an acetylene cutting rig. I would question how they cut the steel tubing on the opposite side of the wall without a torch to cut out large pieces.

Sounds like MSM anti border wall propaganda to me.
Exactly. You know how I can tell these people never cut through metal that thick before? That is not a 2 minute job.
captkirk
AG
etxag02 said:

Keller6Ag91 said:

etxag02 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Depends on what problem you are trying to solve. Legislation that addresses our labor needs and the migratory work force that our economy relies on is the needed solution and the most economical.

If we are just trying to stop illegal migration without addressing the underlying problem we have fighting with for over a hundred years, then walls are best for urban areas and high tech surveillance would be better for most of the border. Most of the border wall was a waste imho.
Get Off My Lawn
A functional defense uses supporting mechanisms because every individual strategy can be defeated. Physical barriers create stand-off and delay that allow defenders to become far more effective whether it's Normandy Beach, the Whitehouse fence/lawn, or a national border.

These same pathetic talking points get stuff out every time "border wall" is brought up, and they're all straw-men. The "wall" is actually a fence + road + sensors + patrolling agents + a QRF. The fence is one useful part of a system.
etxag02
It's wasteful. The extra security would not be needed if the underlying problem was addressed.
lb3
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

etxag02 said:

Bullets would be cheaper than the wall. And I don't think the saw or ladder will be effective.

We are being invaded.
I don't think those walls are 50' but who on this planet thinks you can get a ladder longer than 50' for $16? More like $1000-$1600 for anything over 50 feet.
74OA
AG
etxag02 said:

It's wasteful. The extra security would not be needed if the underlying problem was addressed.
"Fixing" Mexico and Central America would take trillions and a half century--if ever. Without border enforcement, in that time most would have already moved here.
etxag02
74OA said:

etxag02 said:

Very true, but "fixing" Mexico and Central America would take trillions and a half century--if ever. Without border enforcement, in that time most would have just moved here.
Most are coming here with border enforcement. We can be naive and think we can stop it with enforcement alone, but we never have in the last 100 years. We keep on making the same mistakes. And for the partisans, that means the Democrats win no matter what.
74OA
AG
etxag02 said:

74OA said:

etxag02 said:

Very true, but "fixing" Mexico and Central America would take trillions and a half century--if ever. Without border enforcement, in that time most would have just moved here.
Most are coming here with border enforcement. We can be nave and think we can stop it with enforcement alone, but we never have in the last 100 years. We keep on making the same mistakes. And for the partisans, that means the Democrats win no matter what.
Many will try and a well-enforced barrier will help control that. My point is we need near-term enforcement until other long-term programs can address the underlying issues down south. They're not mutually exclusive approaches.
Ulrich
lb3 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

etxag02 said:

We are being invaded.
I don't think those walls are 50' but who on this planet thinks you can get a ladder longer than 50' for $16? More like $1000-$1600 for anything over 50 feet.

They're welding them out of cheap rebar. Not something I would trust, but it probably works.
etxag02
74OA said:

etxag02 said:

74OA said:

etxag02 said:

Most are coming here with border enforcement. We can be nave and think we can stop it with enforcement alone, but we never have in the last 100 years. We keep on making the same mistakes. And for the partisans, that means the Democrats win no matter what.
Many will try and a well-enforced barrier will help control that. My point is we need enforcement until other programs can address the underlying issues down south. They're not mutually exclusive approaches.
The "well-enforced barrier" is really the only thing we are concentrating on. Nothing else. That's a losing battle unless you want the big demographic change.
Get Off My Lawn
74OA said:

etxag02 said:

"Fixing" Mexico and Central America would take trillions and a half century--if ever. Without border enforcement, in that time most would have already moved here.
Fixing Mexico would require a multi-decade military occupation / conquering.
B-1 83
AG
etxag02 said:

I'm going to go with all of my CBP friends and close relatives who say "absolutely" vs some idiot troll on the internet who is evidently clueless about how the walls were intended to function under normal circumstances when CBP isn't hamstrung by an administration Hell bent on letting as many illegal immigrants in as possible.
AGHouston11
AG
For all the critics of the wall - where is all that non wall technology that is more effective at?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.